LECO taxilines/lights

Tom_L

First of all: it's a great scenery that provides excellent immersion.

However, I noticed that the yellow taxiline on the turnpad for rwy 21 is too far to the edge of the runway/turnpad (didn't check rwy 03 yet). On the runway the beginnings of the yellow taxilines are too far out of the centre of the rwy. And on the apron and taxiways blue taxilights seem to be scattered quite randomly, at least they are mostly not in line with the yellow taximarking.

• Developer
12 hours ago, Tom_L said:

First of all: it's a great scenery that provides excellent immersion.

However, I noticed that the yellow taxiline on the turnpad for rwy 21 is too far to the edge of the runway/turnpad (didn't check rwy 03 yet). On the runway the beginnings of the yellow taxilines are too far out of the centre of the rwy. And on the apron and taxiways blue taxilights seem to be scattered quite randomly, at least they are mostly not in line with the yellow taximarking.

Good morning.

About the lights, unfortunately for me, when making the taxi lines I have used the SDK own lights and they are supposed to follow correctly the painted line, but unfortunately this is not working well since the last update of the SDK and the Simulator, I am working on adding custom lights and in the next update of the scenery we will have lights with the correct color, own models and custom platform edge lights.

Thanks for your input.

• Developer

Hello again.
About your comment on the yellow cab lines for runway 21 I don't know if I'm understanding correctly what you are asking.
It is possible that the turn at the end of the runway was too tight, which I will improve in the next update, but the rest is correct.

About the yellow lines to enter the platform, you are right, they are a little separated from the center line of the runway, I will try to bring them closer in the next update, but in real life they are not totally centered.

Thanks again for your help.

Please login to display this image.

Hi,

many thanks for your response. Yes, looking at the comparison pictures I think you've modeled the taxilines on the turnpad according to the real ones which leaves me wondering why the painted them so close to the runway edge that when you follow with the nosegear the main tires would certainly be in danger of leaving the paved surface or at least overrunning the edge lights. So thanks for recognising the other issues, leave the lines on the turnpad as they are and I'm looking forward to any updates you intend to release. Great work and great service, thank you!

• Developer
On 1/25/2021 at 4:13 PM, Tom_L said:

Hi,

many thanks for your response. Yes, looking at the comparison pictures I think you've modeled the taxilines on the turnpad according to the real ones which leaves me wondering why the painted them so close to the runway edge that when you follow with the nosegear the main tires would certainly be in danger of leaving the paved surface or at least overrunning the edge lights. So thanks for recognising the other issues, leave the lines on the turnpad as they are and I'm looking forward to any updates you intend to release. Great work and great service, thank you!

Preparing the next update.

In this opportunity we bring you:
* New Taxi Lines.
* Custom Taxi Lights.
*Acoruña Hospital with its Heliport.
* New buildings of the Maritime Port

• 4 weeks later...
On 27.1.2021 at 23:59, TDM Scenery Design sagte:

Preparing the next update.

Hi, I'm a bit late to the party but finally I made it to ver 1.03 a few days ago - LECO is in fact one of my favourite airports. However, I noticed that I've flown there exclusively at daytime so I only noticed after this review from MrFilbert that now the taxilights are very dim at night - you can barely see one or two of them in front of the plane while taxiing. No issue for daylight operation, but the lighting needs another - small -fix I guess.

• Developer
8 hours ago, Tom_L said:

Hi, I'm a bit late to the party but finally I made it to ver 1.03 a few days ago - LECO is in fact one of my favourite airports. However, I noticed that I've flown there exclusively at daytime so I only noticed after this review from MrFilbert that now the taxilights are very dim at night - you can barely see one or two of them in front of the plane while taxiing. No issue for daylight operation, but the lighting needs another - small -fix I guess.

hello, thanks for the advice, I will take it into account for the next update.

Archived