DHC-6 Twin Otter Paint kit

Log into the FAQ / Support section. From the list, select Twin Otter X, press "continue" and the manual and paint kit will be available.

If You can´t find the Twin Otter entry in the list, You might need to register it. This is done on the sime page, pressing: "Do You want to register another product?".

Enter Your email adress and the serial no You got when You purcased the Twin Otter X.

Regards

Wothan

• 1 month later...

I would like to create a Repaint, but to control the intermediate state needs I a program. I did this until now with FS REPAINT V2, but there the twin otter is not indicated. Does another give it to program with which can see the otter?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards: Laszlo

• Aerosoft
I would like to create a Repaint, but to control the intermediate state needs I a program. I did this until now with FS REPAINT V2, but there the twin otter is not indicated. Does another give it to program with which can see the otter?

Many thanks in advance.

You will need a serious bitmap editor for this. Something that can handle layers, PhotoShop, PaintShopPro are the obvious choices.

Thanks for your answer, however I believes I did not express exactly. I create BMPs with Photoshop. I incorporate the intermediate state in the FSX around control. And I do these without starting the FSX with FSREPAINT.

Hi Laszlo,

Is FSREPAINT capable of dealing with FSX models? The reason I ask is because it may explain why you cannot see your model in FSR while you paint. FSX uses DDS paint formats and FSRepaint probably can't handle these.???

If you have photoshop anyway, just carry on as usual and create your DXT5 bitmap images as usual. Then convert them to DDS format using the FSX SDK tool "ImageTool".

Hi Laszlo,

I know what you're talking about. I'm seeing the same effect. I'm doing my repaints in my old Photoshop version and then cause of the ease of use using FSR as a simple preview without starting FSX as it renders the aircraft without all the overhead with FSX, loading a flight, watching the aircraft, etc... . The funny thing is that I could do it the same way with the Beta of The Twotter but not with the final version. The same behaviour with Cheyenne and Beaver btw. FSR seems to have problems with a lot of planes not only restricted to Aerosoft releases. I assume you're using the FSX capable FSR version?

Thorsten

Hello Chris and Thorsten, thank you for your answers, my FSR is compatible FSX, it is of the version 2. He also indicates almost all airplanes, only I do not need! I have already done some Repaints for the FSX, also in dds format, I have a map NVIDIA, there is for photo shop plug inns with it one can immediately store away in dds format. For the Cheyenne I have applied a trick, only in the FS 9 version paintet and then the ready textures I have got in FSX, one still had to rename the file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've got photo shop 10, and for some reason it does not open the files with the layers. There are only two files that do. DHC6_prop, and DHC6_texture_4_T. I was wondering if any one else has had this problem or if not, where I can get the files with the layers. I tried redownloading the files, but they came out the same. I love making repaints, I just can't do a good job without having the layers. Thanks.

Jeremy