Honey comb Bravo Throttle Quadrant none of the LEDs are working even after 1002 driver is installed

I have installed the latest driver (Installed version: 1.0.0.2) for Bravo throttle Quad.. but no lights are working.

I bought MSFS 2020 from windows Store.

i have installed MSFS 2020 into a custom folder in a dedicated SSD. 

I hae installed the MSFS 2020 launcher in the same drive (not default drive)

Can anyone help me to figure this out please.

• Aerosoft

Hi Rahal,

please grab the file "exe.xml" from "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache" and attach it to this thread, so I can take a look as to whether the driver application is supposed to start.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

Thanks Rahal:

can you confirm that "G:\MSFS 2020\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\" is actually the path, where the file AFC_Bridge.exe is located?

If yes, please start up MSFS and wait until the sim has loaded into main menu. Now, In task manager, do you find the process "Honeycomb Bridge Module" is running? Can also be hidden under the Flight Simulator process itself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Thanks Rahal:

can you confirm that "G:\MSFS 2020\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\" is actually the path, where the file AFC_Bridge.exe is located?

If yes, please start up MSFS and wait until the sim has loaded into main menu. Now, In task manager, do you find the process "Honeycomb Bridge Module" is running? Can also be hidden under the Flight Simulator process itself.

Hi BenBaron,

The path is right. that is the plance I have my community folder and all the mods are installed.

The AFC_Brdige.exe is not running in the task manager process while the MSFS 2020 is running. 

43 minutes ago, Rahal said:

Hi BenBaron,

The path is right. that is the plance I have my community folder and all the mods are installed.

The AFC_Brdige.exe is not running in the task manager process while the MSFS 2020 is running. 

Bravo Throttle Light INOP
I have found if I load the sim and set up a flight the lights don’t work on the Throttle … SO while the sim is still active I open my community folder and open the AFC-Bridge folder THEN I open the bin folder and click on the AFC_Bridge Application …This kick the application into working …I then close the open flight in the sim and start a new flight
and the lights then come on …YIPPEE …I have to do this every time I boot up MSFS but once it is up and running for the day the lights stay working until the next time …I created a shortcut to the Community folder on my 2nd monitor desktop.

• Like 1

I looked at what was starting up in Task Manager and it does not list AFC-Bridge starting up ...Even after applying a manual start of the application as described in my original post ... BUT the lights do work after manually starting the app 

48 minutes ago, Rahal said:

Hi BenBaron,

The path is right. that is the place I have my community folder and all the mods are installed.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ted Duggan said:

I looked at what was starting up in Task Manager and it does not list AFC-Bridge starting up ...Even after applying a manual start of the application as described in my original post ... BUT the lights do work after manually starting the app 

I uninstalled the driver and deleted the old EXE.xml file in the app Cache. Then I reinstalled the driver. Now the lights are working. Thanks for giving the infomation to solve the issue. 

15 minutes ago, Rahal said:

I uninstalled the driver and deleted the old EXE.xml file in the app Cache. Then I reinstalled the driver. Now the lights are working. Thanks for giving the infomation to solve the issue. 

I will try the same 🙂 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft

Hi guys:

vor 1 hour , Ted Duggan sagte:

Ted, You'd have to watch out for "Honeycomb Bridge Module" in task manager.

vor 38 Minuten, Rahal sagte:

Glad to read that solved it for you, Rahel!

vor 22 Minuten, Ted Duggan sagte:

I will try the same 🙂 

Yes please do and let us know if that fixed it for you, too.

• Thanks 1

Just did a complete reinstall of the AFC-Bridge and still no good ..... I still have to manually start the application when MSFS has loaded .. It will only work after I have loaded a flight and then gone to the AFC file and clicked on the Application ... I then exit the loaded flight and restart the same flight and it will work perfectly until i shut down MSFS 

• Aerosoft
vor 19 Stunden , Ted Duggan sagte:

Just did a complete reinstall of the AFC-Bridge and still no good ..... I still have to manually start the application when MSFS has loaded .. It will only work after I have loaded a flight and then gone to the AFC file and clicked on the Application ... I then exit the loaded flight and restart the same flight and it will work perfectly until i shut down MSFS 

Ted: can you please also attach your exe.xml to this thread? It is either in "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache" for the MS Store version, or in "C:\Users\{UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" for the Steam version.

9 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Ted: can you please also attach your exe.xml to this thread? It is either in "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache" for the MS Store version, or in "C:\Users\{UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" for the Steam version.

