Malaga XP mesh error

Dear Aerosoft. 

I would like to open a discussion about the flattening issue regarding Malaga XP by sim-wings.

First an illustration of the issue at hand. 

As you can see the airport flattening "1302 flatten 1" ruins the mountain due west of the airport. This is not how 30 Euro scenery should look like. 

Please login to display this image.

If you remove the 1302 flatten 1 from the apt.dat file the mesh is corrected as seen here, thereby and flattening issue mostly caused by the DSF mesh (I suspect). 

But since the the objects are made with Sketchup or at least converted with it, they gets elevated in air some places. This however can be fixed by removing

the z values in the objects. But since X-Plane cannot handle multiple textures without a good conversion, I would guess that can be difficult. 

Only tip is to open objects to be converted into 3DS max or Blender, then export and placed with WED. Thereby I suspect a conversion blooper by the devs. 

Mesh error is a bit of a nuisance. I would for sure be content with this on a freeware or simply then just delete those objects not aligned after 1302 flatten 1 was removed.  

But not a job done on a 30 euro payware, which should be quality good enough for sale on the consumer market. 

Now this scenery is about a year old if not mistaken, many have flown it and many still do. So this open discussion would simply point to 

a quest for a solution with in the excellent Aerosoft company or community.  Is this something that can be fixed?

A model should not care if it is in Prepare3D or FSX or 2020 or even X-Plane, it is how it is mearly how the model is uv mapped, textured and exported. 

So would anybody with knowledge of exporting and placing and perhaps fixing mesh using professtional tools like 3DS Max or Blender or even AC3D look at this?

I know Ortho4XP can perhaps fix mesh if present or create new that fits (developer did make a program for correcting mesh error that superseed meshtools by Laminar). 

I am normally pretty happy with all Aerosoft product, so I have full confidence that this can be fixed and no excuse made as to it being a conversion issue or

and Sketch Up limitation. Tools like 3DS Max or Blender can all convert files ordered to be placed in X-Plane. 

Thanks Aerosoft for many excellent products that keeps customers returning. 

Lets do this please :)

Cheers and Happy New Year to all

Tom

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A year and half later.. :D 

Thomas, thank you for pointing out what was causing the square in the mountain north of Torremolinos...

I am not a scenery guru and I was literally pulling my hair as I was seeing it , whenever I was landing in LEMG.

I agree with you. So weird, what is going on with AS / Simwings? One day I raised a complain against

GCLA's navaids behaviour and they pushed a fix within a minute.. so NO IDEA what's keeping them from fixing

this ABSOLUTE turnoff.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up , i removed the line "1302 flatten 1"  in the apt.dat within the scenery and

I can see the mountain without issues now. (I didnt try commenting it with a # , but it should work too).

As for the issue with the elevation of 3d objects: for those using ortho4xp , I just made a patch for LEMG and it works fairly well.

It does a bit of a massacre in the river/reservoir area, east of  the field, but overall works okay. So you can just create the following

directory structure in o4xp and paste the file in there. Then regenerate the tile.. and you're set.

Ortho4XP130\Patches\+30-010\+36-005\

For those without ortho4xp , I have no powers to solve it, and I have no idea how to make this issue a pressing

concern to AS.. as the moderators in these forums feel offended VERY EASILY. Seems like they werent born in the previous century. :D

It is easier for them to ban a comment than putting their arses working on a fix.

I know.. too harsh.. but It's been two years trying to find a solution for this issue with NO cooperation from the

developer side.

Happy Saturday folks.

Luis.

LEMG.patch.osm