FULL LEFT aileron increases engine speed.

simmyjiff

Hello Everybody, 

I seem to have a controller conflict between an Axis and Key Assignments causing engine speeds to increase rapidly from N1 19.1% to N1 37.2%. I'm flying a Frankfurt to Heathrow flight plan in a AS A319, (P3Dv4), using normal procedures. There was a good start to both engines, satisfactorily achieving 19.1% N1, However when applying FULL LEFT in the After Start flight control test, N1 rose to 37.2%?

I wish I could relate this to a particular cause but regrettably I can't.

Any help would be appreciated, copes of the screen print are attached showing both events.

Thanks

Jim

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Hi masterhawk,m Yeah done that. Keyboard Assignments: Nothing against Increase throttle (F3 and NUM9), No Aileron bindings either.

Axis Assignments: Engine 1 Throttle Axis Z Axis, Engine 2 Throttle Axis Rx Axis.

Calibration settings to Default.

Isn't it strange that N1% increases to a certain number? could it be anything in the Registry?

Tahnks

Hi Guys, and thanks for your comments. Yes Dave, I think you're right, when this problem first started earlier this week, I trolled the Web a found a couple of articles on the same subject and yes, they were years old, I'll try and find them again. In the meantime, I've started testing on other aircraft, and it appears the problem only exists with buses with CFM engines, IAE engines appear normal, interesting? from what I recall of that earlier post this seems to be replicating that problem.#

I  will however carry on through today and check on other aircraft types and come back to you tomorrow, for information I have tested the A2A Cessna 172, and that looks fine! Dave, I would be obliged if you could rack your brain again about that article for me, it may have the answer?

Jim

26 minutes ago, simmyjiff said:

Hi Guys, and thanks for your comments. Yes Dave, I think you're right, when this problem first started earlier this week, I trolled the Web a found a couple of articles on the same subject and yes, they were years old, I'll try and find them again. In the meantime, I've started testing on other aircraft, and it appears the problem only exists with buses with CFM engines, IAE engines appear normal, interesting? from what I recall of that earlier post this seems to be replicating that problem.#

I  will however carry on through today and check on other aircraft types and come back to you tomorrow, for information I have tested the A2A Cessna 172, and that looks fine! Dave, I would be obliged if you could rack your brain again about that article for me, it may have the answer?

Jim

Btw, The A320 Family Professional Bundle, is a new reinstall

Okay, Out of 8 Air Buses, 4 had the problem, (those with CFM Engines) the remaining 4 worked okay, (these had the IAE engines)

Other Aircraft tested, A2A 172 Cessna by Carenado, A  5252CJ also By Carenado and the EMB505 Phenom, all worked satisfactorily.

Thanks for your help

Jim

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, simmyjiff said:

???

Maybe time to make a complete fresh install of your Sim, the Bus and maybe even Windows?

Nobody else is experiencing your problem, nobody can recreate it, so it is quite obvious that something is broken in your setup.

Where is your P3D installed?

Where is the Bus installed?

On 1/24/2021 at 2:08 PM, mopperle said:

Maybe time to make a complete fresh install of your Sim, the Bus and maybe even Windows?

Nobody else is experiencing your problem, nobody can recreate it, so it is quite obvious that something is broken in your setup.

Where is your P3D installed?

Where is the Bus installed?

Wow! That seems a drastic move but Ok, and thanks for your comment

Installation:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

C:\Users\Jim Smith\Documents\Aerosoft      Carried out a fresh install of the Bus last Monday (18th Jan 2021)

For information I am flying the flying the planes with the IAE engines with no problems. l.. very odd 

Thanks

Jim

• Deputy Sheriffs

Regarding the installation of P3D and its addons the following is recommended:
- P3D: never install it under C:/program files; this folder is for security reasons treated specially by Windows and sometimes other apps can not write to this folder. Simply install it to something like C:/P3D

- Addons: Those addons following P3D guidelines and allowing you to choose any installation directory should be installed to something like C:/P3D Addons; do NOT install them into the P3D folder and also not in the documents folder (other then required by the installer).

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived