additional Twin Otter Liveries

EDOT-TH

Golden Knights version is working on its way. I've finished the tail section and am now working on the fuselage and wings.

Edit: I've got it mostly complete, just have to adjust the details, and make sure everything is all lined up correctly. Looks really nice. I've got it on the 300 para, but I'm gonna also put it on the 100 wheeled, just so it is "accurate."

What happened to the Golden Knights? Can it be found somewhere already? Thanks

What happened to the Golden Knights? Can it be found somewhere already? Thanks

I"ve got it finished for the most part, I'm still trying to get the lower rear fuselage lines to match up, and get the 100 nose looking right. Grad school has been keeping me really, and I just got a new pup. I can put up what I have this afternoon, but it is not a final repaint. I want to make sure it is perfect, when I get it up. And I've been flying too much, haha.

The 227 was used for the more productive routes, the 6 for more 'remote' bases with less passengers.

I was flying charters and instructing in Keene, NH, for awhile back then and they used the 227 from there to LaGuardia. When the loads looked really bad, sometimes their station manager would walk over to our desk and ask if we had the Seneca or Aztec available as he thought they "might" have a "mechanical". :rolleyes::D

Do hope somebody decides to do their Twin Otter. Saw them all the time up there.

cheers,

steve

I've finished the Golden Knights twotter. It is for the 300, and has some very minor details that I couldn't get exactly right. I've uploaded it to Avsim, so it should be there soon. Just look for Jeremy Brown. Here are some screen shots of it.

For some reason, the details don't look quite that clear from a distance, though once you get up to it, they look great.

gkotter4.jpg

gkotter3.jpg

gkotter5.jpg

I heared something through the grapewine, here's a small tease...can you guess who?

ANE_preview.jpg

1'st one to give the right answer will receive the paint for free.....and the rest of ya.....well, you can get it for free too ;)

I heared something through the grapewine, here's a small tease...can you guess who?

ANE_preview.jpg

1'st one to give the right answer will receive the paint for free.....and the rest of ya.....well, you can get it for free too ;)

I know somebody will be really happy when he sees this. :D Scarp can be like Santa Claus.

cheers,

steve :)

A quick question to those who know, what color was used on the "Air New England" font and the registration numbers?

I have only 4 pictures of the real plane, and they are all old and grainy, with a different hue to all of them, so my image referrences ranges from black, dark blue and light blue.

I found the original logo, and took the colors on the re-paint from it, so they better be as original as possible can be, but, IMO, when comparing with the picture, they seem a bit brighter, so the question is, is this correct. I also noticed the apparing "red" color (in the pictures), is a more "pink'ish" color on the origial logo.....is this correct?

If I could have it clarified quickly, I could finish off the paint.

ANE_preview3.jpg

Dont pay attention to the details, this is work in progress and when I get the colors right, weathering remains....and maybe some "beating up" although I hate mistreating a lady ;)

Wow, that is excellent! While the ANE Twin Otter I flew in as a passenger was back in the days when their livery was still green and blue, I did make a number of flights in their big planes which had this livery. I suspect the red was a color called Rhodamin which was quite popular at the time.

A quick question to those who know, what color was used on the "Air New England" font and the registration numbers?

I have only 4 pictures of the real plane, and they are all old and grainy, with a different hue to all of them, so my image referrences ranges from black, dark blue and light blue.

I found the original logo, and took the colors on the re-paint from it, so they better be as original as possible can be, but, IMO, when comparing with the picture, they seem a bit brighter, so the question is, is this correct. I also noticed the apparing "red" color (in the pictures), is a more "pink'ish" color on the origial logo.....is this correct?

If I could have it clarified quickly, I could finish off the paint.

ANE_preview3.jpg

Dont pay attention to the details, this is work in progress and when I get the colors right, weathering remains....and maybe some "beating up" although I hate mistreating a lady ;)

Thanks for taking over on this Scarp. I have just been too incapacitated these past couple of months. If you'd checked back and read my apologies way back when, I'd even have sent you the vector graphic logos to save you time. But hey, why bother, you've done a good job yourself!

Yep. that looks the job!

Thanks for taking over on this Scarp. I have just been too incapacitated these past couple of months. If you'd checked back and read my apologies way back when, I'd even have sent you the vector graphic logos to save you time. But hey, why bother, you've done a good job yourself!

Yep. that looks the job!

Oooops, didn't mean to steal anyone's thunder, y'know, having the attention span of a goldfish kinda helps when it comes to remembering things from the past...heh he, I dont even remember yesterday, Im in the eternal 'now' ;)

I just saw someone complaining that there was no US registered Twin Otters, so I just thought I'd lend a helping hand.

But, I have been "mistreated" by one of the avsim staff members, he rejects my uploads claiming lack of information with my files, but it is only one murderator who's got this problem, when he's not on duty, no problem, my files finds their way into the library as usual with "all their lack of info"....lol....but as soon as he's there....BANG...the upload is rejected...he he he...and my problem is that I dont know when he is on duty, and I've had 2-3 uploads by now which have been rejected (the Samoa paint apparently flew under his radar...ha ha ha) and frankly, I can be bothered to to play cat and mouse with this guy (I have a slow connection too).....so this 1 murderator has technically murdered me :(

So, I am presented with a problem.......the paint is finished and packed, ready to go...but I have no outlet, someone have a idea how to solve this?

