Twotter 1.01 observations

trisager

The twotter is much easier to fly now, with almost no turning tendency and less extreme pitch changes. There are two issues I noted, though:

* I still cannot get the beta lights to extinguish while stationary on the ground, unless I use an extreme power setting. If anything it is worse than before.

* The low fuel annunciations are correct now, but there is still an issue with the fuel selector. In the center position both engines will feed from either tank. With zero fuel in one tank, as long there is something left in the other I can start and run both engines.

These are little things, though - It's a really nice airplane.

Tom

Both issues will be corrected in the next update.

For the Beta range lights: Right now the actual beta angle of the propeller blades are used for the indications, but since FSX does a poor job simulating turboprop engines, the beta range light logic will be changed to use power lever position instead. It will extinguish whenever the hardware throttles are moved beyond 20% of their travel. At this point there is a distinguished increase of thrust. Since operating in beta range is used for ground taxiing, it is also in this range (when lights are lit) very easy to control taxi speed.

For the Fuel selector switch: Right now the twotter uses CENTER and CENTER2 for AFT and FWD tanks. A bug in FSX, is causing CENTER2 to be emptied first even though the fuel selector switch is in NORM position (all). Tank assignment will be changed in the next update.

On behalf of Aerosoft

Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen

Yep, right now with the current "unofficial" update, Beta range lights are still buggy.

The change I described above is not included yet, but will be in the NEXT update sheduled for next week !!

Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen

The change I described above is not included yet, but will be in the NEXT update sheduled for next week !!

Aerosoft's Twotter has been released for 3 days and we are now sheduled for the second Update next week! :shock:

You Aerosoft Team do a outstanding support and that show us how you take your work very seriously.

Continue your good work, but take care to don't exhaust yourself :wink:

Benoit.

Yep, right now with the current "unofficial" update, Beta range lights are still buggy.

Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen

Super support! One question, as others have mentioned. Are you planning on correcting some glaring ommisions on the panel, such as adding DME, an Audio panel, and OBS's for both nav radios?

Thanks for the great work.

• 3 weeks later...
Both issues will be corrected in the next update.

For the Fuel selector switch: Right now the twotter uses CENTER and CENTER2 for AFT and FWD tanks. A bug in FSX, is causing CENTER2 to be emptied first even though the fuel selector switch is in NORM position (all). Tank assignment will be changed in the next update.

This problem is still there in the 1.02 version.

Tom

Hi Trisager

The 1.02 update does not include the new tank assignment yet. You have to wait for 1.10 update.

The main fix in 1.02 is the new MOI fix, wich fixes the pitch with power change issue.

Regards

Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen