Bravo throttle: various profiles and aircraft types

I received my 'Bravo' today and am still overwelmed by all possible options. One thing I would like to be clarified in order to make a proper setup.

I have noticed that you can have different profiles, either self made or downloaded from the site.  Via the configurator you have to activate one specific profile which is then binded into, in my case,  X-plane 11. 

Within X-plane there is the option to define additional settings or options and store them also in a profile, e.g. the ZIBO mod.

But what will happen if I activate e.g. an G/A profile in the HC configurator and select the ZIBO mod profile in X-plane thereafter?   Or in general terms: what is the best way to set up some profiles for the various groups of aircraft types in use. 

• 2 weeks later...

to make it sinmple it seems  easier to  spend a bit more time and make as many config /setup as possible  in the HC configurator, then u dont have to have so many  duplication and dependencies going on all the time , so the less u need in X-plane the easier it will be  ( just takes  slightly more time and tinkering to get it  set up in HC  but then it´s smooth sailing ) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 4:24 AM, badmannen said:

to make it sinmple it seems  easier to  spend a bit more time and make as many config /setup as possible  in the HC configurator, then u dont have to have so many  duplication and dependencies going on all the time , so the less u need in X-plane the easier it will be  ( just takes  slightly more time and tinkering to get it  set up in HC  but then it´s smooth sailing ) 

I'm actually of the opposite opinion (and that's all it is, for what it's worth)... anything that can be configured in X-Plane Joystick settings SHOULD be set there since you can create profiles that are automatically assigned to an aircraft or several aircraft and you don't have to switch things around manually.  The only things that should be configured in the HC Configurator are items that CANNOT be configured in XP - specifically the LEDs and the rotary knobs as well as items that need to use datarefs instead of commands.  Keep your HC configuration as simple/generic as possible.

If you DO need to have multiple profiles in the HC Configurator, you can still change them after starting your flight.  Just start the configurator, select the desired profile and activate it.  Then in XP, go to the plugins menu, select the Honeycomb plugin menu, then the device (Yoke or Throttle) and click "Reload Bindings"  this will load the currently active profile and everything will be set up according to that profile.  It's no problem (as far as I have found) to swap profiles this way and works well when you switch aircraft to one that needs a different profile.

So you have options and I'm not sure either approach is correct/incorrect.  It's just a matter of what is more convenient for your specific circumstances.

Highspeed

I was working on setting up the Zibo profile today, and downloaded the available .json profile. I have the Zibo profile separate from the default in HC configurator, and successfully reloaded bindings via plugin while in Zibo. The HC profile contains many bindings for the buttons, but when I go into the X-Plane configurator, it does not show any of these buttons as assigned (they show 'do nothing). It seemed that the plugin worked to activate profile, but not sure if I should then see corresponding key bindings in X Plane.

• Aerosoft

Hi Brian:

as the ConfigTool profiles bypass X-Planes control handling, the button bindings in the ConfigTool are completely independent from the X-Plane ones, so whatever is assigned there will not show up in the sim menu. "Do nothing" is exactly what you want to see as otherwise you would have doubled commands. 

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Downloading the Zibo profile is way easier than trying to decide on what to bind!

The TBM will be easier, less options!

Lovely piece of kit.

• 2 months later...
  • Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived