What would be the solution? x-Plane or Error

• Aerosoft

Hi,

I've moved your post into the correct forum section. When is that message coming up for you? As long as you are not using the Alpha Yoke from Honeycomb, you can basically ignore it.

• Administrator

this message appears if you have the Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle installed and the Honeycomb Configurator v 2.01 for Windows.

But with X-Plane 11 you can ignore it. The Alpha Yoke is correct preconfigured with the internal X-Plane 11 Settings Joystick menu.

In general nothing more to do for the Alpha Yoke (Only the two axis "roll" and "pitch" have to be configured with the XP11 Menu).

Greets Heinz

• 3 weeks later...

To avoid seeing this message, I've created a new "Default_Yoke" profile using the "Default_Profile" as the template and the yoke as the device.  This creates a blank yoke configuration which I then activate.  No more message when starting a flight and I can still configure everything through X-Plane settings.  Just a way I've found to eliminate the annoyance of that message.

• Aerosoft

This message is basically a leftover from the fact that the whole module was initially designed when there was only the Alpha Yoke available. In the next version it will stop complaining over a missing profile on auto-reloading. It will only come up when you manually try to reload via the menu.

I believe this thread has finally answered my question regarding this json file reference popping up when I start a new flight.  I submitted a ticket ions ago with Honeycomb, and it went into a dark abyss never to be answered. 

I'm utilizing a MAC if that matters. 

To make sure I'm clear, all configuration of the Alpha Yoke is done within the native configuration tools for x Plane 11 vs utilizing the standalone configurator tool?  All documentation refers to running the stand alone tool, so if that is the case I can see why others may be confused. 

I love the yoke, just trying to get it all setup correctly.  

I will follow what @Highspeed1964 suggests above, and should be good to go!

Glad I found this forum, and thanks for the help!

• Aerosoft
On 12.2.2021 at 20:33, Ironman01 sagte:

I believe this thread has finally answered my question regarding this json file reference popping up when I start a new flight.  I submitted a ticket ions ago with Honeycomb, and it went into a dark abyss never to be answered. 

I'm utilizing a MAC if that matters. 

To make sure I'm clear, all configuration of the Alpha Yoke is done within the native configuration tools for x Plane 11 vs utilizing the standalone configurator tool?  All documentation refers to running the stand alone tool, so if that is the case I can see why others may be confused. 

I love the yoke, just trying to get it all setup correctly.  

I will follow what @Highspeed1964 suggests above, and should be good to go!

Glad I found this forum, and thanks for the help!

Hi and welcome on our forums!

Yes...nothing to worry about. You can simply stick to using the X-Plane menu for assignments if it does everything that you need to control your aircraft. Thats for the Alpha Yoke as well as for the Bravo Throttle. It is  only if you wanted to interact with custom aircraft variables and some enhanced logic where the external ConfigTool could come into play. 

• 2 months later...

Archived