When can you expect your Honeycomb - Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Just an update from me.  I received an email update from Amazon stating they are told this product is no longer available and Amazon has cancelled my order. So, that just leaves me with my other order from another company.  

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had an interesting email from Amazon UK which begins:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Bravo Throttle Quadrant - Honeycomb Aeronautical PC"

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.  This item has now been cancelled from your order #xxxxxxxxxx.  

In case you have been charged for it, payment will be refunded within 5-7 business days.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion.  Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

This was ordered 28th October 2020. I assume as it's coming close to 6 months it's probably some automatic cancellation.

Anyway, I thought the supplier would be Aerosoft and I rather hope the throttle is actually still available, just delayed :)

@Marius Ellenbürger

I ordered with Amazon Sept 30th 2020. My ordered got cancelled today.

I ordered with Scan early March 2021. My order got delayed.

What are my chances right now of getting a bravo if I order with Aerosoft? Considering we are in May 2021.

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, CPTAJO said:

What are my chances right now of getting a bravo if I order with Aerosoft? Considering we are in May 2021.

Very basic.....  For orders in Europe, they all go to our warehouse before they are send to customers and resellers. 

It seems now that due to Aerosoft failing to deliver stock to Amazon our orders have been cancelled. This hardly seems fair, I know that some people who ordered from Amazon UK earlier in 2020 said they received theirs. I placed my order in September and looks like I'm out of luck now... This whole thing has been a shambles.

Ok, I've just found this topic, and it's been very helpful! I'm appalled that my Bravo still hasn't arrived, no communication from Amazon or Honeycomb, its very poor considering the length of delay. Should I cancel my order and demand a refund, or do I stick it out, I really want my Bravo :)

• Aerosoft
10 hours ago, Oz Pearson-Leach said:

Ok, I've just found this topic, and it's been very helpful! I'm appalled that my Bravo still hasn't arrived, no communication from Amazon or Honeycomb, its very poor considering the length of delay. Should I cancel my order and demand a refund, or do I stick it out, I really want my Bravo :)

Of course you can cancel your order, but when we get more containers the preorders will be handled first.

Good morning Mathijs,  

Do you have visibility of incoming containers and what time scales for the next batch?   Also, to the best of your knowledge, are Honeycomb still producing the throttles, or is the production line on hold, until enough components are available? 

Thank you kindly. 

Colin. 

Myself and some friends who ordered from AS directly in January got invoices for the Bravos through yesterday, so I suspect a shipment has arrived at their warehouse and it is being processed.

That would be good news for at least some of us indeed. Let's hope there really was a container on it's way before production came to a halt.

Mathijs,  I know you would normally mention something important like this so are you able to comment on these recent orders being fulfilled? Has there indeed been a container delivery?

hi all

I just got my invoice yesterday, I order min in last 17 Jan 2021  from Aerosoft, they already informed me from 2 week that my order will be delivered in the next shipment, and this is exactly what happed , thanks Aerosoft 

Just to know…

Ups tracking says that the label was created on the 19th, but has not yet collected the package.  Is this really the case, or, as has happened to me in the past, is it already on the road and is delivered to me without UPS updating the tracking?  just to know why I should warn of arrival

Same here I pre-ordered beginning of February and I’ve had confirmation mine is also on it’s way!!! Thank you Aerosoft, I’ve been patiently waiting since last August after Amazon let me down. Can’t wait for the knock on the door :) as the Guinness slogan goes.... Good things come to those who wait ;) 

On 5/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, seanduffy said:

It seems now that due to Aerosoft failing to deliver stock to Amazon our orders have been cancelled. This hardly seems fair, I know that some people who ordered from Amazon UK earlier in 2020 said they received theirs. I placed my order in September and looks like I'm out of luck now... This whole thing has been a shambles.

Yep, have been following this thread since it started and I am in the same boat. Had a pre-order with Amazon UK since 1st Sept, waited patiently and now get told that has been cancelled because 'Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.', which they say is Aerosoft, and Aerosoft say is a distribution company in the UK which has no public voice or contact. Basically wherever you go asking what's going on, you get pointed elsewhere and eventually to nowhere.

So now those people, like myself, who showed faith in the product and ordered back then are back to square one, at the back of a very long queue, while hearing that people that pre-ordered in Feb from Aerosoft (5-6 Months after many orders from other suppliers) are now getting them. Hopefully you can understand why it leaves a bitter taste.

3 hours ago, MikeG33 said:

So now those people, like myself, who showed faith in the product and ordered back then are back to square one, at the back of a very long queue, while hearing that people that pre-ordered in Feb from Aerosoft (5-6 Months after many orders from other suppliers) are now getting them. Hopefully you can understand why it leaves a bitter taste.

I can identify with this post, right down to the 1st September 2020 order date with Amazon UK and the subsequent bitter taste!

I manufacture electronic equipment and completely understand the global component crisis and many of the current problems of cross border trade but the apparent distinction between being an Amazon customer and a customer dealing with Aerosoft directly is not a happy one.

Yes, extremely frustrating to have a 6 month order cancelled by Amazon when their only supplier of the part is fulfilling orders placed 3 months later to its own customers. Ah well, hopefully my order with Aerosoft will be fulfilled without the whole next batch going to other suppliers (at least there cannot be a backorder with Amazon to fill if they have cancelled them all).

