P3Dv4.3 Airbus 320/321 will not follow flight director

tdenbrock

Hello to all. I have searched and searched and watched all the videos I can but I still cannot get my Airbus Professional 320/321 to follow the flight director. I have P3Dv4.4. Can someone "PLEASE" Help me on this matter. I have read all the forums but there is no definitive answer to my problem.  I've aligned the IRS/Nav and selected Align Nav before I put in my my flight plan and I have tried after I put in my flight plan. I have all my Fuel and weights inputted correctly.  No matter what I have tried it will not follow the flight director. I have my AFCS panel all set in Auto Mode (all dots are showing on the panel)  I've even tried to manual fly then select Nav Mode but nothing works.... I just don't know what else to do.    

V/r

Tom Denbrock

• Deputy Sheriffs

Tom,

in a first step you should update P3D to v4.5 with Hotfix 3 installed. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Bus installed. Major versions are available in your shop accout, smaller updates are done via the ASUpdater (experimental updates tirned on).

When you exactly follow the step-by-step guide, you learn everything to properly configure the Bus and how to fly it. if you still have issues, you have missed an important step.

To further help, we need to knwo, what exactly you have done, at which moment it doesnt not follow the flightpath. Show us screenshots from your PFD, ND, FCU and left MCDU with the flifgplan page.

I don't want to pay the extra money for Version 4.5.  There is nothing on your website that tells me I needed v4.5 otherwise I would of never bought it.  The other problem I am having is that the AFCS panel  has no lighting.  I am not sure where to go to get the latest version of this AC. I went to the home site of Aerosoft but there is nothing telling me I need to update. I have tried to go step by step but the one that came with  it use doesn't match the same situation in my airplane. The LSK keys needing to be selected are not the same ones on this aircraft.

This what the tutorial tells me what to do but there is no thing to push to confirm the alignment in the LSK 3R  ( SEE SECOND PHTOT )

ALIGN IRS: Please press LSK 3R to enter the IRS INIT page and LSK3R again to confirm the position. Aligning the IRS will take 6 minutes and the status is displayed on the E/WD in the status section. If the IRS is aligned the PFD and ND change to the standard view.

Please login to display this image.

Sir  I followed everything to the letter. Here are some pics I wanted you to see when I select AP1. Notice the amber warning I get once I select AP1 n Picture 3

I really want to learn how to fly this airplane. I truly enjoy it's features and I enjoy the predeparture procedures I must do before TO.  Please help me in this matter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but P3Dv4.5 is a must have.

The Airbus is always compiled with the latest SDK. If then there is a miss match, AP will do it’s own.

P3Dv4.5 is a free update. Check your shop account downloads at Prepar3d.com
P3Dv5 would be a new purchase.

Aligning process was changed. Just turn the 3 IRS to NAV and the Bus will auto align.

Latest Airbus installer can be downloaded from your shop account.

Then run the Aerosoft Updater, link should be on your desktop. There enable experimental updates, to get the very latest.

• Deputy Sheriffs
45 minutes ago, tdenbrock said:

FYI  I just recently purchased the Airbus a couple of months ago so I should have the latest updates ...yes?

No.

26.10. , 28.10. and 23.11.  had been the last updates.

Next bigger is currently in preparation.

I Have version 1.3.1 on Airbus 320/321 Professional. Your Shop shows it as the latest update.  I don't understand all these other 26.10. 28.10  23.11 and what it means.  I don't know where to go to get  them

I took your advice and updated to V4.5  I have to say you are right and I wish to apologize for my frustrations.   It is now following the Flight director. The problem I have now is the AFSC panel has no lighting. I have all the INTEG Knobs turned up but for some reason the AFCS panel will not light up. Is there a correction for this?

V/r

Tom Denbrock

I never noticed them before...I want to thank you for your continuing dedication in helping me in this. I greatly appreciate it.  I truly enjoy flying this AC now....  I wish you a Great and wonderful year in 2021

V/r

Tom Denbrock

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived