An idea for the Honeycomb configuration utility

Hi Aerosoft team,

Just a quick one, is there a way to put a value in the 'value box' of a honeycomb configurator variable that will increase the existing value of that variable by XXX amount?

i.e. my exact challenge is, I've almost finished a Bravo profile for the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended. The last setting I'd like to set is the altitude alert number. I was going to map this to the normal Alt Increase/Decrease dials. Here's the challenge though.

Please login to display this image.

The variable to change the altitude alert number is L:Alt_alert_setting but this variable wants an absolute number. So If I put 100 in as the value, it sets it to 100 exactly, rather than increasing it by 100. 

If I was coding this, I would just use +=100 or -=100 to increment the existing value by 100 (or whatever value,) but this has no affect in the Honeycomb configurator. It also doesn't like Alt_alert_setting + 100 as a value (worth a try 😉 )

Any ideas whether this functionality exists and if not, do you think it could be introduced at some stage?

Cheers,

Mark.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mark,

no, this possibility is not yet there. But as I've stumbled across the same use case like you have, we will think about how to incorporate it into the current plugin infrastructure in the future.

Thanks for your thoughts on the issue.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 8:26 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi Mark,

no, this possibility is not yet there. But as I've stumbled across the same use case like you have, we will think about how to incorporate it into the current plugin infrastructure in the future.

Thanks for your thoughts on the issue.

It would be good if the "Value" could be assigned to something like "<dataref_name> + 1" or "<dataref_name> - 10" such that the plugin would read the dataref and add/subtract the specified value to/from the existing value and assign that new value to the dataref.

This is, of course, specifically X-Plane "language" but the same concept can be applied to any of the simulators.

EDIT:  I just re-read the initial post and that indicated a similar concept.  I do hope this can be worked out soon.  Thanks.

Highspeed

• Aerosoft
vor 1 minute, Highspeed1964 sagte:

It would be good if the "Value" could be assigned to something like "<dataref_name> + 1" or "<dataref_name> - 10" such that the plugin would read the dataref and add/subtract the specified value to/from the existing value and assign that new value to the dataref.

This is, of course, specifically X-Plane "language" but the same concept can be applied to any of the simulators.

EDIT:  I just re-read the initial post and that indicated a similar concept.  I do hope this can be worked out soon.  Thanks.

Highspeed

Hi,

let me point you to this post.

• Aerosoft

..you will actually be able to use +=100 or -=100 as values and also define boundaries so that when the value reaches its max, it can stick there or flip back to its min.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:05 AM, BenBaron said:

..you will actually be able to use +=100 or -=100 as values and also define boundaries so that when the value reaches its max, it can stick there or flip back to its min.

This is awesome!  Do you have any idea when the new version might be available?

• Aerosoft
Vor 1 Stunde, Highspeed1964 sagte:

This is awesome!  Do you have any idea when the new version might be available?

Well: we spent the last month implementing new features like this one and bugfixes. At the same time I handwrote the upcoming profiles for our Airbusses and CRJ, which will be maxing out on what currently can be done feature-wise.

Last weekend I've spent a considerable amount of time to bring those profiles into the new ConfigTool making sure that also there things work smoothly.

So..right now we are more or less only giving some finishing touches as functionality-wise everything is in and working...so it's not far from release.

Archived