Weather And Tracks Not Updating

Recently I had to do do a clean install of Windows 10. After reinstalling PFPX, my weather and tracks will not update. I have the PFPX exe file excluded from any virus scans, and my server subscription shows I still have 100 days left. Is there by chance a problem with the servers today? If not, does anyone have a suggestion as to how I might fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Weather and tracks updating here 17:00Z

Try setting weather to NONE then back to online.

Should that fail close PFPX and delete the content of C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Temp and try again.

Neither one of those suggestions worked. The weather and tracks icons keep switching back and forth to the yellow triangle with the exclamation point and the other icon which is kind of like an orange color.

Another strange thing is that I wanted uninstall PFPX and renstall it but could not find an entry for it in Add/Remove programs. I just downloaded a fresh copy today from simmarket, making sure I had my antivirus program disabled while doing so.

I've been going back and forth with support trying to get my problem solved, but nothing has worked so far, so I'm going to pose a question. PFPX runs on C++ 2017, but I show that I have C++ 2015-2019 installed. Supposedly this version covers 2015, 2017, and 2019. Would anyone be willing to share what versions of C++ they have installed? I have tried everything I can on my part to get this problem solved, but now I fear I'm just grasping at straws. I still can't get my weather and tracks to update. I'm not using a VPN, and I have even tried resetting my network adapter and resetting my modem. And, as stated before, I have the whole PFPX folder excluded from any virus scans. Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have no idea which one of them are needed for PFPX, but these are the ones I have.

PFPX has never missed a beat as long as I have had it.

Hope it solves your issue :) 

Cheers.

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the good news is that I got my problem solved. The bad news is that I had to do another reinstall of Windows. Don't ask me why it didn't work before but it does now. Anyway, everything is working fine now. Thank you to all who tried to help.

Archived