Problems with Gibraltar Professional v110

malarmao

Hi to all,

I would like to show to you what's happening after purchasing and installing Gibraltar Professional v110. I would really appreciate if somebody helps...

I installed the file normally, running the installer as administrator, and choosing the default Prepar3d v4 folder, just as the installer suggests. 

It seems to have been properly installed but when I start the secenery in Prepar3d v4 it looks like the pictures attached.

• It seems like two or more different scenery layhers overlapping, one of them seems to be photorealistic one, even with flat actual planes parked in the airport when the picture was taken (like google maps screenshot) please see pic #7...
  • There are diferent levels within the airport and runway
  • Config tool not operative, even being in the right root folder. It says "The Path C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4 could not be found...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Rafa

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

First of all, please never use the P3D Folder for Addons as Destination Path. This is only used by the Installer because you have maybe used it before.

Use a Folder like C:\P3DV4 Addons for your Addons.

When the Tool don't find the folder, there are the relevant config files of P3DV4 are stored,it could not work at all. Is Drive C:\ your system drive?

Did you have Orbx installed? If so, check the Insert Point in the Orbx Tool, needs to be set below all Addon Airports.

Hi!

Yes  c:\ is my system drive, and nope I don't have any Orbx installed...

Thanks for your quick reply.

PS you recommend to install all addons in a separate folder?

• Developer
6 minutes ago, malarmao said:

PS you recommend to install all addons in a separate folder?

Yes, it is not only recommended, it is the only way to prevent issues.

When you have a larger other Harddisk, use that one, otherwise create a new folder called like \P3Dv4-Addons and use that one for all addons with Installer, which give you the option for the destination directory, like the Aerosoft once.

The P3D Programm path or Documents\P3Dv4-Addons are absolute a NoGo.

Archived