additional Twin Otter Liveries

EDOT-TH

Anyone working on some civilian paints of the 100 model? It feels weird flying only military birds for my civvie flight plans. I'd paint it myself, but . . . y'know . . . I suck. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
There was a few pages before a post on the German livery D-IVER. Anyone has seen this finished?

Yes, that was of my doings....she's 90% ready, but I'll finish her off duringthe evening. I make no promise she'll be done by tonight, but there is a possibility.

I have been busy with another project hat put everything on hold, and would you know it, I also managed to screw up my regstry files so I had to reinstall XP again...in oher words, a complete mess.

I finished off 2 Wideroe schemes which are a Avsim now, I'll finish off D-IVER and probably the Shangri-La paint too as she is 98% finished....

Hey, I've got photo shop 10, and for some reason it does not open the files with the layers. There are only two files that do. DHC6_prop, and DHC6_texture_4_T. I was wondering if any one else has had this problem or if not, where I can get the files with the layers. I tried redownloading the files, but they came out the same. I love making repaints, I just can't do a good job without having the layers. Thanks.

I've got another question. Any one seen a repaint done of the US Army Golden Knights. If not, I've got some pictures of the aircraft, and once I get the paint kit fixed, that is what I'm gonna try and do. Here are some shots I've found of it.

goldenknightstwotter2.jpg

goldenknightstwotter.jpg

Jeremy

I made a small modification to the panel, a small color correction as I am most familiar with the blue/gray colors rather than the brownish tint in the original.

Panel_blugray.jpg

It is uploaded to Avsim, not sure if it is available yet.....search for "DHC6_panelmod.zip"

Enjoy ;)

Wow, that Golden Knights is looking nice. There is no 100 pare model for us though. But I love to see it as a 100 wheel version repaint.

About the color mod, could you post a comparison with the original please? I'm not really sure what the difference is.

@ Scarp:

Thanks for the D-IVER paint! It looks fantastic! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved her quite a long way from home. I think she fits in nicely here . . .

Hmm, I think some of you got this right, and I haven't looked at the repaint kit for this aircraft yet, but it looks like some of you are forgetting your alpha channels for these aircraft repaints.

Anyway, love the Gknights idea they have another version as well:

uv18_twin_otter.jpg

I'll try and get some closer shots and mess around with it a bit.

Bad thing though is this is a 100 and there is no model for a para version here..would have to use a closed door version but I am sure the real ones don't come with a closed door...might though for parking reasons I will drive by there tomorrow and check it out.

I made a small modification to the panel, a small color correction as I am most familiar with the blue/gray colors rather than the brownish tint in the original.

It is uploaded to Avsim, not sure if it is available yet.....search for "DHC6_panelmod.zip"

Enjoy ;)

Thanks! I rather like this version, as this is what I have personally seen in all of the cockpit screenshots. Much more aesthetic in my opinion as well.

@ codyvalkyrie and metzgergva : Thank You, yea I like the "new" panel too, I think it add's more contrast/depth to the VC, but that could be only in my mind, he he ;)

Golden Knights version is working on its way. I've finished the tail section and am now working on the fuselage and wings.

Edit: I've got it mostly complete, just have to adjust the details, and make sure everything is all lined up correctly. Looks really nice. I've got it on the 300 para, but I'm gonna also put it on the 100 wheeled, just so it is "accurate."

ANE was the one I was hoping for, bummer. With all the Twotters in use in the US you would think there would be a few liveries for them, oh well.

tks

ANE was the one I was hoping for, bummer. With all the Twotters in use in the US you would think there would be a few liveries for them, oh well.

While I distinctly remember taking at least one flight in an ANE Twin Otter, I really didn' think ANE operated that many compared, say, with Pilgrim for whom the DHC6 seemed to be the only plane they operated. ANE, I associate much more with the Fairchild Hiller with the round portholes. I think Bar Harbor also had a couple of Twin Otters.