When can you expect your Honeycomb - Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Sorry guys, not really been watching this week.  I checked the scan status and confirm the same, you cannot even order it now.  I had no email updates, the order just states awaiting picking. 

So I will just give it another month and see what happens. 😞

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/27/2021 at 8:09 AM, Phannybawz said:

Curious to know if you have had an email from Scan with a delayed date.  I've seen nothing yet.

Just wondering if you placed an order after me and perhaps I am one of the lucky few who will see a unit ship this week.

Unfortunately, I too haven't received any emails from Scan... I pre-ordered on the 15th of March.

"Hi there,

At the moment we are expecting another shipment to arrive with us on the 26th April for the Bravo Throttle Quadrant for PC from Honeycomb Aeronautical.

The dates provided are the estimates that we are given from our suppliers as to when they hope to have stock with us. It is possible for the stock to arrive earlier but the date could also be pushed back again if we are informed of any further delays.

If you would like to cancel or amend the order, please let us know and we will make the necessary arrangements.

Kind regards,

jtou

Scan Computers"

Email I received from Scan on the 19th of April but nothing as of this morning.  Pre ordered 16/03

I've got to say, the customer service from Scan is awful.

I take it nobody has received an update regarding the delay to the order, even though Scan was more than willing to take the money up front?

13 minutes ago, jake_mazar said:

I've got to say, the customer service from Scan is awful.

I take it nobody has received an update regarding the delay to the order, even though Scan was more than willing to take the money up front?

Try Amazon.

They flat out lie to you.  "Yes sir... the item will be with you in 24/48 hours guaranteed".  That was in December.

I'm curious if the delay might be Scan trying to get updated or projected stock fulfilment levels from Aerosoft?  But then Aerosoft aren't able to comment on that subject in these forums, so I guess we will never really know...

What I don't understand is why Aerosoft seemingly aren't able to give Scan at least an estimate even if it's far in the future.  They must have a projection of incoming stock etc. to set against their own direct sales and those to other vendors.  It's not rocket science.

• Aerosoft
56 minutes ago, paulski said:

What I don't understand is why Aerosoft seemingly aren't able to give Scan at least an estimate even if it's far in the future.  They must have a projection of incoming stock etc. to set against their own direct sales and those to other vendors.  It's not rocket science.

It is rocket science if you do not know when you will get new stock. 

Believe me, if we would know we would tell. 

Well, I just got my Quarterly update email from Amazon, which basically says, they are still trying to obtain the items we ordered in Sept.   But no updates from Scan. So I figured that its the same delay with Scan. 

I have no gripes with the guys here, its a global problem, rather than Aerosoft, so be nice people, we're all in the same cockpit, which is a little cosy. 🙂

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It is rocket science if you do not know when you will get new stock. 

Believe me, if we would know we would tell. 

So basically Scan have charged me £251 for a product that they do not know when they are going to receive? Furthermore, they know their suppliers have no idea when this stock is going to arrive and they have not relayed this information to their customers?

Logistics can be complicated and frustrating. At my own work, we effectively buy needed materials from ourselves, and yet we can have ships cancelled at the last minute despite us desperately needing stock, and we sometimes do not get a good date on when we will get the supplies in.

Scan's business model may not allow them to have a pre-order pay later option. I can pretty much guarantee though that they took money on good faith expected it to arrive on Monday, and it just didn't. I admit it's poor on them to not really relay this properly to you, their customer, but as has also been said here many times a business would much rather be selling and shipping items, than not getting the stock needed to do so.

We're all just going to have to wait for things to get sorted, but I think as a middle ground if AS could provide a "best guess" as to when the next shipment would arrive with them may be helpful, but if the understanding is not there that the date may slip further into the future then I can understand why they may not want to.

2 hours ago, [WJTK] Gabriel said:

Logistics can be complicated and frustrating. At my own work, we effectively buy needed materials from ourselves, and yet we can have ships cancelled at the last minute despite us desperately needing stock, and we sometimes do not get a good date on when we will get the supplies in.

Scan's business model may not allow them to have a pre-order pay later option. I can pretty much guarantee though that they took money on good faith expected it to arrive on Monday, and it just didn't. I admit it's poor on them to not really relay this properly to you, their customer, but as has also been said here many times a business would much rather be selling and shipping items, than not getting the stock needed to do so.

We're all just going to have to wait for things to get sorted, but I think as a middle ground if AS could provide a "best guess" as to when the next shipment would arrive with them may be helpful, but if the understanding is not there that the date may slip further into the future then I can understand why they may not want to.

A very reasonable post and you are quite correct.

