CRJ Prof. P3Dv5 Stutters & Performance

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer

If you use a nvidida graphics card, there's a function to capture videos in Geforce Experience.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

This is very simple and saves the video in a format that you can just upload to Youtube without any further hassle.

Hi Hans,

first of all congratulations on the MSFS release! 

Now for P3D: Generally speaking I can definitely notice an improvement with the new DLL. P3D average FPS and fluctuation have gone from 20% way down to 3-5% using the scenario seen in my video. Running the sim with unlimited FPS makes it quite enjoyable now. However, there are still noticeable stutters when using a frame limiter (as observed previously by Pete). These seem to be to high in frequency to be catched by a video recording or the P3D FPS counter, that's why I've made another video using the Reshade graph to track those fluctuations. I've also added a comparison to what the graph looks like on all other addon aircraft using the NGXU. Unfortunately I have to close the window for a brief moment to interact with the VC, but I think it's still quite noticeable what I'm trying to depict.

So I'd say stutters without limiter are almost eliminated, stutters with limiter got better, but are still there.

Another issue that I don't think is directly connected with the general constant stutters is the also previously mentioned effect of bigger lagspikes when turning the aircraft (especially on ground when doing tight turns, the faster you turn, the more intense the spikes get). But one thing at a time. :)

Thanks for the improvement, maybe you can pull another rabbit out of the hat. :) 

Kind regards

Johannes

• Developer

OK, but I see the graph. But I don't see any problem. Framerate is fine with little variation. The the framerate limiter actually causes more than just limiting the framerate is nothing new.

What is this program that you use to get that graph display? I'm wondering how it gets this data, because the Visual Studio profiler and CPU/GPU graphs don't show them.

My stutters are still more pronounced than Johannes’, but it looks like his video card is a monster 😜 

I just tried another test flight, and it’s still choppy when panning. Additionally, I flew into LOWS and my frames dipped to 13-14, which I’ve never seen at that airport in any weather. 

Cheers,

Pete

Just curious...is anyone else still seeing the large "click spot" in the pilot's windscreen? It's still there with the new dll. I don't know what it does...it's still causing me stutters if I'm zooming within the cockpit with the mouse cursor in that click spot.

Thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, rmeier said:

Just curious...is anyone else still seeing the large "click spot" in the pilot's windscreen? It's still there with the new dll. I don't know what it does...it's still causing me stutters if I'm zooming within the cockpit with the mouse cursor in that click spot.

Thanks in advance!

I believe that has always been there, likely something to do with the CRJ’s HUD. I temporarily disabled the hud gauge and the clickspot disappears, albeit at the cost of not having a hud. Didn’t really make a difference in performance though on my pc.

Hans,

Did you per chance reduce the PFD refresh rate? If so, I think it helped. Could you reduce refresh rates on other instruments (I’d really love that as an option 😎)?

Last night, I edited the panel.cfg to exclude the hud and trueglass gauges, and that helped too. I still only get somewhat satisfying performance incl. my tweaks when FPS are unlimited. 

Cheers,

Pete

Hans,

I can confirm that I noticed an improvement with the new .DLL (P3DV5.1). Will do some further testing to make sure improvement is across the board and in with various sceneries and report.

Regards,

Christian C./

Specs: i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, NVidia RTX2080Ti

Ok so I just tested the new DLL’s and the CFG tweaks and there is definitely an improvement in the stutters. By the way I just have one question, will those CFG tweaks affect anything else in my sim or is it OK to leave them there permanently thanks 

7 hours ago, Navigation said:

Ok so I just tested the new DLL’s and the CFG tweaks and there is definitely an improvement in the stutters. By the way I just have one question, will those CFG tweaks affect anything else in my sim or is it OK to leave them there permanently thanks 

Which cfg tweaks in particular? If you just changed the panel.cfg like I did, then it will only affect the CRJ line. 

35 minutes ago, PeterZ KCLE EDDN said:

Which cfg tweaks in particular? If you just changed the panel.cfg like I did, then it will only affect the CRJ line. 

Yes but Hans says to edit the the P3D CFG under textinfo 3 in his post. But anyway seems a lot better. I didn’t edit the panel CFG I just did the P3D cfg tweaks 

Normally I use VRR and leave my monitor at 144hz in p3dv5. Would it be better to drop to 60hz and use RTSS to steady the frame rate? I find the sim to be much smoother with uncapping the frame rate, but I feel like in this case that might not be the best thing, correct? I am talking specifically about when flying the CRJ.

9 hours ago, sho69607 said:

Normally I use VRR and leave my monitor at 144hz in p3dv5. Would it be better to drop to 60hz and use RTSS to steady the frame rate? I find the sim to be much smoother with uncapping the frame rate, but I feel like in this case that might not be the best thing, correct? I am talking specifically about when flying the CRJ.

I lock mine at 58hz in Nvidia Control Panel I find that smoother then unlimited with no frame cap. 

I can also confirm that the new DLL file does help a bit but there is still stuttering. When I disable the panels from the options the stuttering is gone. I don't see any difference with the EFB started or stopped.

It woul be awesome if Hans could provide one new dll where all displays have a reduced refresh rate. I believe the current beta module only affects the PFD. Of course I could be wrong, I’m not a coder, so please help us Obi Hans Kenobi, you’re our only hope 😎👍

Cheers,

Pete

On 3/20/2021 at 2:47 PM, ondbit said:

Hello everyone,
I have the same Stutters problem, and found that the Stutters is accentuated when the EFB is started.

https://youtu.be/Laaxa-uVxyQ

AMD Ryzen 3900x

AMD Radeon RX 5700XT

MSI MPG 570X gaming edge wifi

32 GB ram

I agree. The efb tanks frame rates.  Turn it off and rates are much improved.  I downloaded used the dll offered and the suggested p3d.config edits but noticed no improvements.  Shutting down the efb restored the frames immediately.

I seriously hope that this thread is not dead and we will get a new dll or some other type of update from Hans. I have been struggling with this stuttering to the point that I actually never completed a single full flight with the CRJ. As the flight progresses it gets more and more, and it is not enjoyable. I am so happy to see that people are bring this issue up. Fixing it would be amazing.

I am having the same issue right from the beginning with this aircraft. The new dll did not help, I still experience bad stuttering in each phase of the flight in which the aircraft is moving (stopped at the gate it's in fact OK, even with all displays on!). General performance would be very nice, but I am getting constant frame fluctuations between 20 and 60 which is more than annoying. The stutters are clearly noticable even in outside view, so there is seriously something wrong. I have recently switched from i5-6600K to an i7-10700K typically running at 4.7 Ghz with 32 GB Ram, which is surely enough for any other complex aircraft I am using in P3D. The CRJ Pro behaved in this way on my old and new machine. I would really like to see a fix to be able to finally use this aircraft in the way I expected it when I purchased it.

Maybe it is helpful to mention that this suttering bug does not occur in the CRJ for the new MSFS. Performance in the new sim is generally poor, but the CRJ performs equally or even slightly better than the default airliners.

Archived