Honeycomb Alpha Yoke problem

I bought the yoke about 7 months ago from Aerosoft, and it's been working perfectly until recently. If I haven't used the buttons on the yoke itself for a while, they become unresponsive. If I unplug the ethernet cable and plug it back in again, the problem is resolved. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the cable or the sockets, as there is absolutely no issue once I plug it back in again - even if I wiggle it around and turn the yoke while pressing buttons. It only occurs when I haven't used those buttons for a while. It also seems to happen when I have lots of other USB devices connected. The light switches etc on the body of the yoke work fine at all times.

I had no problem until I switched from an Intel CPU to an AMD CPU (8700k to 5900x). I read that some people have had problems with PCIE gen 4 graphics cards interfering with USB connections, so I switched over to PCIE gen 3 in the BIOS. No joy. I also read that disabling global C-state control might resolve USB problems, but that didn't help either. I tried switching to different USB sockets, and disabling "USB selective suspend" in the Windows power settings, but it made no difference. It seems to be some kind of Ryzen 5000 series power management issue, but I don't know what else to try.

I've sent a number of messages to Honeycomb via a support ticket, and I've sent them an email, but I haven't heard anything in 2 weeks - not even a confirmation of receipt.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with this yoke and a Ryzen 5000 system? Unfortunately, I can't go back to the Intel system I had before to double check that it's still working fine on that platform. But I strongly suspect it's connected to the Ryzen setup. There are still lots of teething problems with x570 bioses and Ryzen 5000, and it really doesn't look like a hardware problem.

19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Did you use the same email address as you used here?  If so, I'll send them a message to check.

Hi, they've emailed me since my last post, but thanks a lot anyway.

Archived