TFT screens

VinFlyer

hi

i'm planning to buy new screens soon as the one i'm using right now (a big old crt) probably hasn't that much live in it anymore. I want to replace it by 2 tft screens. As graphic designer I won't only use it for FS but also serious work :wink: :lol: I want to run it at 1600x1200 so 19" tft or smaller will be out of the question as they can't get any higher than 1280x1024. So it has to be 20" at least. But it's hard to find normal 4:3 ratio screens these days as everything seems to be widescreen.

I'm interested if anyone here has some good advice on this, what are good screens? What are you using yourself (size and brands)? And perhaps you could convince me to use a widescreen anyway, i'm open to all suggestions :D

Hi VinFlyer

I myself am always happy with "LG" screens. Can't help you with technical details as I'm not into that a lot (for screens anyway).

Why wouldn't you buy a widescreen? If you take eg a 20(or was it 21)" widescreen, you get the same physical height of a 4:3 19" screen but a lot wider..

You will see you get a lot more room in different programs like photoshop. For someone who is a professional graphical designer I would consider this a (huge) advantage ...

• Aerosoft
Hi VinFlyer

I myself am always happy with "LG" screens. Can't help you with technical details as I'm not into that a lot (for screens anyway).

Why wouldn't you buy a widescreen? If you take eg a 20(or was it 21)" widescreen, you get the same physical height of a 4:3 19" screen but a lot wider..

You will see you get a lot more room in different programs like photoshop. For someone who is a professional graphical designer I would consider this a (huge) advantage ...

yeah, I got two 1680x1250 screens next to each other. 70 centimeter of viewing pleasure. I like Ilyama and lately also Benq screens.

Well, my wife bought me a 28" Hanns-G monitor for Christmas; when I tell you it actually adds realism because of it's size it's no lie!

It's also Vista certified and is fully 1080P compatible. All for $450.00 here in the U.S. (was a promotion from Costco, so I don't know if that price is still valid but Best Buy has it for $599.00)

Vin, I have an ACER P241W 24" running at 1920x1200 and that is pure joy both for FSX/repainting/photo editing and it runs alongside my old Dell 20" 4x3 monitor. The ACER is not very expensive in my honest opinion (3200 NOK) and it's very good value. The old Dell is off course a semi-pro monitor, basically able to show more colours it seems but the new one is very very good. I bet two 24" will not leave much space for anyting else though.

Best

thanks guys.

why no widescreen? well i'm not sure yet. At work I've got two 21" Eizo screens running at 1600x1200, ideal for graphic design. Now it would be nice to have something like that at home as well. But Eizo screens are a bit too expensive :lol: Those at work cost over €2000,- a piece :shock:

19" or below can't give you the same resolution, neither can 20"/22" widescreens. I not only need the wide, I also need the height. So if I go widescreen it will have to be 24", something like Dag has.

Mathijs, what screen do you have that you run it at 1680x1250? Haven't seen IIlyama screens that can run that.

So for designing two 20" 4:3 screens would be ideally, for FS widescreen (24") would be ideally. I will give those widescreens a really serious thought.

PS: Mathijs, I've send you an e-mail last week to your Gmai, did you get that?