CRJ Prof. P3Dv5 Stutters & Performance

Investigating the issue in P3D v5, I discovered something that surprised me and at least explains the stuttering. Normally and for any other complex or simple aircraft I see one core of my CPU constantly at 100% and the others fluctuating.

With the CRJ Pro however I see this

- With Hyperthreading on (my default setting) all 8 cores / 16 threads are fluctuating wildly, but not a single core is permanently at 100%. FPS in this situation fluctuate wildly as well.

- With Hypterthreading off (for testing) I see one core permanently at 100% and the other 7 more or less loaded. This is what I expect. I attach a screenshot of this scenario, stuttering is much improved then and, performance-wise, the CRJ compares more or less to other complex aircraft when HT is off.

Is there an issue with load distribution under Hyperthreading that prevents full utilization of the main core?

I have to mention that even with HT on and other complex aircraft, one core is usually constantly at 100%.

As already said, this stuttering is not the case in MSFS with HT on or off, thus it seems to be P3D specific.

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the 2020 update was released I hope effort is going into the P3D version to resolve this problem. It was going strong and then got quite. 

• 2 weeks later...

i install this ac again after i seen the update was released hoping that the stutters would be resolved , but unfortunately not

Wat a waiste ,MSFS 2020 no thanx.

goodbye 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

I am sorry but no.  P3D V5 remain a fickle beast at this moment. And while the Lockheed team was very supportive before it is very hard to get any assistance at this moment.  So unless we can recreate the issues on our own test machines (those are very clean, updated OS, updated sim and the add-on) not a lot will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I could eliminate all stutters by switching off the EFB.  Heavy stutters occur when turning on the ground and EFB is on the charts page. Driving straight forward does not have any impact.

If the EFB is off everything runs smooth. Also with the test DLL the issue remains.

Hans has mentioned the refresh rate of the displays as possible cause - did that include the EFB?

Regards,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so thats it? we cant be left holding the bag on this. i dont see how this is a p3d issue when all other dev aircraft(including your airbus pro with efb) run fine for everyone in v5, but the crj. hopefully this still gets looked at by you guys

I made the switch from 4.5 to 5.1 this week with everything refreshed incl. Windows to latest verison.

I just can talk from my experience.

With the latest updates I have the "turning stutters" only if the EFB is turned on.

BR

Bernd

i will say i tested before the update, and it is a slight difference for the better. there is as everyone has said that the turning on the ground stutters are still present. i have noticed that even with efb off after all displays are on the stutters still exist, but cold and dark as others have said its perfect. i think the only time efb is causing troubles is with the initial splash screen on boot up.

17 hours ago, HATCHETT C182 said:

i will say i tested before the update, and it is a slight difference for the better. there is as everyone has said that the turning on the ground stutters are still present. i have noticed that even with efb off after all displays are on the stutters still exist, but cold and dark as others have said its perfect. i think the only time efb is causing troubles is with the initial splash screen on boot up.

Basically this is something that we have to live with so probably better to deal with it move on, just saying 😃👍🏻

On 6/6/2021 at 5:10 AM, Navigation said:

Basically this is something that we have to live with so probably better to deal with it move on, just saying 😃👍🏻

Unfortunately you may be right. I just dont understand how hard it is to just fix the refresh of the displays in which would fix the stutters on the ground. As im typing this, i just realized i Own the crj x version and it works fine in p3d minus som dynamic lighting and pbr. I might be able to swap panel files to fix my issue. I will experiment and check back. Should at least work for the 700/900

Did reinstall 2.2.0 and stutters all gone. It may not be the perfect airplane now, but that was never the goal of a CRJ. It requires that you always keep an eye on it and don't think it's a fully automatic takeoff-landing aircraft.

Regards

Michael

1 hour ago, mm2202 said:

Did reinstall 2.2.0 and stutters all gone. It may not be the perfect airplane now, but that was never the goal of a CRJ. It requires that you always keep an eye on it and don't think it's a fully automatic takeoff-landing aircraft.

Regards

Michael

sorry to ask a simple question, but you tested taxi- around with displays and efb on without any stutter?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived