Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

@Herman It might be a case they cant use much from the airbus line, im not sure if any of the systems from the CRJ might be able to be used. I would say though  if they do consider doing something like an A220 or A350 it would be a while yet considering they have the CRJ, twin otter and the a320 family and ofc the A330 i would love to see  AS make the A350, maybe in time after the 320 family and 330 they might look to something like that.

20 minutes ago, Avmatt said:

@Herman It might be a case they cant use much from the airbus line, im not sure if any of the systems from the CRJ might be able to be used. I would say though  if they do consider doing something like an A220 or A350 it would be a while yet considering they have the CRJ, twin otter and the a320 family and ofc the A330 i would love to see  AS make the A350, maybe in time after the 320 family and 330 they might look to something like that.

Don't someone else have the A220 in development...Whiskey Jet Simulations I believe(know nothing about them to be honest)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, bluemoon51 said:

Don't someone else have the A220 in development...Whiskey Jet Simulations I believe(know nothing about them to be honest)

There's a freeware in development.. but anyways this is starting to get pretty of topic

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

mmmm, we'll see,

An Aerosoft A220 would be an instant buy from me! I had a chance to fly several legs on the BCS1 prior to Covid and absolutely love that plane. Understood that it’s an Airbus in name only, but perhaps the Collins avionics/systems would have at least some synergies with the CRJ code base (here’s hoping!).

That said, very excited about the A320/A330 family as well! I’ll be eagerly keeping an eye on this preview forum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One thing I want to add for A3xxx in VR: The printer implementation needs to be reconsidered. Currently, if you take up (click on) the printed sheet, it appears as a popout window somewhere outside of your VR cockpit and is also hard to read. Maybe there is a place closer to pilot's eyes to fix it on?

On 2/21/2021 at 9:00 AM, Capt Shark said:

For me I'd like to see the A319/320/321 series first.  In particular the A321. :)

I agree with the first sentence 100% 😉 I would however love to see the A320 first.

The default A320 is just meh, and even though FBW are doing a great job in making it somewhat flyable, its still light years away from wanting me to make the switch to MSFS 2020. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am terribly excited for this project...especially the A330.  I feel good about the A32NX from FBW (not that yours might be better/worse in any way), but the 330 fills a need.  It's a beautiful bird and would work great with my TCA pack too!  Love all your airports BTW...I think I have almost every one for MSFS.  I used your CRJ in FSX and will buy the new one DAY ONE!  Keep up the exciting work!

• Like 1

This is amazing work! I'm always asking myself if these new aircrafts will be available for XBox as well when MSFS2020 is launched for this platform. Not sure if you're able to answer that, but if this possibility is real I'd be greatly satisfied as I could go ahead and buy an XBox instead of a gaming PC. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Luki 17 said:

Will there be another airbus bundle? Will the products be released at the same time or will the bundle come later?

I might be wrong but I think they'll be 3 releases, the A318/A319, A320/A321, and A330, how long between the releases who knows, in terms of a bundle, I'm sure Aerosoft have said for the CRJ they will put all 4 models in a package when the 900/1000 is released so I would think the same will happen with the A318-A321 but that's a guess

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

I might be wrong but I think they'll be 3 releases, the A318/A319, A320/A321, and A330, how long between the releases who knows, in terms of a bundle, I'm sure Aerosoft have said for the CRJ they will put all 4 models in a package when the 900/1000 is released so I would think the same will happen with the A318-A321 but that's a guess

correct!

• Like 8

@Mathijs Kok Just wondering, (if you can answer now) is the A318 going to have the steep approach modification in it like the FSX/P3D versions, I only ask as BA no longer have the A318 so I wasn't sure if you would remove it? Hopefully it will be there

• Aerosoft
55 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

@Mathijs Kok Just wondering, (if you can answer now) is the A318 going to have the steep approach modification in it like the FSX/P3D versions, I only ask as BA no longer have the A318 so I wasn't sure if you would remove it? Hopefully it will be there

It is still planned.

• Like 4

Hahaha, good to see like... A lot of people from the CRJ forum in here. I counted 8 of us that I recognize from the CRJ forum in here, and that's only 1 page!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

correct!

I know it is early yet, but any thoughts on range of models covered in the single A330 release? I’m specifically thinking of the -800/900 neo birds. Has the team studied differences and feasibility for including the neo variants in addition to the 200/300? Are all engine options in scope for the 200/300?