CRJ Pro cant be loaded after unusing the Aircraft for a couple of Weeks

Zimmi

Hi all CRJ Pilots out there

I own both CRJ Versions, the first launched CRJ Version with the Models 700 + 900 and the Update Version CRJ Pro with the Models 550, 700, 900 + 1000. After Installation, they did work normaly for many Flights. I dident fly any of this Models since a couple of Weeks. 10 Days ago I did load once again a CRJ Pro Model. The Aircraft got visible in P3Dv4.5 but after about 5s the Simulator did close. I tried again with the same Result, once again with the first launched Version of the CRJ - but P3dv4.5 did close after about 5 s after the Aircraft was visible.

I did deinstall both Versions and reinstall them - with no Effect.

Does anybody else have this Problem?

Does anybody have an Idea how to fix this Problem?

10 Days ago I did Mail to the Aerosoft Support. They pleased my to run "ASVersionInfo_1101.zip" and check the "Windoes Event Display". Below thew Results of this two Steps.

ASVersionInfo.TXT

Please login to display this image.

Aerosoft Suppport said, that it seams, the Crash will happen in the File "mso20win32client". but the Supporter hadent any Idea why.

Until now, the Aerosoft Support couldent help me. Thats why I ask here if someone else had the same Problem and if someone as any Idea how to fix it.

Sincerelly

Zimmi

@Zimmi

Question: Do you use Microsoft Office?
The error message indicates a .dll shared by another program.
Maybe an update search via the Windows Updater will help?
Or you upgrade to the newer Windows version.

You are also sure that you are using the current versions of the CRJ?

Wolfgang

@ Hoffie3000

Yes, I use Microsoft Office.

I get Updates for my Machine automaticly. In the Update History the latest installed Update for Microsoft Office 2010 was (KB4486698) 64-Bit-Edition from the 10. Dezember 2020, the last Update for WIn 10 for x64- basic Systems was (KB 4592438) from the 10. Dezember 2020. So, I think, I have the newest Windows Version.

All other Airplanes like (FSL A-319, A-320, A-321, all from PMDG, Majestic Dash8-Q400, TFDI-717) does work very well mit my Windows and Office.

My P3Dv4.5 Version is: 4.5.13.32097

I did nowhere read, that a spezial Version from Office is nessessery to run CRJ PRO !!!  I think, Office is not nessessery at  all to run CRJ PRO.

I am worried to do something manuel in Windows or Office because i think, it will end up in the Situation, that this Programs also wont work correctly.

Sincerelly

Zimmi

• Deputy Sheriffs

And what version of the CRJ Pro are you running? Run the ASUpdater and it will show you which version you are using.

I also suggest to update to the latest version of P3Dv4.5

vor 13 Minuten, Zimmi sagte:

I did nowhere read, that a spezial Version from Office is nessessery to run CRJ PRO !!!  I think, Office is not nessessery at  all to run CRJ PRO.

I am worried to do something manuel in Windows or Office because i think, it will end up in the Situation, that this Programs also wont work correctly.

This was only a question - never a suggestion.

I use MS Office too and have no prob with the CRJ Pro.

No, you use the "old" version of Win10

Microsoft Windows
-----------------
Windows 10 Post April 2020 (2004) Update / Version 10.0.19042 / 64-bit

The actuall version of Win10 is:

Well if nothings else helps sometimes an upgrade can solve such dll Probs .

Wolfgang

Hi all

@ mopperle:

Aerosoft updater showes the following Versions:

CRJ: 1.2.3.0

CRJ Pro: 2.2.0.0

For both Versions, Aerosoft Updater shows: No Update avaliable.

Both CRJ Versions did run with tha actual P3Dv4.5 Version, for several Weeks. After a Brake in using the CRJ, it did suddenly not work any more.

What would you update?

Actual Client, Content and SDK is Version 4.5.13.32097, actual Basic Program Academic and Scenery is Version 4.1.7.22841.

@Hoffie3000

My Actuall Windows Version is:

I just did this Pic in Control Panel - System - Info

Sincerelly

Zimmi

• Deputy Sheriffs

The 2 links I posted above will give you the solution for the "office" error.

For the CRJ:
Run the ASUpdater, turn on "experimental updates" and it will show you the most recent update.

