FS2004 Mega Zurich

Wasiejah65

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this scenery and still show a house in the middle of Runway 34.   I have made the scenery higher and lower than other sceneries in Switzerland, which had no effect.  Any suggestions on how this can be resolved would be greatly appreciated. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's a really old sim, and Mega Airport Zurich might not work with it. Please confirm which version of MA Zurich you have. If it's not the current version in the shop and the house is indeed a bug, then I doubt it will be fixed as it's an obsolete scenery. But please read on and see if the following is any help.

The current product in the shop for older versions of MS Flight Simulator (product page here) isn't guaranteed to run correctly with FS2004 aka Century of Flight, though it might. Here's the system requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (incl. Service Pack 2 or Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition or Steam Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (v2 or v3.2).

While this may or may not be the cause of what you're seeing, as an additional troubleshooting step, you could try removing all but MA Zurich from your scenery config file to see if some other scenery is causing a conflict. It's been years since I've run FS2004, but I recall you can easily disable the other sceneries by moving the scenery.cfg file to a safe place, installing MA Zurich, rebooting, opening the sim, and seeing if the house is still there. What I don't remember unfortunately is where the file is, but you should be able to find it with a search in File Manager. The sim should re-generate the scenery.cfg file to fit what's then installed. If the house is still there, it would appear it's a scenery fault that's unlikely to be fixable for an unsupported sim. If the house is gone, then one of the other sceneries is conflicting with MA Zurich, and you'll have to trial and error installation pairs until you find the culprit. Then decide which one you want to live without.

Herman - Thank you for responding.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery, including adjusting the scenery level.  Unfortunately, the scenery still shows a house in the middle of runway 34 (see below).  While Zurich is  not an airport I fly into frequently, it's annoying to see this when landing.   I've seen one post that suggest it could be caused by another scenery, but no guide as to which one.  I have a lot of sceneries installed and can't imagine which one could cause this to happen.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I certainly agree that house ruins the immersion. At this point, we'll simply have to wait and see if anyone else has this issue and better yet, a fix. I don't have FSX, let alone FS2004 installed, so can't verify this for you.

In the meantime, I still need to hear from you with what version of the scenery you're using. If you bought it from Aerosoft, simply check your shop account page where you downloaded it from and reply with the title. The latest current version in the shop is "Mega Airport Zurich v2.0," again for FSX and later, not FS2004. I'm sure the house in your screenshot wasn't there. I bought mine, probably within a month of release in September 2015. The prior version was called "Mega Airport Zurich 2012" which was released in I believe 2011 and did work with FS2004, so quite dated and likely no one knows how to fix that house. I used it fairly frequently back then, but sure don't remember a house on any of the runways. I did do a search of back problem threads for MA Zurich and found no one reporting this issue, so sad to say, it may be just on your computer.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I noted above, I think I'd remember a house in the middle of any runway (I know of some too), but don't recall that issue with MA Zurich 2012 scenery in FSX. I doubt I ran it in FS2004 though, as I'd already moved to FSX by then, so it could still be a bug in the scenery, since I believe FS2004 met the system requirements for it back then. Since there are no other reports of this I can find with this scenery and FS2004, I have to regretfully advise that it's likely something on your system. Otherwise, there would have been complaints recorded and searchable in our forums.

I can see why you're reluctant to troubleshoot to see if some other scenery is conflicting. So the only other suggestion I have for you is to remove the scenery, confirm the house is gone from stock LSZH, ensure FS2004 is closed, redownload the scenery from your Aerosoft shop account (so you know you have the latest version), install with your antivirus off and opening the installer as Administrator, reboot, and see if the house is still there. If so, I'm afraid there's nothing more I can suggest to make it gone on your system. If the house is now gone, then by all means, please report back, so there's now a record of this issue and a way to fix it.

I'll leave this open for a few months in case someone comes along who can offer other solutions.

Thank you Herman.  I didn't think to try looking to see if it showed on the stock scenery.  Will check that out.   If all else fails, I'll log into my Aerosoft account to download again.   I already have V1.00 and V1.01.  Don't think there were any other updates.   Thanks for the support.

S

• Deputy Sheriffs

The shop pages look a little different now than a while ago, with the release date shown as well. As you can see in mine, version 1.01/the bottom one is the one you want for FS2004 aka FS9. Even though you quoted the current version, I'd still re-download it in case there was an issue there. And unpack it using something like 7zip (free download) instead of the occasionally troublesome built-in that comes with Windows.

Hi,

I just made a fresh install of 'AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-ZURICH-2012-FS2004_V101.exe' into my old FS2004 installation on an old PC and I got no weird problems with a house on the rwy 34.

Regards

Hans

Archived