Will do 

On 20.1.2021 at 09:59, BenBaron sagte:

Spoiler

{
  "Language": "EN",
  "SaveName": "Throttle_SEP_Sample",
  "LEDs": [
    {
      "ByteIndex": 1,
      "BitIndex": 0,
      "Condition": "A:AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK, bool",
      "ConditionValue": "=1",
      "EN": "Autopilot Heading Mode Active",
      "DE": "Autopilot Steuerkurs Modus Aktiv"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 1,
      "Condition": "A:AUTOPILOT NAV1 LOCK, bool",
      "EN": "Autopilot NAV Hold Active",
      "DE": "Autopilot NAV Halten Aktiv"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 2,
      "Condition": "A:AUTOPILOT APPROACH HOLD, bool",
      "EN": "Autopilot Approach Hold Active",
      "DE": "Autopilot Anflug Halten Aktiv"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 3,
      "Condition": "A:AUTOPILOT BACKCOURSE HOLD, bool",
      "EN": "Autopilot Backcourse Hold Active",
      "DE": "Autopilot Rückkurs Halten Aktiv"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 4,
      "Condition": "A:AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK, bool",
      "EN": "Autopilot Altitude Hold Active",
      "DE": "Autopilot Höhe Halten Aktiv"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 5,
      "Condition": "A:AUTOPILOT VERTICAL HOLD, bool",
      "EN": "Autopilot Vertical Speed Hold Active",
      "DE": "Autopilot Steigrate Halten Aktiv"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 6,
      "Condition": "A:AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE, bool",
      "EN": "Autopilot Airspeed Hold Active",
      "DE": "Autopilot Geschwindigkeit Halten Aktiv"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 7,
      "Condition": "A:AUTOPILOT MASTER, bool",
      "EN": "Autopilot On",
      "DE": "Autopilot An"
    },
    {
      "ByteIndex": 2,
      "Condition": "A:GEAR LEFT POSITION, percent over 100",
      "EN": "Left Gear Green",
      "DE": "Linke Fahrwerksleuchte Grün"
    },
    {
      "ConditionLogic": "&&",
      "Conditions": [
        {
          "ConditionValue": "<1"
        },
        {
          "ConditionValue": ">0"
        }
      ],
      "EN": "Left Gear Red",
      "DE": "Linke Fahrwerksleuchte Rot"
    },
    {
      "Condition": "A:GEAR CENTER POSITION, percent over 100",
      "EN": "Nose Gear Green",
      "DE": "Frontfahrwerksleuchte Grün"
    },
    {
        {
        },
        {
        }
      ],
      "EN": "Nose Gear Red",
      "DE": "Frontfahrwerksleuchte Rot"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 4,
      "Condition": "A:GEAR RIGHT POSITION, percent over 100",
      "EN": "Right Gear Green",
      "DE": "Rechte Fahrwerksleuchte Grün"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 5,
        {
        },
        {
        }
      ],
      "EN": "Right Gear Red",
      "DE": "Rechte Fahrwerksleuchte Rot"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 7,
      "Condition": "A:ENG ON FIRE:1, bool",
      "EN": "Engine Fire",
      "DE": "Triebwerksbrand"
    },
    {
      "ByteIndex": 3,
      "Condition": "A:ENG OIL PRESSURE:1, psf",
      "ConditionValue": "<2000",
      "EN": "Oil Pressure",
      "DE": "Öldruck"
    },
    {
      "Condition": "A:GENERAL ENG FUEL PRESSURE:1, psi",
      "ConditionValue": "<1",
      "EN": "Fuel Pressure",
      "DE": "Treibstoffdruck"
    },
    {
      "Condition": "A:PITOT HEAT, bool",
      "ConditionValue": "=0",
      "EN": "Anti-Ice",
      "DE": "Anti-Eis"
    },
    {
      "Condition": "A:GENERAL ENG STARTER:1, bool",
      "EN": "Starter",
      "DE": "Starter"
    },
    {
      "BitIndex": 6,
      "Condition": "A:SUCTION PRESSURE, inhg",
      "ConditionValue": "<3",
      "EN": "Vacuum system",
      "DE": "Vakuumsystem"
    },
    {
      "ByteIndex": 4,
      "Condition": "A:BRAKE PARKING POSITION, bool",
      "EN": "Parking Brake",
      "DE": "Parkbremse"
    },
    {
      "Condition": "A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS AMPS, amperes",
      "ConditionValue": "=0",
      "EN": "Low Amperes",
      "DE": "Niedrige Amperzahl"
    },
    {
      "Condition": "A:CANOPY OPEN, percent",
      "ConditionValue": ">0",
      "EN": "Doors",
      "DE": "Türen"
    }
  ]
}

• Aerosoft
vor 24 Minuten, Ted Duggan sagte:

Reveal hidden contents

Ted:

this was not the content of the exe.xml that I asked you to provide. Please look specifically for that file in either "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache" for the MS Store version, or in "C:\Users\{UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" for the Steam version.