For P3D:

Install Hotfix 3 for P3Dv4.5

Usually updating the client is enough, but for some unknown reasons it sometimes fails and only a full update of P3D works (altough I myself never experienced such problems).

• Developer

The MS Office DLL error message is most likely related to RAAS Pro. This uses an MS Access database as far as I am aware. The CRJ itself doesn't use anything related to MS Office.

Try disabling RAAS Pro in the Add-ons menu and let us know if this fixes the issue.

HI all

First I did update CRJ Pro via "use experimental Updates" to Version 2.2.0.2 but this dident solve the Problem.

Then I did Install the latest Client for P3Dv4.5. Now the installed Version is 4.5.14.34698.

Now I will install Content and SDK to Version 4.5.14.34698 but I dont think that this will solve the Problem. I will rapport here as sonn as I have done.

@Hans Hartmann

In P3Dv4.5 in the Add-ons Menu isent a Position RAAS! Where exactly shall I disable RAAS?

Bevore I opened this Post here, Tom W. from Aerosoft did advice me to install the CRJ Por without RAAS. I did but this dident solve the Problem with the closing Simulator!

@ mopperle

I will check your 2 Links after I have finished update P3Dv4.5. I dident check them until now because there is written pretty muc and my english is not so perfect, means: To read all will take me a lot of times.

Back as soon as I have content and SDK updatet.

Sincerelly

Zimmi

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Zimmi said:

@ mopperle

I will check your 2 Links after I have finished update P3Dv4.5. I dident check them until now because there is written pretty muc and my english is not so perfect, means: To read all will take me a lot of times.

OK, to make it easier for your (and assuming you have a german Windows/Office installation):

Make a Repair installation of Office (my example for Office365):

Hi all

Content and SDK is updated to Version 4.5.14.34698, with no Effect of the CRJ Problem. CRJ still wont work.

After that, I did update Office (German Version) as mopperle did adviced, with no Effect of the CRJ Problem. Loading the CRJ will still close the Simulator.

At least I have now the newest Version of P3Dv4.5 but until now, I cant see a Different to the previoused Version.

Any further Ideas?

Sincerelly

Zimmi

Hi again

I did deinstall both CRJ Versions (normal and Pro)

I did deinstall RAAS via Controlpanel.

Than I did reinstall only the CRJ Pro Version without the locked RAAS Version. I let the Installer install True Glas.

This also dident change anything in the CRJ Problem.

I really cant understand why CRJ wont work correctly because of an Office dll although CRJ itself doesn't use anything related to MS Office. Pretty confuse for me, spezial because CRJ did work very well with the same Installation of Office and P3Dv4.5 a couple of weeks earlier.

See my poste from May 2020  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/151167-crj-pro-version-2003/&tab=comments#comment-969934

There we tested out the Autopilit of the CRJ.

I hope for the finally Solution becuase I like the CRJ.

Sincerelly

Zimmi

@zimmi

Strange, because the ASVersionInfo.txt in your post above show the older version of Win10 installed.

Microsoft Windows
-----------------
Windows 10 Post April 2020 (2004) Update / Version 10.0.19042 / 64-bit

But ok, then you have one less possible source of error.

Wolfgang

@Hoffie3000

Indeed. I just now did run ASVersionInfo again and it showes:  Windows 10 Post April 2020 (2004) Update / Version 10.0.19042 / 64-bit

I just now did rightclick Desktop, Anzeigeeinstellungen, Info: There is this Version Showed:

I did just now counter check that! It is like this.

Why will ASVersionInfo show up the older Windows Version and the OS will show up via rightclick Desktop, Anzeigeeinstellungen, Info the newer one?  Maybe this is a Start to finde out what CRJ does?  Cant it be, that CRJ will use Parts of the older Windows Version?

Sincerelly

Zimmer

• Deputy Sheriffs

What ASVersionInfo shows is correct:
It says "Post", means a version later then April 2020.

More important: Did you do the quick repair of Office or the online repair?.

• Developer

The CRJ works with any Windows 10 version. It definitely works with 20H2 because I use this version myself. It also does not use any part of Microsoft Office, not even indirectly.

Do you have any other add-ons installed that might use this? I googled the DLL and the error code and came across some posts on answers.microsoft.com where several people report issues with the Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel or Outlook). In one case, a licensing issue is mentioned, but other than that, I couldn't find anything helpful.

