FSFK rebuild navigation database

airifr

Hi,

After installing the latest Navigraph 2014, launching MSFS, the AIRAC shows correctly in content manager like normal, when checking the CDU it shows correctly the new 2014 cycle dates like previous cycles etc, then closing MSFS and launching FSFK to rebuild navigation database, looking at the 

progress bar at the bottom it goes through all the packages until it reaches navigraph-navdata where it hangs for 5 s or so then shows this error then after few seconds FSFK windows closes then FSFK relaunches by itself to default view...

Is there something with the new AIRAC 2014 that FSFK won't do?

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the latest notes, FSFK is not ready to use the database with FS2020, that will come later

You have to fill in the airport info for yourself.

If this is wrong perhaps someone at Aerosoft can correct me

14 hours ago, exploreall said:

After reading the latest notes, FSFK is not ready to use the database with FS2020, that will come later

You have to fill in the airport info for yourself.

If this is wrong perhaps someone at Aerosoft can correct me

What latest notes? What do you mean fill airport info for yourself??

I've been using FSFK with MSFS2020 since and all Navigraph AIRACs so far were read by FSFK, only the latest 2014 this issue, 2013 was fine, 2012 was fine etc, so not sure if some to do with latest MSFS 1.12.13 update or a combination of the two 1.12.13 and 2014?..

2101 is coming soon, so will try the next cycle, maybe...

airifr, The notes I was referring to were the notes in the beta DL package. I did try to run the database command but effectively nothing happened & I dont have P3D installed anymore on my computer, only FS2020. Did you purchase the data separately from a supplier?

I do hope these issues get resolved and Aerosoft updates the app soon as OrbX will soon release their free flight tracker called Volanta. It has already been 3 months since Thomas showed up on the other thread about FSFK FS2020 compatibility in October. Actually since the Volanta announcement Thomas has been silent. We can hope that FSFK goes ahead

On 1/22/2021 at 10:15 AM, exploreall said:

airifr, The notes I was referring to were the notes in the beta DL package. I did try to run the database command but effectively nothing happened & I dont have P3D installed anymore on my computer, only FS2020. Did you purchase the data separately from a supplier?

exploreall, I don't understand what you're talking about..

I just said FSFK "BETA" from October's Thomas's post don't read AIRAC2104, but it read the previous 2013 2012 etc, if FSFK "BETA" read 2013 2012 etc why not 2014?? So I suggested this is due to the latest MSFS update..2101 in effect next week so if same with 2101 I guess Thomas would need show up and help 😐

And the initial post do show NAVIGRAPH, so not sure why ask where got the data??

Only sim installed in my PC is MSFS.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, exploreall said:

I do hope these issues get resolved and Aerosoft updates the app soon as OrbX will soon release their free flight tracker called Volanta. It has already been 3 months since Thomas showed up on the other thread about FSFK FS2020 compatibility in October. Actually since the Volanta announcement Thomas has been silent. We can hope that FSFK goes ahead

Hopefully he's busy building a brand new FSFK for us 😬😅

11 hours ago, airifr said:

Hopefully he's busy building a brand new FSFK for us 😬😅

I hope so too, it is such a good app that I have been using since its very first days

Still using it to at least record the flight path but there are other things coming to compete

If Thomas would just confirm he is on track, then we know we can eagerly wait

13 hours ago, exploreall said:

I hope so too, it is such a good app that I have been using since its very first days

Still using it to at least record the flight path but there are other things coming to compete

If Thomas would just confirm he is on track, then we know we can eagerly wait

Indeed, I've been using it long time also, and I believe this is one of the best if not the best flight software there is (landing rate, acars, flight map, etc..to name a few!)

On 1/21/2021 at 11:41 PM, airifr said:

..2101 is coming soon, so will try the next cycle, maybe...

I just tried with 2101 and same, so definately to do with latest MSFS update...

Now that Volanta has been released I am going to try it out

As it's from OrbX it has to be good

Anyone else trying it out

I am still hopeful for FSFK but with no official feedback I will move on & come back to FSFK if the opportunity arises

14 hours ago, airifr said:

Volanta totally different, FSFK is unique..nothing like FSFK..

True, I will buy the update when it comes. It would be nice to get some confirmation that development is continuing though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, exploreall said:

True, I will buy the update when it comes. It would be nice to get some confirmation that development is continuing though.

Agreed!

According to the MSFS update the AIRAC is fixed. Airifr, did you buy the airport data or get it somewhere else. I have no airports in my FSFK so I am looking for a solution without installing P3D just for that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:20 AM, exploreall said:

Could someone from Aerosoft please tell me what actual data I need so I can get the airport data for FSFK. I can do it by reinstalling P3D but that is a massive waste of time.

Hey

Been off for a while, you can point FSFK to P3D folder, put an FSX.exe inside P3D folder, then FSFK should fetch data. You might need create an FSX folder in C programdata in you don't have FSX installed and copy the P3D scenery cfg file there (the one in C program data not the main p3d folder). And every time you make a change to P3D scenery you need copy the new scenery.cfg to FSX folder so FSFK can rebuild the database with the new file.

For MSFS still no fix, still get the error, with latest airac. I still do the workaround mentionned earlier..

No feeedback from Thomas Molitor..

8 hours ago, Thomas Molitor said:

Hi,

never actually used any custom nav data. I guess I need to buy it from Navigraph to test it, right?

Regards

Thomas

Hi,

What do you mean, buy what from Navigraph? For MSFS, we use Navigraph data from there https://forum.navigraph.com/tag/release-notes

Any help on the rebuild FSFK navigation database error (see pic in initial post)?

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, airifr said:

Hi,

What do you mean, buy what from Navigraph? For MSFS, we use Navigraph data from there https://forum.navigraph.com/tag/release-notes

Any help on the rebuild FSFK navigation database error (see pic in initial post)?

Regards,

Have to buy it to test it as I don't use any custom navdata. That's what I meant. So right now I don't know what the problem is. But I will check it out. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 6:24 PM, Thomas Molitor said:

Have to buy it to test it as I don't use any custom navdata. That's what I meant. So right now I don't know what the problem is. But I will check it out. 

Thanks.

On 5/16/2021 at 6:24 PM, Thomas Molitor said:

By the way, VATSIM data is no more displayed on FSFK map when selecting it, IVAO shows but not VATSIM.?

Archived