AFC Bridge SimConnect failed to CallDispatch

Hello i just got my bravo . Downloaded the driver from your site installed it start up sim and led are on but my sim crashes . I tried 4 times and i get this error . Please see attachment . Is there a fix for this.  

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

just to be sure: the sim is crashing and afterwards you are seeing this message? As this would be normal: when the sim is crashing, we are not getting a formal notification that it is shutting down and thus cannot react accordingly, resulting in the error you are seeing. The driver itself cannot crash the sim, as it is running outside of it.

Please attach a screenshot of EventViewer, when such a crash has happened.

getting a CTD then exactly the same error message using my Bravo.......strangely it only happens everytime I try to start a flight using the 747 and it happens even when I do not have the Bravo connected! (all other aircraft and their LED's work with the exception of the 747!)

any idea how to solve this? (using the steam version of MSFS)

• Aerosoft
On 3.1.2021 at 01:39, mac22 sagte:

getting a CTD then exactly the same error message using my Bravo.......strangely it only happens everytime I try to start a flight using the 747 and it happens even when I do not have the Bravo connected! (all other aircraft and their LED's work with the exception of the 747!)

any idea how to solve this? (using the steam version of MSFS)

Hi,

the same for you: please attach a screenshot of EventViewer after a crash has happened, so we can see what is going on.

7 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi,

the same for you: please attach a screenshot of EventViewer after a crash has happened, so we can see what is going on.

Ben Thanks - getting exactly the error message as OP above - note there are also many people on the MSFS forums getting a similar CTD but not always with the 747!

Happy to provide an event viewer screenshot - but where can I find this file?

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Here you find information on how to start EventViewer. Please open this up after you have encountered an unexpected shutdown of the simulator.

Please login to display this image.

Make sure you are selecting the "Window Logs->Applications" view, just like the one you are seeing in my shot.

Thanks for also pointing out the MSFS forum to me. Until now the information I got there confirms my believe that it is actually not the LED driver application that is causing the shutdown but it is mereley reacting to it, as it is intended to happen.

Also the fact that it happens, even though you do not have the Bravo connected points into that direction.

Thanks for the reply.

Will try to capture the eventviewer next time I get a CTD - although not convinced this is going to help.

I am still convinced the "bridge" software has something to do with the issues. 

Note the last update for MSFS was just before Christmas (for VR) and after that had no issues with either the 747 or CTD's - then since my Bravo arrived and I installed 

the "bridge" software (around a week ago) I started getting these CTD's that reference the "bridge" software as well as other controller profile errors in game that also reference the "bridge" software but that don't seem to crash the game - unfortunately its just to much of a coincidence to discount the "bridge".

Also not an expert on how MSFS works but I believe the community folder (where the "bridge" sits) is regularly scanned/referenced by the sim so maybe its not a surprise that that sim gives a CTD even with the Bravo disconnected as the software remains installed.

I've never experienced this CTD error before today but just received my Bravo Quadrant, installed the AFC Bridge driver and got the exact error/CTD that is described here. Went searching online for help and came across numerous posts, including this one. There has to be something happening related to the AFC Bridge.

For reference, the last CTD and SimConnect error message occurred while parked in the Beachcraft Barron.

I can try and follow the directions for Eventviewer but is it not possible [and maybe easier] what with so many claimed occurrences online of this error, for someone at Aerosoft to plug in a Bravo, run the sim and experience what's happening firsthand? Most CTD's are within 30 mins.    

• Aerosoft

Guys:

On 6.1.2021 at 01:53, mac22 sagte:

I am still convinced the "bridge" software has something to do with the issues. 

Note the last update for MSFS was just before Christmas (for VR) and after that had no issues with either the 747 or CTD's - then since my Bravo arrived and I installed 

the "bridge" software (around a week ago) I started getting these CTD's that reference the "bridge" software as well as other controller profile errors in game that also reference the "bridge" software but that don't seem to crash the game - unfortunately its just to much of a coincidence to discount the "bridge".

Also not an expert on how MSFS works but I believe the community folder (where the "bridge" sits) is regularly scanned/referenced by the sim so maybe its not a surprise that that sim gives a CTD even with the Bravo disconnected as the software remains installed.

