A320 is flying itself, doing loopings, Barrel rolls etc.

MaximNicolai

Good evening,

I hope I can get some help with this topic. I have the A320/21 professional (v1.3.1.0) for P3dv4. Since I started flying it, it has somewhat reacted erratic every now and then. For instance, the plane on approach all of a sudden banks full left, almost bringing it down. It takes seconds until it even reacts to a full right input. It feels like it is a 100KT gust hitting the plane. It isn't turbulence though (I have had it with AS on and off), it is as if the plane just gets displaced to the left. Turbulence feels "smooth", it takes a few moments until its in the bank. With this, the plane immediately is in the bank. This happens every 10 seconds on approach. Sometimes it ends up crashing into the ground, because it doesn't react to inputs at all, sometimes Im lucky. Its not just banking, it also does the same with pitch. The other day it did a full looping. Since I read in several posts, that the Airbus needs at least stable 18 frames, I have spent the last hours getting my frames up (although they were at around 20). They are now at around 30FPS. I have also reinstalled the Airbus.

I just took off again, the plane felt like it was crashing into the ground on takeoff, on liftoff it uncontrollably pitched up to 30 degrees, no reaction to sidestick input, then it pitched down, crashed into the ground. Joystick is calibrated and working. Since crash detection isn't on, I took of again, it did the same, just that it attempted a looping. It doesn't matter if it is manual flight or AP on, Trim is set correctly, but it acts so unreal that we can't talk about it being a flying mistake, it must be some sort of bug.

I would appreciate any help, Im out of ideas. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Here is a short video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQahtmNTe9M&feature=youtu.be

Something to add: I just went into the F/CTL page. Without touching the joystick, the Flight Controls constantly move from one extreme to another. Full left, right, up etc. It does it without "transitioning". It skips the "middle part" of the Flight Control deflection, it goes directly from left to right and up and down

Thank you for the comment! I checked, I only have my rudder pedals and the joystick connected. I don't have the same input twice on them.. When I look at the virtual sidesticks in P3d it also only shows the movement I command with the actual joystick. If I don't touch anything and let the Airbus fly, it also does what is seen in the video :/

Does this occur with any other aircraft?

Have you used any other software (FSUIPC or others) to map controllers?

If not, try moving the Prepar3d.cfg and "Standard.xml" files to your desktop and restart the sim.  The files will be rebuilt with the sim is started, then re-assign your controls and let us know if that makes any difference.

Archived