Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Prop, Mixture Problem

My Bravo Throttle quadrant is not working normally in X-plane 11. The throttle quadrant works nominally in MSFS. When using the Bravo Throttle the throttle, prop, mixture, gear, flaps and trim works nominally in MSFS with the gear LED light not working (known issue).

I normally use X-plane 11 for training so working in MSFS is of little help (but proves the Honeycomb Bravo hardware works fine). The flaps, trim and gear work nominally in X-plane 11.

When using the throttle, prop and mixture they only move nominally through a small range from about 1/3 to 2/3 of nominal range.

As an example: When I attempt to set full throttle at the number 1 position from idle the RPM decreases (in X-Plane) as the power lever advances from 1500 RPM to 1100 RPM. Then it follows the power lever position until I am approaching the full throttle position on the Bravo throttle then the throttle in the simulator (X-Plane) backs off to about the 1500 RPM from 2000 RPM the maximum attained. Nominally would be around 2600 RPM while the throttle is still at full throttle on the Bravo quadrant. The same situation occurs when I attempt to decrease the throttle to idle. The bravo throttle moves to the idle position but the simulator (X-Plane) throttle approaches idle and them returns to about the 1/3 position or 1500 RPM for idle. The throttle is jerky when in transit between idle to full throttle, especially on initial movement from idle and again at full throttle.

This same problem occurs for the prop control and the mixture control in the number 3 and 5 position on the Bravo throttle with the same range of motion issue as mentioned above including the jerky movement. I have calibrated the Bravo quadrant numerous times in X-Plane with no improvement.

I have tried other airplanes and the problem is still there with the other airplanes (X-Plane included aircraft not add-on aircraft). My computer is updated with the latest Windows and X-plane 11.51 updates. I have the latest Honeycomb Bravo drivers AS_HONEYCOMB_XP11_WIN_V2.ZIP I have rebooted the computer multiple times.

I have not seen this problem mentioned on any of the forums so at this point I need help to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Like 1

I have recorded some data in X-Plane to help with the troubleshooting. I have recorded both Honeycomb Bravo and CH Product Yoke (with Throttle) for comparison. 

In the recorded data the the throttle is increased to full power then reduced to idle three times. As the data and graph (in Excel) show the CH Product Yoke shows a very smooth increase and decrease in power. The X-Plane shows significant jumps (positive and negative) of the throttle even though the physical Honeycomb Bravo hardware was slowly applying power to full throttle then decreased to idle (just as in the case of the CH Product).

Often times the Honeycomb Bravo would jump to 0.5 (or 50%) throughout the application of throttle both increasing and decreasing to include near idle and near full power.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there are additional testing that could be done to help troubleshoot this issue.

Honeycomb_Bravo_Data_v2.txt Honeycomb_Bravo_X-Plane.xlsx CH_Product_Data_v2.txt CH_Product_X-Plane.xlsx

• 3 months later...

I ended up uninstalling X-Plane (deleting the X-Plane directory) then reinstalling X-Plane.

This fixed the issue. There were no problems with the Honeycomb Bravo. 

I was having this experience as well. Originally, I had the throttle quadrant plugged into a USB hub (which did not have its own power connection), and it was causing intermittent issues. But, before I went ahead and purchased a powered USB hub, I plugged the throttle quadrant directly into the back of my PC, and I updated the BIOS for my motherboard as there is a known issue with AMD Ryzen 3xxx and 5xxx CPUs where there is a USB disconnection problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Aerosoft
Am 29.6.2022 um 20:32 schrieb AviatorRis:

Does anyone else have the above mentioned problem with Bravo and X-plane 11.

I would appreciate any solutions to mitigate in resolving the problem.

Hi,

the other posters solved their issues by either reinstalling X-Plane or by making sure the Honeycomb Bravo gets enough power from the usb connection. So, for starters, make sure you have also at least tried that.