The message you are seeing is simply the bridge telling you, that the simulator has closed unexpectedly. That message does not indicate a causal relationship to the shutdown, but it is merely the only indication you are getting that there was a problem in the sim somewhere and as a result of that the bridge cannot communicate with the sim anymore. Also, there is very limited possiblity that the bridge can be referenced by a controller profile error of the game itself, as they are completely independent from each other. Please attach a screenshot of that, if it shows up.

Again: I am not discounting that there might be a problem somewhere, just that until now I am not seeing some conclusive evidence.

vor 3 Stunden , AHewat sagte:

I've never experienced this CTD error before today but just received my Bravo Quadrant, installed the AFC Bridge driver and got the exact error/CTD that is described here. Went searching online for help and came across numerous posts, including this one. There has to be something happening related to the AFC Bridge.

For reference, the last CTD and SimConnect error message occurred while parked in the Beachcraft Barron.

I can try and follow the directions for Eventviewer but is it not possible [and maybe easier] what with so many claimed occurrences online of this error, for someone at Aerosoft to plug in a Bravo, run the sim and experience what's happening firsthand? Most CTD's are within 30 mins.    

Unfortunatley that thing is simply not so clear cut. 

What needs to happen is some methodical process to find out what the culprit might be. So looking at EventViewer once an unexpected shutdown of the simulator has occured is really the bare minimum if we want to get any further. Also, on our systems until now, simply no one has observed that problem.

On the MSFS forums e.g. one guy reported, that, once he basically had removed all other content from the Community folder, he didn't get crashes anymore. Also, the FBW Neo mod was mentioned in this regard. Another possible culprit might be VR in combination with certain add-ons.

To conclude: we are really willing to help and work with you by looking at all the evicence, but until now, we've simply not seen something conclusive.  

I dug up the Eventviewer log for the last crash and attached it below.

I'll also add that my community folder contains only the AFC Bridge Folder.  I will delete this folder and see if this makes the CTD's go away. If so this should also help diagnose I would think.

Appreciate that you want to help solve this. Thank you. 

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000839813
Faulting process id: 0x38d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e4b03508709e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 7bf7d45b-24c3-4bf1-82a1-05c7a8d8a437
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

One last add:

I don't have Navigraph

I don't use VR (Just TrackIR)

After installing the AFC Bridge Driver when I sometimes load a departure, during the loading screen a weird text box momentarily appears in the middle of the screen that mentions something similar to "AFC Bridge SimConnect - 28 buttons bound".  This also did not happen prior to using the Bravo/AFC Bridge - It doesn't crash the application. 

• Aerosoft

After installing the AFC Bridge Driver when I sometimes load a departure, during the loading screen a weird text box momentarily appears in the middle of the screen that mentions something similar to "AFC Bridge SimConnect - 28 buttons bound".  This also did not happen prior to using the Bravo/AFC Bridge - It doesn't crash the application. 

That is normal, as everytime the simulator signals an aircraft change, the used profile gets loaded.

vor 19 Minuten, AHewat sagte:

I dug up the Eventviewer log for the last crash and attached it below.

I'll also add that my community folder contains only the AFC Bridge Folder.  I will delete this folder and see if this makes the CTD's go away. If so this should also help diagnose I would think.

Appreciate that you want to help solve this. Thank you. 

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000839813
Faulting process id: 0x38d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e4b03508709e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 7bf7d45b-24c3-4bf1-82a1-05c7a8d8a437
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Yes, please try by process of elimination. Also see if it still happens, if you ONLY have the AFC Bridge Folder in your community folder and nothing else. Your EventViewer shows, that it is not AFCBridge.exe that is stopping unexpectedly but, for some reason, your simulator.

I can confirm;

- With only the AFC Bridge folder in the community folder - Repeated CTD.  For me the Sim will suddenly hang then CTD (after ~15-20mins) and then the above mentioned AFC Bridge error dialog appears on the desktop

- After deleting the AFC Bridge folder (so nothing in Community folder) - No further CTD.

I understand that the AFC Bridge error is an effect of the sim crashing and doesn't mean it's the cause, but there is no doubt on my end that it is tied to the cause for MSFS crashing, somehow.

Eventview logs all still indicate that FlightSimulator.exe is the fault, but in my opinion, something in the AFC Bridge driver is causing this.

Before the AFC Bridge driver install, zero CTD - After AFC Bridge, repeated CTD - After deleting AFC Bridge, zero CTD.

I have no add-on scenery and do not use VR (which has been indicated as a potential cause).

