AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS_V2100 install problem

Hello,

Got error on install. MSFS steam version and is installed another user not admin.

Any help?

juha

Please login to display this image.

Just a note to those installing version 2 of Honeycomb driver. I installed it two days go and immediately had three CTDs within the hour, I never had any in the previous eighty hours with version 1. Version 2 correctly deletes version 1 so I was left trying to find a copy of version 1. I deleted version 2 and all was good again. I checked back to my downloads found version 1 reloaded it and it was good again, so please make sure you have access to version 1 before installing version 2 just in case.

• Aerosoft
On 24.1.2021 at 17:12, JuhaH sagte:

Hello,

Got error on install. MSFS steam version and is installed another user not admin.

Any help?

juha

Hi Juha,

please make sure that you are installing the application for the same windows user that you also installed MSFS with. It looks like you are logged in as admin now, but if that is not where MSFS was installed it will most certainly cause problems.

15 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi Juha,

please make sure that you are installing the application for the same windows user that you also installed MSFS with. It looks like you are logged in as admin now, but if that is not where MSFS was installed it will most certainly cause problems.

Hi,

I tried that also admin user, same result.

juha

• Aerosoft

Hi Juha,

let me clarify: for me, it looks like you didn't install MSFS as admin but as another user and now you are trying to install the LED application as admin user. Which will fail as that is not where the MSFS configuration files are supposed to be. So: please login as the same user that you installed MSFS for and you should be good to go.

4 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Hi Juha,

let me clarify: for me, it looks like you didn't install MSFS as admin but as another user and now you are trying to install the LED application as admin user. Which will fail as that is not where the MSFS configuration files are supposed to be. So: please login as the same user that you installed MSFS for and you should be good to go.

Hi,

I am login that same user where msfs are installed, see first post. Thats the result.

juha

• Aerosoft

Juha,

please try this custom installer that is specifically taylored to your problem. See if you can get it to install like that but please also be aware that the underlying issue is actually somewhere in your registry where some wrong data seems to be stored.

Yes this working.

----

DLC-Content-Path:
    I:\MSFS2020\community\
Used MSFS version:
    STEAM
EXE.xml Path:
    C:\Users\internet\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\
-------------------------
AS-Updater:
    C:\Users\admin\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater
    as_honeycomb_msfs.xml

---

Many thx, juha

• Aerosoft

Glad we got it solved, Juha. Have fun with your Bravo!

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived