New Honeycomb Drivers Problems

Firstly, I am no computer whiz kid..apologies. I am on the wrong side of 60.

I have tried watching the training videos on You Tube...but can't seem to follow the instructions.

I have downloaded and installed the Seminole Yoke Profile.

I wish to change one of the Yoke key strokes, it is the white button on the left side of the yoke, to do NOTHING...as I want to reconfigure it to act as my centre key when using TrackiR5.

Could someone kindly explain the procedure of deleting a button function, to do nothing?

I found the original driver for the yoke so much easier to use and understand, but am lost in regard to this new driver.....just me getting old I guess.

Cheers

Phil

• Aerosoft

Hi Phil,

just load the Yoke Profile that you want to change in the ConfigTool and select the button that you want to delete. On the right hand side open up the "Press-Event" with its "Variables". Once you hover over a Variable there, a small trashbin icon appears. Click and confirm that you want to delete the variable. Last thing is to "Apply Changes" and you should be good to go:

Please login to display this image.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for tip Ben, appreciate your response.

I have deleted the left white button function successfully, thank you.

However...on trying exactly the same technique, as per your instructions,  on the right white button, (Flaps Decrease), plus a few of the other buttons and switches, the default function will not delete.?

I have no idea why the deletion method worked on the left button, but does not work on any other button..I am obviously doing something wrong...but after tearing out my limited hair, I had to walk away.

I also noticed that the original function title of the left white button, ie "Flaps Increase" remains in the drop down boxes...shouldn't this just be a blank now that the default function has been deleted?

Cheers and thanks in advance

Phil

Hi Ben,

Think I found out what I was doing wrong....I had to do configuration when P3D was CLOSED.....so far so good..

But the original default function titles still appear in  in the drop boxes....?

But at least now I can set my config up as I wish

Cheers and thanks again

Phil

• Aerosoft

Hi Phil,

really glad you got it solved! 

Think I found out what I was doing wrong....I had to do configuration when P3D was CLOSED.....so far so good..

Actually, what you have to do if you want to keep the sim running after "Apply Changes" in the ConfigTool, is to open up the Honeycomb menu under "Add-Ons" in sim. There select "Reload Bindings" for the device that you have just changed. We are looking into how to make this easier, but currently it works that way.

But the original default function titles still appear in  in the drop boxes....?

Yes: the naming of the buttons is fixed and does not change depending on your assignments. As the ConfigTool simply would not know how to name a button based on your possible multiple and complex assignments.

Archived