Before things get out of hand and we end up back in conspiracy town, I just want to add  that I don't believe AS would choose to not fulfill orders to distributors over customers. It is likely a case that Amazon, Scan, etc. are supplied by the same distributor who deals with AS, and there is some agreement in place that dictates what share of items that arrive they get based on order volumes and so on.

We're not going to be told the details of that agreeement, or even if it exists  or if any others exist. This is just guess work based on my knowledge of how our company deals with B2B transactions. Distributors will make up a lot more revenue than customers in a lot of cases as they can reach more people, so there may not be as much incentive as you imply.

5 hours ago, [WJTK] Gabriel said:

Before things get out of hand and we end up back in conspiracy town, I just want to add  that I don't believe AS would choose to not fulfill orders to distributors over customers. It is likely a case that Amazon, Scan, etc. are supplied by the same distributor who deals with AS, and there is some agreement in place that dictates what share of items that arrive they get based on order volumes and so on.

We're not going to be told the details of that agreeement, or even if it exists  or if any others exist. This is just guess work based on my knowledge of how our company deals with B2B transactions. Distributors will make up a lot more revenue than customers in a lot of cases as they can reach more people, so there may not be as much incentive as you imply.

I'm not buying it to be honest.

Take this as an example.  These are arbitrary numbers and no specific entities are mentioned to avoid any distress.

100 customers place an order with a retailer for a product in June of 2020 and those orders are passed to the European distributor. 

100 customers place an order directly with a European distributor in June 2020 for the same product.

50 customers place an order with a retailer for the product in January 2021 and again the orders are passed to the European distributor.

50 customers place an order directly with the European distributor in January 2021.

500 units appear at the European distributor from the manufacturer in May 2021.

Everyone who has placed an order with the European distributor up to and including orders placed in January 2021 has their order fulfilled.

Retail orders remain outstanding or are cancelled by the retailer citing "lack of product availability".

And there isn't a problem with this?

6 hours ago, [WJTK] Gabriel said:

I thought AS IS the distributor that supplies Amazon, SCAN etc.?

20 minutes ago, paulski said:

I thought AS IS the distributor that supplies Amazon, SCAN etc.?

There has been suggestion that a 3rd party is involved with retailer distribution.  I'd wager it is someone like West Coast or Computer 2000 if so.

8 hours ago, Phannybawz said:

I'm not buying it to be honest.

Take this as an example.  These are arbitrary numbers and no specific entities are mentioned to avoid any distress.

100 customers place an order with a retailer for a product in June of 2020 and those orders are passed to the European distributor. 

100 customers place an order directly with a European distributor in June 2020 for the same product.

50 customers place an order with a retailer for the product in January 2021 and again the orders are passed to the European distributor.

50 customers place an order directly with the European distributor in January 2021.

500 units appear at the European distributor from the manufacturer in May 2021.

Everyone who has placed an order with the European distributor up to and including orders placed in January 2021 has their order fulfilled.

Retail orders remain outstanding or are cancelled by the retailer citing "lack of product availability".

And there isn't a problem with this?

I think you perhaps misunderstood me, let me try and clarify;

Firstly, Amazon and Scan are not the only retailers in the UK that have been having the Bravos "For Sale" (Quotes because of aforementioned lack of stock in general, but For Sale will simply mean listed on their website for now, i.e. you could buy it if stock existed)

Secondly, as I believe someone else mentioned there is rumours of a third party middle man being involved, and I have seen the webpage for such a distributor in the UK, though I do not know if this is the only one, or even the primary one. There is a link somewhere in this thread but I would need to dig it up, if you want me to I will edit this post with said link.

Thirdly, Amazon may not be selling these items themselves, due to the FBA or fulfilled by Amazon scheme. In such a scheme sellers will simply send stock to a warehouse, and Amazon will handle all the logistics. What will happen in this case, is that if multiple sellers are selling the same SKU, there will only be one product listing hiding multiple sellers. We do not have the information of how many were involved that we could see.

Fourthly, despite AS being the main distributor for Europe for the Honeycomb gear, there may be other secondary distributors for other European countries involved that get a slice of the container stock pie when it arrives, again we do not know if this is the case or not, or if it is how many are involved, but seems a logical possibility.

Finally, if we accept that between AS and consumers (if you don't order from them directly), there is at least one distribution agreement/contract which seems perfectly sensible to me, then the details of that may stipulate the order and share each agreement gets including AS. It could be that it is based on a portion of every container that arrives, or that no distributor orders are filled until AS own orders go below a certain value, then the rest divided up from there. Both of these models will have been agreed on long before now, not factoring in the shortage and demand happening at the same time.

My main point, however, was the emphasise that asking questions politely is fine, there is enough going on for some eyebrow raising I will admit, but that we shouldn't attribute malice where there likely is none, and that us regular consumers are almost never going to be privvy to the details of various contracts and agreements that AS have, and we need to be at peace with that. My main belief as to why there is no malice on AS part involved, is that a companies reputation, both to consumers and other business partners, is far more valuable than the money trying to cheat them is worth.

Archived