Just to be 100% sure: Do all the Office applications still work or does one of them cause the same or a similar error?

Also, can you please tell me which other add-ons you have installed that are loaded by the simulator (things that show up in the Add-ons menu or that you always run when you start the simulator)? Until now, with any Office errors, the culprit was always RAAS Pro. But since you didn't install it, it must be something else.

@mopperle

Aerosoft Updater showes:

****************************************************************************************************

Reguläre und experimentelle Aktualisierungen werden angezeigt

Prepar3D 4.x (4.5.14.34698) gefunden: (D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\)

:
 folder does not exist!
*** Dieses Produkt wird für Aktualisierungen nicht berücksichtigt! ***
Produktname: Aerosoft CRJ Professional for Prepar3D v4.x

Add-on Pfad: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Professional

Installierte Version: 2.2.0.2
Für dieses Produkt sind keine Aktualisierungen verfügbar!

****************************************************************************************************

Maybe the from me Highlited Text could be interesting for you!

Office Repair:

I did first the Quick Repair (about 1 Minute), after no Sucsess, I did the Online Repair (about 20 Minutes). Both dident solve the CRJ Problem.

@Hans Hartmann

I have Windows Version 20H2 (see Screenshot 3 Postings above).

I wont use Microsoft Outlook. Insteed of that I use Thunderbird but i use it since 3 years on this Machine without any Troubles. I also did use it in the Time when CRJ did work normaly.

I  just before did creat new Files and save them from:

Microsoft Word

Microsoft RTF

Microsoft Power Point-Presentation

Microsoft Excel

So far, they work for me normaly. I use Microsoft  Word and Excel concret, the other both I just tried by creating a File and save that. Couldent detect anything unusual!

Just bevor I did the following:

Enable all Addon Sceneries in P3Dv4.5.

Restart the Machine.

Start P3Dv4.5 with Standart Flight with the F-16

Load the CRJ

P3Dv4.5 did crash as i discripted above. I dident active load any other Program. Normaly I load Active Sky, Little Navmap, Task Manager, CPU Real Temp and GPU-Z. All this Programs I als did load in the Time where CRJ did work normaly.

P3Dv4.5 Add-ons Menu showes the following Programs:

Accu-Feel

FSLabs Spotlights

FSLabs

SODE 1.7.1

FSUIPC

All this Programes I did use in the Time where CRJ did work normaly.

I never did buy RAAS. CRJ will install a Locked Version of RAAS but I did install CRJ without this locked RAAS Version and it dident matter.

Sincerelly

Zimmi

On 2.1.2021 at 21:32, Zimmi sagte:

Than I did reinstall only the CRJ Pro Version without the locked RAAS Version. I let the Installer install True Glas.

@Zimmi

Now you have managed to confuse me completely 🙂

Above you wrote about the Pro, but the addon path shows the space for the "old" CRJ_Version - inside P3D?
But the Pro version should be installed outside P3D.

Maybe some Windows update caused these problems.
My Office version is older and 32bit, but I have never had this error even with installed RAAS

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs

Zimmi as I have shown you above, this is NOT a CRJ problem. As the 2 topics in the P3D forum shows, this kind of error also appeared for users not having the CRJ. In all cases a repair installation of Office solved the problem. So it is absolutely clear, that on your specific system, something is not as expected. Sorry to say that, but this is a problem we can not solve.

@Hoffie3000

I am sorry to drive you confuse but confuse is, what I am since a couple of days with this CRJ Problem.

The Path is what Aerosoft Update showes me. During Installation,  I dident point to an spezial Path. I did install the CRJ where the Installationsprogram wanted to have it.

Maybe I will deinstall the CRJ and reinstall it again. It is easy for me to reinstall the CRJ anywhere else but I would like to know the Path, where (outside of P3Dv4.5) it should be installed. My installer does point to:   D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Aerosoft CRJ Professional. Please tell me the Path where you would like me to reinstall the CRJ! 

@mopperle:

Maybe it is not a CRJ Problem but P3Dv4.5 closes only and every Times exactly when I load the CRJ. I am not a Professional but if P3Dv4.5 closes only after loading the CRJ and after loading all other Aircrafts like FSLabs A320, Majestic Das8 Q400, TFDI Design B-717 ect, nothing saddly happens.

