additional Twin Otter Liveries

EDOT-TH

Hi all. My first post here. I've been having a lot of fun with the new Twin Otter X over the last couple of days. But there was something not quite right about it!!!

To be honest, I was really surprised not to see British Antarctic Survey in the original package. I was more surprised not see anyone requesting it here! So I thought, what the hell. I'd paint it myself! After more than two years of retirement, I think I'm back in business. 8)

I'll be out of town for a couple of days. As soon as I'm back, I'll be working on the other three aircraft. Although the paintkit is very well done, I found it hard to find good reference phtographs of BAC. Unfortunately, none of the four aircraft are identical in paint scheme and there are many noticeable differences. Let me know what you think

Filename is basdhc6.zip on both Avsim and Flightsim.

Terrific Otter Aerosoft .... long over due. My first summer job as a kid was hauling all that heavy luggage down those ramps, pumping fuel and washing twin otters for Air West Airlines in Coal Harbour downtown Vancouver Canada. Our slogan amongst the dock crew was "yup ... we have 18 frights a day" ... anyway all kidding aside, if one of you talented peoples would add this to your list of creations it would be most appreciated .... hey Chris whatchya think ????

Found a couple of great pic's of this vintage tin over at "Airliners.net. It appears to me that the paint work looks fairly simple to replicate ... I'm only guessing ???

Tally ho.

HI all!

First of all , clap clap for the repaints , they'are great!!!!

I've an ask for a repaint ...But I think Aerosoft can provide it (may be ) because it's the Canadian Air Force model included in the package but with wheels and note with floats....like this one http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/site/equi...8/default_e.asp

Good continuation , aerosoft and the present forumers and once again thanks for your great quality works...

P.S:please excuse me for the mistakes I'm french!

I would also love a Canadian Forces Search and Rescue wheeled version!

• Aerosoft
Hi all. My first post here. I've been having a lot of fun with the new Twin Otter X over the last couple of days. But there was something not quite right about it!!!

To be honest, I was really surprised not to see British Antarctic Survey in the original package. I was more surprised not see anyone requesting it here! So I thought, what the hell. I'd paint it myself! After more than two years of retirement, I think I'm back in business. 8)

I'll be out of town for a couple of days. As soon as I'm back, I'll be working on the other three aircraft. Although the paintkit is very well done, I found it hard to find good reference phtographs of BAC. Unfortunately, none of the four aircraft are identical in paint scheme and there are many noticeable differences. Let me know what you think

Filename is basdhc6.zip on both Avsim and Flightsim.

Thanks!

Here's one i'd like to see.

I took this pic just before departure (i think it was about 1991 or there abouts). The one and only time i've been up in one of these amazing birds.

For anyone who ain't been in one.... to get an idea of the noise, turn up your speakers 'til they distort, then double it!!!! I simply couldn't believe how loud those engines are from inside. It was like being at a rock gig where your chest feels the bass.

Guest Hodge001
Hi, I like flying on Hawaii...I make for fun first repaint from "isles". Island Air Twotter (very...VERY hard work on yellow strips). Now I search oldest logo for Aloha Island Air, but not have luck :? Same problem is Princeville Airways, I have only small pics.

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi

As this is my first post I will keep it short, I also like to fly the Twin Otter in Hawaii and was looking at trying my first repaint when I also found that the Logo for Aloha Island Air was nowhere to be found, so I have hand drawn one for my repaint attempt as in the pic.

Is this the Logo you require, if so the I will post my rather bad attempt if it’s of any use to you?

Jim H

Hi Jim!

Yes, this logo I search, good work. Good luck with your Aloha repaint :lol:

I'm start work on Royal Hawaiian Air Service Otter, here is WIP screen. Colors and font isnt finish version :wink:

Hi Jim!

I'm start work on Royal Hawaiian Air Service Otter, here is WIP screen. Colors and font isnt finish version :wink:

Beat me to it. Was about to start this one myself.

Guest Hodge001
Hi Jim!

Hi again

Here’s the logo if you still require it, great work on the Royal Hawaiian Air Service Otter.

Jim H

Hi again

Here’s the logo if you still require it, great work on the Royal Hawaiian Air Service Otter.

Jim H

Hi Jim, I'm redraw your logo to vectors and make bigger pics. My version have some few changes, but if You can use it for your Island Air...just do it :D

2964x442 resolution pics

http://bloudisko.cvars.cz/img/Aloha_isl_air_old.jpg

Aloha_isl_air_old_tn.jpg

Guest Hodge001

Hi Jim, I'm redraw your logo to vectors and make bigger pics. My version have some few changes, but if You can use it for your Island Air...just do it :D

2964x442 resolution pics

http://bloudisko.cvars.cz/img/Aloha_isl_air_old.jpg

Aloha_isl_air_old_tn.jpg

Hi Vratan

Thanks for the update, it sure looks better than my first attempt.I never could get the end bit right.

