Sim-Wings EDDM - FPS impact

Piper9t3

Finally able to do my first flight into Sim-Wing's EDDM today but the experience was unfortunately not pleasant for me.  I am running a decent system (Ryzen 9 3900XT CPU, RTX 2080Ti GPU, 32GB Ram) and was getting low (12-18 FPS) and unstable FPS when in the vicinity of EDDM.

My graphic settings have consistently provided me steady 30-40 FPS but this is now first time for me getting such low and unstable frames in MSFS.  I believe some scenery optimization would help improve the performance. 

I am curious if any other user experiences unstable/low fps with this scenery?  

3 hours ago, Piper9t3 said:

Finally able to do my first flight into Sim-Wing's EDDM today but the experience was unfortunately not pleasant for me.  I am running a decent system (Ryzen 9 3900XT CPU, RTX 2080Ti GPU, 32GB Ram) and was getting low (12-18 FPS) and unstable FPS when in the vicinity of EDDM.

My graphic settings have consistently provided me steady 30-40 FPS but this is now first time for me getting such low and unstable frames in MSFS.  I believe some scenery optimization would help improve the performance. 

I am curious if any other user experiences unstable/low fps with this scenery?  

Yes - I'm on the 3090, and also gets low FPS on approach, not after landing, but on final

Well tried another approach this time from the south and as I was coming in on the KOGO4A approach it CTD just past KOGOL! 

My frames were holding steady to KOGOL but could not get closer to EDDM to check the fps.  

All other community addons were deactivated as well (except Navigraph data).  

I am skeptical the CTD is solved because even with latest version 1.02 installed I still experienced CTD per my previous post.  

Scenery is also not too frame friendly as others have also posted. 

Will need to keep testing and report back....

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Do try without Navigraph as we have some reports this might cause issues. I assume you have the latest Navigraph data as they updated it to solve some issues.

I have updated the Navigraph data and was able to complete a flight into EDDM with no CTD and steady FPS.  Hope it stays that way! 

Btw, I am looking forward to trying the same flight in your CRJ 😉

Archived