4 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Ted:

this was not the content of the exe.xml that I asked you to provide. Please look specifically for that file in either "C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache" for the MS Store version, or in "C:\Users\{UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator" for the Steam version.

SimConnect SimConnect.xml False Logitech Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin False C:\Program Files\Logitech\Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin\LogiMicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe -r  AFCBridge False 

• Aerosoft
vor 3 Minuten, Ted Duggan sagte:

SimConnect SimConnect.xml False Logitech Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin False C:\Program Files\Logitech\Microsoft Flight Simulator Plugin\LogiMicrosoftFlightSimulator.exe -r  AFCBridge False 

Ted,

please use the facility to directly attach the file to your post instead of posting its content:

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...

Bravo throttle just delivered a few days ago (Jan 28). I've had difficulty finding the drivers on Aerosoft and Honeycomb, finally found it  on Aerosoft and Honeycomb if one dug deeply enough.

However, after installing the driver to Community folder the LEDs were still dark.

On 1/17/2021 at 11:12 AM, Rahal said:

Today I found Rahal's solution above and deleted the existing exe.xml from LocalCache, reinstalled driver, manually triggered the driver in the Community/bin folder, and the lights came on. ! !

Thank you Rahal.

Cheers, Barry

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys. So I got my throttle quadrant today as well.

Having the same issue as above. My exe file is pointing to the correct path, but it won't start up with the simulator. I tried renaming the exe file and reinstalling drivers but nothing happens. I don't have antivirus or anything of that sort to block the program from running so I'm not really sure what's the issue here :( Tried running as admin, no change.

I'm running it on the Aerosoft CRJ by the way.

(The buttons and axis all work, it's just the lights) I've attached my exe and logs if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. (Backup 2 is my old exe)

Running it manually runs the application in my task manager, but no LEDs yet

exe.xml exe_backup2.xml log_as_honeycomb_msfs.log

Edit: Restarted for the 4th-5th time, it worked for about 10 seconds and then lights went back out. I tried connecting it directly to my PC motherboard USB slot as well as a powered USB hub (which the yoke is connected to)

• Aerosoft
vor 22 Stunden , Malzabin sagte:

Hi Guys. So I got my throttle quadrant today as well.

Hi,

as to why the application is sometimes not auto-starting we are still trying to evaluate. If you are starting it manually though, you currently have to make sure that you change your aircraft afterwards, as that is the necessary trigger for it to start working. Also, while things like the gear indicator will work with the CRJ, the current LED profile is very generic and won't account for anything special related to the CRJ.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, fllagran said:

how can i download those files for the lights.  Every link i click on just goes to a blank page.

Does it open with this link? MSFS Honeycomb Software - Honeycomb Profiles - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

If not, you may have a site blocker engaged or maybe your antivirus is doing it. I can assure you this Aerosoft download page is totally safe.

OK Boys and girls, for what it's worth...  I just purchased the Bravo Throttle and the same issues affecting others befell me. I've spent the last few days trying to figure out WTH is going on. After spending 37 years in Flight/Ground Data Systems S/W Test and Integration for NASA, I just can't let it lie and became enamored with it. Being retired has made it worse because I have too much time to think about it.

Anyway, after 3 days of finding that the AFCbridge was in fact loading via Task Manager, using the Resource manager to look at loading and port status along with NetStat for all of the local ports to make sure they were open and port 500 for SimConnect was working, adding exceptions to McAfee for the AFCbridge exe etc.... I finally downloaded the Bravo Throttle Configurator for FSX ( I have FSX also) I ran through a mock setup for a cfg file and clicked the LED Enable toggle and what do ya know, that's right lights!!!! Yippee!!!!

They now work consistently. Not sure what the configurator did, but something was set possibly in one of the cfg files (SimConnect, exe.xml etc..). At this point  I have neither the patience to find out, nor the desire as I can now fly with my new toys and that's much more engaging. :) The other task seems like work and at 63 I'm finished with that!!! LOL!!! I'll leave that to the younger crowd with more energy...

So for those still experiencing issues, try loading the FSX download zipfile "AS_HONEYCOMB_FSX-FSXSE-V2"  from Aerosoft's page and fiddle with it, make a faux cfg file, apply it after selecting the LED switch. GL! Happy and flying!!!!

Disclaimer: I take zero responsibility for the accuracy or performance of the above opinion and please no flames, I'm old and tired, been there done that and have way too many T-Shirts...