Jim H

Wow! By all counts now, the Twotter liveries I popped on Avsim are being sucked faster than any of my paints to date. Not quite a week yet and the TMA skin has hit 344 already - some of my skins haven't hit that in a couple of years...

Just goes to show that Aerosoft hit the right gap in the market. A rough and dirty twin pax and load carrier that can occasionally wear a fashionable skin...

Well Done Aerosoft and thanks folks. Congrats too to all the other skinners who are contributing to the Otter...

Chris,

It's also a tribute to your skills as a painter. I know I've thoroughly enjoyed the Seychelle repaint as well, and hope to see more of your work (hint, hint, Canadian liveries).

Cheers

Larry

Wow! By all counts now, the Twotter liveries I popped on Avsim are being sucked faster than any of my paints to date. Not quite a week yet and the TMA skin has hit 344 already - some of my skins haven't hit that in a couple of years...

Just goes to show that Aerosoft hit the right gap in the market. A rough and dirty twin pax and load carrier that can occasionally wear a fashionable skin...

Well Done Aerosoft and thanks folks. Congrats too to all the other skinners who are contributing to the Otter...

Wow! You keeping count of the downloads? :lol:

I keep an eye on them, yes, as it gives me an idea of how the customers think - my two most popular paints, for instance, are on the Cheyenne - and that was a plane I had a lot of hard work just to get used to the paintkit.

It's interesting too, to see how some paints that you as a painter think of as "Ho hum" seem to appeal to the downloading public in a most unusual way - my "Black Ice" Christen Eagle for instance...

There's nowt so strange as folk...

Chris

I visited your site and I was impressed with your repaints. I also noticed that you spent a few years in Greece, my country of origin. I live and work in the UK but spend summer hols in Greece. There is a Sea Otter service operating out of Corfu serving the Ionian Islands. Is there any chance that you could make a repaint of their very nice looking planes for the wonderful Aerosoft plane? I attach a link.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/AirSea-Line...nada/1122967/L/

Regards

Demi

London, EGKK

I keep an eye on them, yes, as it gives me an idea of how the customers think - my two most popular paints, for instance, are on the Cheyenne - and that was a plane I had a lot of hard work just to get used to the paintkit.

It's interesting too, to see how some paints that you as a painter think of as "Ho hum" seem to appeal to the downloading public in a most unusual way - my "Black Ice" Christen Eagle for instance...

There's nowt so strange as folk...

Well.. I used to check out the numbers on my first few repaints uploaded, but now i`m not really interested in what people download or how popular my repaints are because, as you said, some repaints i find "lacking" in quality seems to be just as popular as the most awesome ones out there.

just my thoughts though. :)

Chris

I visited your site and I was impressed with your repaints. I also noticed that you spent a few years in Greece, my country of origin. I live and work in the UK but spend summer hols in Greece. There is a Sea Otter service operating out of Corfu serving the Ionian Islands. Is there any chance that you could make a repaint of their very nice looking planes for the wonderful Aerosoft plane? I attach a link.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/AirSea-Line...nada/1122967/L/

Regards

Demi

London, EGKK

Ygea sou, Demi! Pos se lene? Thalassonoulia?

But the problem is, it's a -300 floaty Twotter and the Aerosoft one only runs to a -100 floaty. I suppose we could go for the wheeled one... But I am unfortunately very much limited in my free time these days - my job is time consuming and a long way away from home. I don't get to the PC that often these days - and that may be the situation for a few weeks or more.

Siga siga...

Yasou, Chris, Ti kaneis?

Siga, siga it is, I understand, few weeks OK with me. 'Ta Thalassopoulia' could be on on 'wheels' for now. It did not connect that the Aerosoft flotter is a 100 and the Air Sea Lines run 300s. I like the colours of these birds. By the way the company has applied for licence to run a scheduled service from the river Thames to the Yorkshire lakes and other UK destinations by the sea or lakes.

Regards - xairetismata

Demi

London, EGKK

Kala ime, euxaristo.

Well, Air NE is the next one on my drawing board - started - so the Hellas one will be next - I must dig out my Greek fonts!

I like the colours - I also like the flowing motion of the lines - so yes, a good chance I will paint - unless someone else fancies...?