Honeycomb Bridge Module causing crashes on XP Quit

Lately, XP 11 has been crashing when XP quits. The log.txt file concludes with this line:

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: Honeycomb Bridge Module Aerosoft GmbH}==--

System Specs and XP settings shown below. I'm using AS_HONEYCOMB_XP11_MAC_V2-2.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi Pete,

as I've noticed in your other thread, there might have been an error with not the most current version slipping into the Mac download. There was actually an error with an XP crash in an older build. We'll check that next week.

Just to note that I too keep getting XP unexpectedly crashing when I close out XP on my Mac (Catalina). It doesn't happen if I remove AFC Bridge from the plugins. 

Also, today for the first time, I'm getting a transparent dialogue box on-screen which appears momentarily - the top line says AFC Bridge/ AFC Throttle and the next line X__X and then it disappears - I have not seen this before and I don't think I've done anything today that is unusual or different. It seems to occur when an event changes in the flight profile ie climbing or descending - other than that it makes no sense to me.

• Aerosoft
vor 15 Stunden , aerox334 sagte:

Also, today for the first time, I'm getting a transparent dialogue box on-screen which appears momentarily - the top line says AFC Bridge/ AFC Throttle and the next line X__X and then it disappears - I have not seen this before and I don't think I've done anything today that is unusual or different. It seems to occur when an event changes in the flight profile ie climbing or descending - other than that it makes no sense to me.

That might occur if you have "Show Bindings" selected in the menu for either the throttle or the yoke. Just set that back to hide and it should not appear.

So how do you get the configurator to install??  I try to run setup but it wont recognize my X-Plane 11 folder, and when I try to get the APC bridge out of the Zipped resource file, Aerosoft has Password protected the file so I can't extract it!  Just lovely bit of programing there.

1 minute ago, AustinAME said:

So how do you get the configurator to install??  I try to run setup but it wont recognize my X-Plane 11 folder, and when I try to get the APC bridge out of the Zipped resource file, Aerosoft has Password protected the file so I can't extract it!  Just lovely bit of programing there.

The problem you described is usually caused by someone installing X-Plane and then moving the X-Plane folder.  If that is the case with your install, it's a user created problem (which is the only cause I've found in working with many X-Plane users).  If this is the case, then go quick and find a mirror, and scream at yourself for an hour and then come back and I'll tell you how to easily resolve this.

Okay, I won't make you wait an hour, but the screaming at yourself is still required becaus moving a folder after you've installed software is just a really, Really, REALLY bad idea and you kind of deserve what you get if you do this.

Thanks for your somewhat derogatory response. On a helpful note you caused me to look through the user profile AppData\Local files on my Windows Boot Drive, Edited the X-plane_install_11.txt file and moved my D:\X-Plane 11/ reference to the first line of the text file and then the installer would recognize the directory.  This is a problem with the installer programing as if it allows you to select a directory then it should install there.  Just for your information I have 11 different lines (locations)in this file, one of which was my active directory.  I think this type of information would have been a more appropriate response, Don't you?

• Administrator

Hello AustinAME,

you are right.

Because, for example, if you have two X-Plane 11 installations or have moved the X-Plane 11 folder (which is a fine feature of X-Plane 11 byself), 

then there are also two path's or more included in the X-plane_install_11.txt ... and so on. 

So I think this is really a program-issue. And as I know the developers are working on it...

I have posted this solution (workaround) some time ago here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/158183-if-the-honeycomb-configurator-setup-dont-find-the-x-plane-11-folder/

Sorry for this issue... 

But another request:

Please always open a new Topic for a new question.

So we will not overlook the new problem.

Its better for the  clarity of our forum....

Thank you :)

Greets Heinz

• 3 months later...
  • Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived