additional Twin Otter Liveries

EDOT-TH

Could anyone point me in the right direction of the spinner in the painkit? Can`t seem to find it anywhere. Need to paint them red. :lol:

It`s the only thing left on my next repaint.

Thanks Chris!

Weird shape for a spinner though. :lol:

Red Tail 001 is on final. :wink:

It's actually two spinners - separate in the middle (I think) and you can have "One black one, one white one...."

(and anyone who knows the rest of the song - shame on you!)

You guys do great work. I'm fighting with the MASwings paint, but I admit I'm having a helluva time matching up the textures in the tail section. Taking a spiral pattern, breaking it into three pieces to fit the tail, the side fuse, and the bottom texture, and then attempting to match them up is making me go batty. Guess it's my rookie colors showing through. Not sure how you are pulling it off.

You guys do great work. I'm fighting with the MASwings paint, but I admit I'm having a helluva time matching up the textures in the tail section. Taking a spiral pattern, breaking it into three pieces to fit the tail, the side fuse, and the bottom texture, and then attempting to match them up is making me go batty. Guess it's my rookie colors showing through. Not sure how you are pulling it off.

With great difficulty I can assure you, Aaron!

For my "Seychelles" paint it was enough to put me off painting for a while... all those flowers over the join lines!

My "tips"

1. Make a plain white skin (i.e. the paintkit) and add a grid pattern over each fuselage section. My grids are usually 1 pixel black lines with a different colour every tenth line. Juggle the grids around until you get them lined up:

centricnose.jpg

2. Find out where the skin panel breaks are in relation to your grid pattern

3. Use the fuselage side image bits as your main references. When you cut bits off for the wrap to the underside - do not rotate them to line up with the edges, distort them using the "shear" method.

I am not sure how to describe this, but in Corel Photopaint, when you click on an object (layer in PS), first click you see the normal stretch handles at corners and centres. Next click you see the rotation handles at the corners and at the middles of the edges you see the "shear" handles - use these to align the texture bits.

Just a small tip - hope that helps point you in the right direction...

Guest Hodge001
Hi Twotters fans!

My Hawaiian "2 in 1" pack is finished...time for download :lol:

-->Twin Otter - Hawaii<--

AE_otter_isl2.jpg

AE_otter_roy2.jpg

Hi Vratan

I downloaded and installed your re-paints it’s great work.

P.S

Just to let you know that your work on the Aloha Logo did not go unused, here is my attempt at the Aloha Island Air very much a work in progress (I don’t think it will ever be released as I have still have to get the hang of re-painting), so thanks again for the reworked logo.

By the way thanks to Chris Brisland for the tip regarding the use of grid line texture.

Jim H

Thanks for the tips Chris, unfortunately it's all Greek to me. I've shelved it for now to get away for a bit, but I may try again when I have a fresh brain to work with. I've done a few paints on other birds, but this one seems to be confusing me. Might be out of my league.

Love the Hawaiian repaints, Vratan. Thanks!

WF442, the Golden West textures are outstanding - sure would like to see those released sometime. The GW Dash 7 needs a little brother. :D

Anyone considering one of these...??

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Rocky-Mount...nada/0000581/M/

Rocky Mountain flew them all over Colorado and southern Wyoming in the '70s. It would complement 'Aspen X' nicely!

South Pacific Island Airways flew Twin Otter -300s from their base at Pago Pago, American Samoa in the 1980s. Here is a pic of the SPIA livery on one of their 707s:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/South-Pacif...323C/0321928/M/

The Otters were painted in an identical scheme, if I recall. That would make a nice island hopper as well! :D

South Pacific Island Airways flew Twin Otter -300s from their base at Pago Pago, American Samoa in the 1980s. Here is a pic of the SPIA livery on one of their 707s:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/South-Pacif...323C/0321928/M/

The Otters were painted in an identical scheme, if I recall. That would make a nice island hopper as well! :D

SPIA had turned into Samoa Air when I was there in the late 90's and many of the old time employees had been there since the SPIA days.

I did a lot of island hopping in this old girl:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Samoa-Air/Samoa-Air/0323593

Sure hope somebody decides to do her. :wink:

cheers,

steve :)

Hi everyone!

just wanted to share some pictures of some upcomming re-paints I am working on, but the Twotter is a hard plane to paint coz there are some "strange" alignments and also broken up in so many pieces...specially the tail area, some anomolies are to be found which has given me gray hairs, and it takes a lot of time to get it right.

Here's a preview of a few of the craft's :

Still got the engine and wings to paint on this one, but something came up that diverted my attention.......so this is pre-pre-view...lol

Shangri_LaAir_02.jpg

AirKenya_02.jpg

Schreiner_02.jpg

AirTGreenland_02.jpg

AirTchad_01.jpg

DIVER_01.jpg

Skybus_01.jpg

Wideroe_02.jpg

Alaska_06.jpg

Some of these will be released soon......if you behave ;)