Would you advice me to deinstall Office and reinstall it again? I did read that, after deinstall Office, either P3Dv4.5 wont work further at all or after reinstalling Office CRJ will work again but after one Day, when it was updated by Windows, the same Trouble show up again!

Sincerelly

Zimmi

@Zimmi

The big advantage with P3D is the installation method using the xml file.

LM recommends to install all addons outside the P3D main directory. This has advantages with later P3D updates.

All Aerosoft products support this method of installation.

You have free choice where on your PC you want to install the software.

I have created separate folders for P3D aircraft and P3D sceneries and specify these folders accordingly during the installation. This works perfectly.

Hi all

What I did today:

1. Removed CRJ, reinstalled in an Folder outside of P3Dv4.5 (as adviced from Hoffie3000), updated via AS Updater to 2.2.00               => NO SUGSESS !!! , P3Dv4.5 still working

2. Removed Office Home and Student 2016, CRJ is still updated via AS Updater to 2.2.00                                                                           => NO SUCSESS !!! , P3Dv4.5 still working

3. Removed CRJ again, reinstalled in an Folder outside of P3Dv4.5 (with no Office on the Machine), updated via AS Updater to 2.2.00 => NO SUGSESS !!! , P3Dv4.5 still working

4. Removed CRJ again, reinstalled in an Folder outside of P3Dv4.5 with RAAS, updated via AS Updater to 2.2.00                                     => NO SUGSESS !!! , P3Dv4.5 NOT WORKING ANY MORE !!!  Cant start the P3Dv4.5. Click on App => nothing happens!

5. Removed RAAS via Controlpanel                                                                                                                                                                      => P3Dv4.5 is working again ( I thank God for that), but still the CRJ Pro Problem.

RAAS seams to be only a Part of the Problem because after reinstalling CRJ Pro without RAAS (Points 1 - 3), it did not solve the Problem with the CRJ but P3Dv4.5 (with and without Office) still did work. CRJ installed (with and without Office) but with RAAS did kill the P3Dv4.5! Deinstall RAAS via Controlpanel => P3Dv4.5 is working again. Now I have to reinstall Office.

Fact is:

I had only Problems when loading the CRJ !!!

I had no Problems at all with Office !!!

I had no Problems at all with any other Programs, spezial not with other Airccrafts like PMDG, FSLabs Airbus, Majestic TFDI and more !!!

I am not a Professional but in my Case it is absolutely a Problem with the CRJ. Maybe there is an interaction with RAAS, maybe with RAAS and Office, but the Problem starts, when loading the CRJ. Before loading the CRJ I couldent detect any Problems at all !!!

It is not helpful in this Situation to point the user to Microsoft. Shall I indeed force Microsoft to repair the File "mso20win32client.dll" as long as I have no Problems with Office or any other Microsoft Program? As long, as the Profesionals from CRJ say this Microsoft dll is the Reason why the CRJ wont work any more, the CRJ Porfesionals should contact Microsoft, not the User. I can't prove it but it occurred to me that the CRJ programmers are not contacting Microsoft because they are not convinced that this dll is the cause and Microsoft also will say exactly that.

I really did like the CRJ but at this Point, I can`t advice the CRJ to the user, neither the 1. Edition nor The CRJ Pro Edition because they can end up in a Situation simmilar to mine. I really hope the CRJ will be updatet very soon so that it will work as any other first class Addon Aircrafts.

I am very interested what will happen now.

Sincerelly

Zimmi

Hi all

Correction to my Posting above, from 1 h ago:

In the above Posting I did update every time to Version 2.2.0.2 - not 2.2.00

In the meantime I did reinstall Office Home Student 2016 Version 16.0.13426.20404 via the today fresh downloadet "OffoceSetup.exe". Office is working again (as before) without any Problems but the Problem with the CRJ is still remaining.

After all, I really cant belive that the Problem ist caused by the Office "mso20win32client.dll".

Sincerelly

Zimmi

• Developer

It may not be caused by mso20win32client.dll but rather something that uses the DLL. The CRJ does not. There is absolutely nothing in the CRJ that makes any uses of Microsoft Office or its components.

Whatever causes this issue, it's not the CRJ.

Archived