Honeycomb Bravo - Majestic Q400 (MJC84) Throttle Profile

Hello!

I'm looking for help finding a profile for the Honeycomb Bravo to work with the Majestic Q400. I've configured the bottom end of the throttle axis to set reverse thrust, via the MCJ84 Control Panel, however I would like to get this to work using the zone below the detent, which I understand triggers a button press (not part of the throttle axis). 

If anyone has successfully configured the reverse thrust, I'd appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, cobracmndr said:

Hello!

I'm looking for help finding a profile for the Honeycomb Bravo to work with the Majestic Q400. I've configured the bottom end of the throttle axis to set reverse thrust, via the MCJ84 Control Panel, however I would like to get this to work using the zone below the detent, which I understand triggers a button press (not part of the throttle axis). 

If anyone has successfully configured the reverse thrust, I'd appreciate some guidance.

Thanks!

We sent a Honeycomb Bravo to Majestic as they use some custom coding.  I'm sure they will help to see that a profile gets created, until then I'm working on one as time allows... but as I work for Snakebyte (parent company to Honeycomb) I don't have very much time to devote to this right now, but I am working on it hear and there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a quick question concerning setting up the BRAVO throttle for the Majestic DASH8.  I have setup all of the buttons and lights for it :) .   Now I have the Lever1 axis not used, Lever2 Axis is for Power to Engine1, Lever3 Axis is for Power to Engine2, Lever4 Axis is for Prop Pitch Engine1, Lever5 Axis is for Prop Pitch Engine2 and Lever6 Axis is for Flaps.  All of the Axis are working fine except for the Lever2 Axis for Power to Engine1, from the DISC line to the letter R of the word POWER it goes up smoothly like it should but once it hits the letter R it jumps to Full Throttle?  I am using FSUIPC6 Latest version 6012.  When setting it up in FSUIPC Axis Assignment it goes from 16383 to 0 then jumps right away to -16384?  All the other levers go from 16383 to -16384 but they pass the 0 in the middle of the movement not once I am 2mm from hitting the top of the Axis!  (hope your understanding what I am saying).  My question is it possible to change the way Lever1 to copy what Lever2 is doing or mimic what Lever2 is doing? 

I added some pictures to see what it looks like in the sim and in FSUIPC6

First picture is where the Lever1 jumps from to Full Power!  Second picture is when Lever1 is all the way down at DISC!  Third picture is when Lever1 is 2mm from hitting the top of the Axis! The 3rd picture is when Lever1 is all the to full power and last is my calibration settings for Lever1 in FSUIPC6.

Thanks for the help

Richard

Please login to display this image.

• 2 months later...

Hi Team,

After having parked this endeavour since I last posted, I've finally had a chance to make some progress that I hope we can build on.

I've used a combination of the following:

• MJC84 Control Panel
  • SPAD.neXt (may be possible to achieve the same using other software, such as FSUPIC or the Honeycomb Configurator)

Please refer to the attached image that includes a composition of screenshots of the various program windows with orange rectangles that highlight the elements that you need to configure.

In brief, the solution involves a combination of setting specific values in the Engine Controls tab of the MJC84 Control Panel and then configuring the button press (long) in SPAD.nExt to set a specific Q400 data variable to match. For example, reverse thrust is set to -65534 in both, which enables the Power Lever to be in DISC when at the detent and then achieve maximum reverse thrust after pressing down through the detent and waiting a moment. The only glitch is when you push back up through the detent, it will not return to the DISC position until you move slightly higher, then back down to just above the detent.

I've used the same approach to set the FUEL CUTOFF to occur after pushing through the detent on the Condition Lever.

I've attached the SPAD.nExt profile (Q400 - cobracmndr.xml) for those that can use it. Please note that it does not contain any other mappings apart from Power Lever 1 & 2 and Condition Lever 1 & 2. Gear selector, flap selector and the tuning knobs all work without any specific mappings.

Hope this helps and if anyone gets stuck, post here and I'll see if I can help. With any luck, someone will produce a full control mapping solution for the Honeybee Alpha and Honeybee Bravo to work with the Majestic Q400 that we can download and use without requiring this level of customization.

Enjoy!

Q400 - cobracmndr.xml

Update: It turns out that -65534 is excessive and I believe makes it so that using the mouse to move the power levers works in very small increments. I've changed it to -5000 and it works well.

Archived