However, I really do hope they don't treat Her Majesty like this 😂

8 hours ago, Ipaolosan said:

May I ask in this thread, who has received the Bravo, ordered after mid January 2021 directly from Aerosoft? 🤔

thanks P.

i order min in 17 Jan 2021 and i got an email from aerosoft say it will be on the next shipment but did not give a date!!!! thos was on 20/04/2021

I believe that Aerosoft is currently not interested in shipping the products to Europe because the freight rates are so high. And that's why you wait and hope that the costs will go down. And because they don't know when the prices will go down, they can't comment.
  Just stupid: Many companies are currently leaving their goods in Asia due to the problem described. At some point, however, the warehouses will have to be cleared - and then freight prices will rise even more.

I think you're clutching at straws there. Yes, whilst there is an incentive to keeping shipping costs low, there is a bigger incentive to sell product and bring in that revenue.

It may well be that AS genuinely do not know when they'll get a shipment, because they are waiting on someone else who isn't telling them the full story. Implying AS are not wanting to move product when they unpacked, sorted, and shipped an entire containers worth of units in 48 hours is a bit disingenuous.

• Aerosoft
On 4/30/2021 at 4:16 PM, FSH1HH said:

I believe that Aerosoft is currently not interested in shipping the products to Europe because the freight rates are so high. And that's why you wait and hope that the costs will go down. And because they don't know when the prices will go down, they can't comment.

To be blunt, nonsense. 

Of course you deny it. Touch a nerve. 😉
Until a few days ago, a delivery for spring was announced on the homepage. Now it is said in the shop that new information will follow shortly.
How does Aerosoft know that information will be available shortly? It can only be that the delivery is imminent or the delivery is delayed. Anything else would not be new information.
And if the delivery is delayed: Why not inform the customers who have pre-ordered the product and have already paid for it?

2 minutes ago, FSH1HH said:

Of course you deny it. Touch a nerve. 😉
Until a few days ago, a delivery for spring was announced on the homepage. Now it is said in the shop that new information will follow shortly.
How does Aerosoft know that information will be available shortly? It can only be that the delivery is imminent or the delivery is delayed. Anything else would not be new information.
And if the delivery is delayed: Why not inform the customers who have pre-ordered the product and have already paid for it?

I'm not going to get involved in the "debate" about this, however I do firmly believe that the delays are down to the lack of available semiconductors in the channel.  Honeycomb have already intimated that their manufacturing schedule is likely to be seriously impacted with lead times for components at around 6 months.  I guess this is already beginning to bite.

I ordered mine in February and now it says it will be available again in autumn. 2 Weeks ago I sent an email to you and it stated that mine would be delivered in the next batch which is expected to deliver in 4 Weeks is this still the case

Thanks

That's possible too, of course. But I don't really think Aerosoft is that naive.
The sell here products whose delivery they advise for the next 7 weeks.
To ensure this, the products must already have been produced.

Aerosoft has not agreed any delivery plans with the supplier or has not yet learned that the deadlines will not be met? I do not believe that.

Assuming my reason (the transport costs being too high) is not it, why is the communication so bad? "We ourselves have no information" cannot be true.
You don't know whether the ship is already on its way?

Email received just now:

Dear Customer, 

Thank you for your pre-order. 

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that we are not able to ship your order within the indicated time frame.
Due to the global semiconductor shortage, which is currently affecting many markets across the industry, the production of the Honeycomb products has been temporarily stopped and the deliveries planned for Aerosoft are delayed. 

The manufacturer informed us that we cannot expect further deliveries until August / September 2021. 

As soon as we have further information regarding the production line and the deliveries, we will of course let you know as soon as possible. 

We are very sorry for the delay and the inconveniences!

With kind regards, 
Your Aerosoft Team”

6 minutes ago, paulski said:

Email received just now:

Dear Customer, 

Thank you for your pre-order. 

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that we are not able to ship your order within the indicated time frame.
Due to the global semiconductor shortage, which is currently affecting many markets across the industry, the production of the Honeycomb products has been temporarily stopped and the deliveries planned for Aerosoft are delayed. 

The manufacturer informed us that we cannot expect further deliveries until August / September 2021. 

As soon as we have further information regarding the production line and the deliveries, we will of course let you know as soon as possible. 

We are very sorry for the delay and the inconveniences!

With kind regards, 
Your Aerosoft Team”

Called it.

I also got the same email. It's wonderful how they keep the purchase price to themselves.
How much I despise such customer-unfriendly behavior.

• Administrator
vor 1 minute, FSH1HH sagte:

I also got the same email. It's wonderful how they keep the purchase price to themselves.
How much I despise such customer-unfriendly behavior.

Hello, if you prefer a refund, please let us know! Of course you get the payment back within 48h.

Greetings,
Marius

Archived