• Aerosoft
vor 7 Stunden , AHewat sagte:

I can confirm;

- With only the AFC Bridge folder in the community folder - Repeated CTD.  For me the Sim will suddenly hang then CTD (after ~15-20mins) and then the above mentioned AFC Bridge error dialog appears on the desktop

- After deleting the AFC Bridge folder (so nothing in Community folder) - No further CTD.

I understand that the AFC Bridge error is an effect of the sim crashing and doesn't mean it's the cause, but there is no doubt on my end that it is tied to the cause for MSFS crashing, somehow.

Eventview logs all still indicate that FlightSimulator.exe is the fault, but in my opinion, something in the AFC Bridge driver is causing this.

Before the AFC Bridge driver install, zero CTD - After AFC Bridge, repeated CTD - After deleting AFC Bridge, zero CTD.

I have no add-on scenery and do not use VR (which has been indicated as a potential cause).

Thanks for your report:

but until the unexpected shutdown the LEDs do work for you?

• Aerosoft
On 10.1.2021 at 01:11, AHewat sagte:

LEDs Did work, yes

Thank you for the report,

you have a certain scenario for me to try and reproduce? Which airport and aircraft does this happen with? It always happens after 15 - 20 minutes?

For me at the end it was a departure northbound out of YVR, Beech Baron...

Within 15mins sim would suddenly lock up, followed by CTD then 1-2s later the AFC error dialog.

As it's been a few days and many hours in the sim since deleting AFC Bridge software, I can still confirm no further CTD.

One thought I had was whether or not the CTD affected Alpha/Bravo yoke owners exclusively or not. I know both the Bravo and Alpha have duplicate key mapping...

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

considering the current state of things and in order to try and track this error it is extremely critical we get a more or less consistent test protocol for everyone. Best would a situtation where one of you is seeing this unexpected simulator shutdown and is able to reproduce every time.

On 12.1.2021 at 04:23, AHewat sagte:

For me at the end it was a departure northbound out of YVR, Beech Baron...

Within 15mins sim would suddenly lock up, followed by CTD then 1-2s later the AFC error dialog.

What I have been doing now is clearing my Community Folder apart from AFC_Bridge, which I left in. Taking the Baron in weather preset "Few Clouds" I departed out of Vancouver YVRs runway 31 to immediately turn to heading 360 and climb to 13000ft. I am almost flying for an hour now and now problems so far.

This is just an example as to the level of detail we need regarding your flights if we want to get somewhere.

So I have the latest driver installed. LEDs seem to be working with every aircraft and the working title CJ4,  but it never works on the a32nx FBW Mod. I have their dev build from a week ago.

Is there a known issue between these two? 

• Aerosoft
Vor 1 Stunde, JEP795 sagte:

So I have the latest driver installed. LEDs seem to be working with every aircraft and the working title CJ4,  but it never works on the a32nx FBW Mod. I have their dev build from a week ago.

Is there a known issue between these two? 

Hi,

I guess they are simply not using the default variables like default aircraft do, but custom local ones. Right now, we cannot read those from the external driver.

I just completed the download to get the LED lights working on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. Now mid flight MSFS shuts down and I get a error that from AFC Bridge that says SimConnect failed to CallDispatch. Any idea how to fix this?

• Aerosoft
vor 32 Minuten, Jordon sagte:

I just completed the download to get the LED lights working on the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. Now mid flight MSFS shuts down and I get a error that from AFC Bridge that says SimConnect failed to CallDispatch. Any idea how to fix this?

Hi Jordon,

I've merged your thread with this one, as it is pertaining to the same issue. In order to track this down we need a structured approach. Which Addon-ons do you have in your community folder? Which plane did you fly, when this happened? How long have you been flying, when it happened? Can you recreate this behaviour?

Thanks Ben, 
I had it happen the last 3 flights all while on final for landing. The first was flying the 747 and the last 2 was while I was flying the Cessna Citation Longitude. All 3 occurred right after I just lowered the landing gear and the screen started to shake and freeze then went black nd MSFS closed with AFC Bridge error showing.

The only thing in my community folder is the AFC Bridge file. 

I am currently going to try other planes and see if I can recreate it

• Aerosoft

Thanks Jordon,

that would be nice. Please also try removing the AFC_bridge folder from your community folder and see if like this you can complete a flight that you otherwise could not. Also, are you flying in VR?

Archived