WOO HOO!!! Thanks!! Looks like an early Xmas :-)

The only 'tweaks' I can see, based on a faulty memory:

N number should be black, and a 'heavier' font

The 'NewEnglang' part of AirNewEnglang should be black

There should be a 'fleet number' on the nose and above the flag on the tail.

Overall this is OUTSTANDING and thanks again!

"I feel your pain with Avsim, what about flightsim.com for hosting the file?"

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds/main/menuchoo.htm

Oooops, didn't mean to steal anyone's thunder, y'know, having the attention span of a goldfish kinda helps when it comes to remembering things from the past...heh he, I dont even remember yesterday, Im in the eternal 'now' ;)

I just saw someone complaining that there was no US registered Twin Otters, so I just thought I'd lend a helping hand.

But, I have been "mistreated" by one of the avsim staff members, he rejects my uploads claiming lack of information with my files, but it is only one murderator who's got this problem, when he's not on duty, no problem, my files finds their way into the library as usual with "all their lack of info"....lol....but as soon as he's there....BANG...the upload is rejected...he he he...and my problem is that I dont know when he is on duty, and I've had 2-3 uploads by now which have been rejected (the Samoa paint apparently flew under his radar...ha ha ha) and frankly, I can be bothered to to play cat and mouse with this guy (I have a slow connection too).....so this 1 murderator has technically murdered me :(

So, I am presented with a problem.......the paint is finished and packed, ready to go...but I have no outlet, someone have a idea how to solve this?

Maybe you could complain about that 'murderator' to avsim or your paints somewhere else. But personally I hate searching paints somewhere else than avsim :angry:

btw did you intentionally wrote 'murderator' :lol:

Allright PPS, you are the xpert here, so here are some detailed pictures of the "finished" craft as she is now. Good thing I didn't have an outlet then, otherwise I would have had to create a update...and I dont like that kinda stuff, better get it right the first time. :D

So, the first picture is of the tail, hopefully everything is in order here, one thing however, the fleet number, it is in the right location according to the pics of the real craft, but on Aerosoft's model, the "handles" are situated higher up than on the real craft, so this was a issue of I guess either artistic freedom, or my solution, put the numbers where they are supposed to be (I guess the numbers should be black as well), and then it is aerosofts "fault" that the handle are not where they should be....lol ;)

ANE_details_03.jpg

This is of the mid section with the current paint. I understood that the N numbers should be black, and the same goes for the "New England" part of the company name. If you look closely, the N number has allready been "fattened" compared to the first picture you commented, the question is, is it enough? It is 'close' to the original, perhaps a 'tad' thinner, but not much tho.

If it should be fatter, I will need to do this by hand (all of the craft minus the numbers are hand painted, this goes for all my paints....custom handpainted crap, and it takes time). :P

ANE_details_02.jpg

Just throwing in a pic of the nose area too, as you can see, the fleet number is in place allready

ANE_details_01.jpg

If I understood correctly, it is only the N numbers + the "New England" that is incorrect colorwise (hopefully) and then I have to create a new installer.....and it's time for rock'n'roll....well, when I find a place to upload. :(

As for the avsim issue, I like avsim too, and I have no bones to pick with the site, it is a great site, unfortunatly as in many cases, it is the few who funks up things for the many....as for flightsim.com, I dont know, I would have to look it up and see "what" and "how", but to be honest, I have like a gazillion things to do nowadays, and I am not interrested in creating new accounts and what not.........not to be difficult or anything, but I have hundreds of accounts on different sites, and I am cutting down on it, it is all a gracious mess at the moment, and to be honest, I think the avsim stunt has put me off the whole uploading scene. I might retire from public service all together, creating the paints takes enough time as it is, and I have no time or energy to keep fighting petty issues on top of it. <_<

If anyone wants to, I can ship the files to you, then you can upload it to avsim, you can put yourself as author too for all I care, I'm not doing this for fame or fortune, only because I can and coz I know how it is yearning for a familiar "sight" when you're out flying your fav. planes. So, if anyone's up for doing it, PM me or send me a note at scarp1@start.no.

Valtteri Isola: Yes, the 'murderator' was intentional ;)

Scarp, a HUGE thanks for all your hard work on this!!! I didn't have 'email replies' enabled on this new forum or I would have replied earlier. The logo and N numbers are close enough and if you are ever in South Florida, steak dinner on me!

Just now waiting on Avsim but if you want to send it direct, I'd be happy to 'test' it :-)

Thanx Cowboy :)

PPS : No sweat my good man, you're welcome, and a steak dinner is tempting, but I guess I'll have to settle for a virtual steak...lol

Avsim are usually pretty fast when it comes to updating their library, but if patience is not your virtue, just throw me an e-mail (scarp1@start.no) and I'll ship the file to you ;)