FSUIPC6 and a flight panel.

neilh1983

Hey,

With the help of some on here and a bit of reading, I was able to identify the LVars I wanted to program a 6 button panel. The buttons are AP1, AP2, LOC, LS, APPR and A/THR.

All buttons work except a strange thing happens with AP1 and AP2.

I press AP1 and AP1 engages. If, on approach, I press AP2, it does not engage. It appears for a millisecond then disengages.

If I activate AP2 with AP1 off, AP2 is fine. But, if I then press AP1, AP2 disengages and AP1 engages.

Each button is a separate macro and they are programmed as such;

[Macros]

1=L:AB_AP_AP1=Set

[Macros]

1=L:AB_AP_AP2=Set

This obviously works if I do not use the panel so I know it is likely my poor FSUIPC6/LVars knowledge.

Am I missing something which is why both AP's will not engage at the same time.

Thanks

An update to this. I changed the position on the board that the physical button connected to the control board and it made no difference.

I flew LICJ to LICD last night and engaged AP2 during flight. It disengaged immediately and an overspeed warning (with alarm) was displayed on PFD and EICAS. I had to disengage AP1 and then engage it again for normal flight to resume.

Archived