Honeycomb Bravo Throttle with PMDG profile, FSUIPC and Linda combination problem

Hi,

I am facing a problem with the Honeycomb Configurator. I have followed everything in this thread

I Activate PMDG in the configurator, load a bravo throttle profile for the PMDG NGXu, and Activate current profile, then start P3D 5.1, I go to Add-Ons -> Honeycomb -> AFC_Yoke - Reload Bindings and I do see the NGXu profile active. However, not a single button works on the brav. Also, the LED lights are not working.

I am trying to achieve this combination with Axis configured in FSUIPC, some custom buttons and functions in LINDA, and I ONLY want to get the Autopilot controls working through the HoneyComb configuration along with the LED lights. 

Please note my P3D controllers are all DISABLED as I use only FSUIPC and LINDA as stated above. My ALPHA flight controls are all assigned in FSUIPC as well and I am happy with that. I am only interested in the Bravo throttle.

Can some one help me out here? How is it possible that not a single button works with an active NGXu profile through the configurator? I was expecting some button mixup or something... but nothing.

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi Sunny,

I go to Add-Ons -> Honeycomb -> AFC_Yoke - Reload Bindings and I do see the NGXu profile active. 

if you want to use the profile for the Bravo, you should also load the profile for the Bravo in sim via BFC_Throttle - Reload Bindings. Also make sure that you are loading the PMDG Bravo Profile, not the Alpha one, in the ConfigTool. 

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your help. That might have been the problem in first place. So to be sure I need to activate not only PMDG NGXu profile but also BFC Throttle which comes be default with the configurator?

One more thing. Can you possibly suggest what would be the easiest way to setup the bravo throttle only for the autopilot control and LED lights as I stated in my first post? I understand there will be a huge mix up of controls if the Bravo actually starts working correct?

• Aerosoft

Sunny:

you need to download, import and activate the profile for the Bravo that you get from here in the ConfigTool. Not the default one! You can as well alter that profile to your liking by deleting the functionality that you do not want with the ConfigTool. If you have correctly activated that Bravo PMDG profile, it will also be loaded up, once you start the sim.

Ben,

I am sorry but I got a bit confused now. The profile for the NGXu with the link you posted is the one that I've been activating but again nothing works.

In your post you said:

1 hour ago, BenBaron said:

if you want to use the profile for the Bravo, you should also load the profile for the Bravo in sim via BFC_Throttle - Reload Bindings. Also make sure that you are loading the PMDG Bravo Profile, not the Alpha one, in the ConfigTool. 

Do I understand correctly that there are two profiles that needs to be active?

Profile NGXu and Profile BFC_Throttle?

• Aerosoft

No problem, Sunny, we will get this sorted:

There is only one profile, that needs to get activated, which is the one for the Bravo. 

The profile for the NGXu with the link you posted is the one that I've been activating but again nothing works.

But like I understood you have activated a profile for the Alpha, not the Bravo? So make sure you are loading and activating that one Bravo profile via the ConfigTool.

Also make sure that from the ConfigTool you have activated the PMDG support via Actions -> Activate PMDG. Otherwise the profile won't work.

Ben, thanks for clearing this out.

3 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

But like I understood you have activated a profile for the Alpha, not the Bravo? So make sure you are loading and activating that one Bravo profile via the ConfigTool.

I am sorry if I confused you with the alpha. I am almost certain that I have activated the profile the PMDG NGXu for the Bravo. This is why I cannot understand what is going on. I think I am doing everything as per instructions. I will try again from scratch and let you know shortly.

• Aerosoft

If it still does not work Sunny, please attach the file "add-ons.cfg" from "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" to this thread so I can take a look at it.

Hi Ben,

I did everything from scratch.

I am 100% that I am working with the Bravo in the configurator.

I have ACTIVATED PMDG.

I have imported and loaded the profile for the NGXu

Loaded up the SIM. 

I went to Add-ons -> Honeycomb -> BGC_Throttle - ReLoad Bindings. I see 67 text in the green line 67 bindings successful for the NGXu

In the cockpit of the NGXu, the only thing I noticed working from the NGXU profile is the Trim Wheel, which BTW I have NOT assigned neither in FSUIPC or LINDA. Another words the trim wheel buttons are available and working with the honeycomb Bravo NGXu profile, I think!

All my FSUIPC assignments work correctly. All my LINDA assignments work correctly.

The LED lights are NOT working.

I have also attached the ad-ons.cfg as you requested. Something is up here and I hope we can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

add-ons.cfg

Ben,

this got it working. I now have huge mixup of buttons and also the LED lights are ON which is the expected behavior. Thank you!

Can you maybe clarify what was wrong in case it happens again to know how to fix?

Do I understand correctly that now I have to go to the configurator and find the button that I want to delete then delete the variable and save in order to remove the buttons that I don't want?

Many thanks

• Aerosoft

Nice Sunny,

Can you maybe clarify what was wrong in case it happens again to know how to fix?

there might be something going wrong when you activate/deactivate PMDG support from the ConfigTool which can cause the add-ons.cfg to become incorrectly formated. But we are still investigating this. When you check your old add-ons.cfg, you see it has two "Package.0" entries...this stops the PMDG from working with the profiles.

Do I understand correctly that now I have to go to the configurator and find the button that I want to delete then delete the variable and save in order to remove the buttons that I don't want?

Exactly...you remove everything you don't want, then you click on "Apply Changes" while "Activate profile on save" is selected. In sim simply also reload bindings for the Bravo and this should get you going.

43 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

here might be something going wrong when you activate/deactivate PMDG support from the ConfigTool which can cause the add-ons.cfg to become incorrectly formated. But we are still investigating this. When you check your old add-ons.cfg, you see it has two "Package.0" entries...this stops the PMDG from working with the profiles.

Good to know. Thanks for the info. I will give try to remove what I don't need and see how it goes.

Thanks for your great help.

Archived