additional Twin Otter Liveries

EDOT-TH

That's what I thought. So that is the "airline" that did those operations over Laos etc. They had Twin Otters?

They had a variety of planes, most of them STOL aircraft, yes

• Aerosoft
Oh, thats new to me. I thought they mainly operated smaller Cessnas. But they hardly had an "official" paint scheme, did they. Does anyone have a pic of an AA Twotter?

Edit: Found some intel. It's a nice read... http://www.utdallas.edu/library/collection...Leeker/dhc6.pdf

They used to rent aircraft, have then quickly painted and they would be back in original colors in a few weeks. It's not the cleanest bit of aviation history, but right now they seemed to be followed up by non painted, white, aircraft that have been popping up in countries that have been linked to more secretive interrogation centers. I do believe the they are all gone now, but for instance Poland had a lot of aircraft landing with serials that later turned up to be belonging to very different airlines.

That's what I thought. So that is the "airline" that did those operations over Laos etc. They had Twin Otters?

Yes, several apparently. The one I found is the one depicted in airliners.net and here:

AirAm_4.jpg

AirAm_3.jpg

AirAm_2.jpg

As you can see, I still have to complete the underside and the vertical stabilizer hinge.

I would guess though, that this AA livery comprised of stick-on blue bits that are partially missing. Also, it may well be a "buy-back" that a German para club continues to use.

I'd be grateful of any extra info...

@WF442: Uh, not nice. Showing off nice paints and telling people they will never be able to fly them ;-)

@PPS: What is the "new" Air America then???

Im not sure, I saw a plane a while back with the Air America logo, flying in the US, I havent looked into it

That is rather very nice though, Bjorn!

But I understand too. I am not sure about my AA paint either. I think there is something wrong (different) with the model scale and I am not happy about the stretch of the checkers. I have been trying for ages to get the pattern the same as the photos. If I use the taper of the fin to find the vanishing point, the stretch of the checks near the doors is far too rhombic. Perhaps I am seeing a logical pattern that simply isn't there. But if I move the vanishing point higher, the checks on the fin go awry and don't line.

We both probably have dozens of paints like that where we say we aren't happy and haven't published. So readers, don't worry. There will be enough paints anyway...

Hi, I like flying on Hawaii...I make for fun first repaint from "isles". Island Air Twotter (very...VERY hard work on yellow strips). Now I search oldest logo for Aloha Island Air, but not have luck :? Same problem is Princeville Airways, I have only small pics.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you :wink:

Island Air have totaly new planes and logo design. In "history" on website is only text. I'm loking for Aloha Island Air logo (1989) from EDOT-TH firts post (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Aloha-Islan...nada/0168775/M/). But I i see only one this pictures :lol:

After finish next repaint from Hawaii I make "2 in 1" pack and upload it to my website :wink:

Could we have a repaint in the colours of Aerpelican Air Services for the Twin Otter if it is not already included in the package? I am downloading the Twin Otter now, so obviously I have no idea if this livery is included as I have not installed it yet. There is currently 96 pictures of this livery on www.airliners.net. Please see a few pictures below:

I will do the new colours as well. I just had to do the Ansett logo. :lol:

Twotter-kzo-1.jpg

edit: New colours done. (why did they make it this dull?)

Twotter-kzo_nc.jpg

HI all!

First of all , clap clap for the repaints , they'are great!!!!

I've an ask for a repaint ...But I think Aerosoft can provide it (may be ) because it's the Canadian Air Force model included in the package but with wheels and note with floats....like this one http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/site/equi...8/default_e.asp

Good continuation , aerosoft and the present forumers and once again thanks for your great quality works...

P.S:please excuse me for the mistakes I'm french!

Noticed that the gold stripes along the fuselage was too narrow after finishing this one. Not sure if i will release it.

Ah, come on Bjørn, 'pilots' in the US need a US registration (Canadian would be nice too 8) )

I vote for submitting it regardless :D

HI all!

First of all , clap clap for the repaints , they'are great!!!!

I've an ask for a repaint ...But I think Aerosoft can provide it (may be ) because it's the Canadian Air Force model included in the package but with wheels and note with floats....like this one http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/site/equi...8/default_e.asp

Good continuation , aerosoft and the present forumers and once again thanks for your great quality works...

P.S:please excuse me for the mistakes I'm french!

You can do that yourself quickly. Duplicate one of the wheeled paints, change the name to Texture.CAF and copy the contents from the float CAF-paint into the new wheeled CAF-folder overwriting existing files. Finally edit the aircraft.cfg file. It's done in 2 min...

994538Canada.jpg

The front wheel mount is not entirely yellow so its not perfect but it will get you over till a "real" wheeled CAF is here. I hope it's allowed to tell how you can do the modification yourself?

HI PrivateCowboy and really thanks to your fast answer!!!

I asked for that because I had try this kind of modification on my beaver few months ago but my work was unlucky....No color on the gear.

So , I thinked it was the same problem with the Twotter....

So I'll try this modification,thanks a lot!

No problem. Have fun...

Edit: I've two questions here. Is that little white fin at the underside of the fuse and the antenna on the top supposed to be white or untextured? Could you let me know what texture those parts are from so I could also color them yellow. And what texture is the front wheel mount? I'd love to color it to yellow so that it fits the rest of the plane.

Thank you for your help.

Very nice paints indeed. AVSim lib is down though (they move to a new server end of feb) so you may have to look for another host plattform.

I was able to d/l both so it seems they may have resolved their issues.