Thrustmaster - TCA Quadrant Add-On

AVFC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 8:51 PM, masterhawk said:

Dev is looking into it.

Any progress on the flap issue or could you at least give an estimate when a sollution is expected?

I purchased the add-on from the Aerosoft.com shop two and half month ago and I even spend additional 38 euro on FSUIPC, but programming with FSUIPC is not possible due to number of detents on the Aerosoft Airbus (6 detents/position for some reasons).

Please login to display this image.

I am a bit disapointed that no fix has been released yet, but maybe development on this product is terminated?

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 minutes ago, AVFC said:

Any progress on the flap issue or could you at least give an estimate when a sollution is expected?

I purchased the add-on from the Aerosoft.com shop two and half month ago and I even spend additional 38 euro on FSUIPC, but programming with FSUIPC is not possible due to number of detents on the Aerosoft Airbus (6 detents/position for some reasons).

I am a bit disapointed that no fix has been released yet, but maybe development on this product is terminated?

The reason is that Flap 1 and Flap 1+F are separete settings.
Maybe some logic can be added in FSUIPC setting the correct detend, dependng on phase of flight until we have a solution in our product.

The dev is on it, but I have no timeframe.

27 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

The reason is that Flap 1 and Flap 1+F are separete settings.
Maybe some logic can be added in FSUIPC setting the correct detend, dependng on phase of flight until we have a solution in our product.

The dev is on it, but I have no timeframe.

No ground/flight phase detection of FSUIPC Offset for Flight Phases: - FSUIPC Support Pete Dowson Modules - The simFlight Network Forums

No timeframe at all? Weeks/months/years? 

• Deputy Sheriffs
36 minutes ago, AVFC said:

No ground/flight phase detection of FSUIPC Offset for Flight Phases: - FSUIPC Support Pete Dowson Modules - The simFlight Network Forums

No timeframe at all? Weeks/months/years? 

I cant tell regarding time.

Flaps 1 or 1+F is speed controled.

A32S:

W

A333:

11 hours ago, AVFC said:

Hi,

I managed to make a setup in FSUIPC that makes the Flaps-leveler work.  

I assigned the specific ranges of the axis to increase or decrease flaps step by step between a certain range, moving down to increase en moving up to decrease.  This you can do in the axis assignment-tab as were you can select a specific command of prepar3d into a specific range.  Or select a specific command when you leave a certain range.   In that way you can make a logic sequence to increase and decrease the flaps.

I will post a screenshot tomorrow (typing on my laptop now, away from my home PC where my Prepar3d is installed) first thing in the morning!

grz,

M

2 hours ago, Mitch BT said:

Hi,

I managed to make a setup in FSUIPC that makes the Flaps-leveler work.  

I assigned the specific ranges of the axis to increase or decrease flaps step by step between a certain range, moving down to increase en moving up to decrease.  This you can do in the axis assignment-tab as were you can select a specific command of prepar3d into a specific range.  Or select a specific command when you leave a certain range.   In that way you can make a logic sequence to increase and decrease the flaps.

I will post a screenshot tomorrow (typing on my laptop now, away from my home PC where my Prepar3d is installed) first thing in the morning!

grz,

M

Hi Mitch,

Thanks you for pointing me in the right direction.

My Thrustmaster flap lever is now syncronized to the sim flap lever with below FSUIPC6.ini file settings: 

[Axes.A320] 
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=1Z,256
1=1Z,U,14654,16383,65595,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_UP }-
2=1Z,D,7436,9937,65758,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_INCR }-
3=1Z,D,840,1864,65758,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_INCR }-
4=1Z,D,-6844,-4414,65758,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_INCR }-
5=1Z,D,-16384,-14601,65603,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_DOWN }-
6=1Z,U,-9419,-6586,65759,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_DECR }-
7=1Z,U,-712,804,65759,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_DECR }-
8=1Z,U,4043,7348,65759,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_DECR }-

Examples:

Range no. 1 (FLAPS 0 )

Range no. 2 (FLAPS 0 to FLAPS 1 )

Range no. 7 (FLAPS 3 to FLAPS 2 )

Range no. 5 (FLAPS FULL): 

This is the first time I use FSUIPC and maybe the above setting could be optimized, please feel free to post your settings.

Many thanks - you are a star.

13 hours ago, AVFC said:

Hi Mitch,

Thanks you for pointing me in the right direction.

My Thrustmaster flap lever is now syncronized to the sim flap lever with below FSUIPC6.ini file settings: 

[Axes.A320] 
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=1Z,256
1=1Z,U,14654,16383,65595,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_UP }-
2=1Z,D,7436,9937,65758,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_INCR }-
3=1Z,D,840,1864,65758,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_INCR }-
4=1Z,D,-6844,-4414,65758,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_INCR }-
5=1Z,D,-16384,-14601,65603,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_DOWN }-
6=1Z,U,-9419,-6586,65759,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_DECR }-
7=1Z,U,-712,804,65759,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_DECR }-
8=1Z,U,4043,7348,65759,0    -{ Entering=FLAPS_DECR }-

Examples:

Range no. 1 (FLAPS 0 )

Range no. 2 (FLAPS 0 to FLAPS 1 )

Range no. 7 (FLAPS 3 to FLAPS 2 )

Range no. 5 (FLAPS FULL): 

This is the first time I use FSUIPC and maybe the above setting could be optimized, please feel free to post your settings.

Many thanks - you are a star.

Owkay, you've got my message 😉  No need to post similar screenshots 😉  It all depends on how you set the ranges of the flap leveler.

I'm glad you managed. 

grtz,

M

• 2 months later...

OK, so I got the Add-On and have the same issue with FLAPS 2 position.

Do we have any resolution of this issue by now?

--

And just to share some frustration - I wonder what exactly those guys from Thurstmaster were thinking during design phase?

Did they check what A320 models are available for existing flightsims?

Did they even tried to use prototype with MSFS, P3D or X-plane? I do not think so as even most basic features do not work without cumbersome tweaking.

I wonder if such a big distributor as Aerosoft has a communication channel to ask such questions?

Because I can imagine 2 answers:

no, we did not test out flight simulator accessories with any flight simulator available

OR

yes, we did. 

in latter case - secodn question - and what were your results?

end of rant

Cheers,

&

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 6/2/2021 at 7:20 PM, sholay said:

OK, so I got the Add-On and have the same issue with FLAPS 2 position.

Do we have any resolution of this issue by now?

For the solution by FSUIPC you have to use your own gateway values for the different detends.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:32 PM, masterhawk said:

We have a pending update, that will incorporate full TCA Addon support.

Sorry to interrupt on this thread, but will the support also fix the issue where the throttle quadrant stays at around 20% thrust when in Idle and also fix the issues where the reverser doesn't work on the 330?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, Haleef I said:

he throttle quadrant stays at around 20% thrust when in Idle

That’s a driver/P3D/calibration problem. 
The bus just takes the values offered by the sim.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Haleef I said:

also fix the issues where the reverser doesn't work on the 330?

My advice is to enable the virtual buttons and map the reverse buttons to reverse key (F2)

38 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

My advice is to enable the virtual buttons and map the reverse buttons to reverse key (F2)

OK. How do I fix the issue where the thrust levers will stay on Idle when I Idle the quadrant? I hope this shall be fixed in the future update? I personally bought the officer pack because of the 330 :) 

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, Haleef I said:

OK. How do I fix the issue where the thrust levers will stay on Idle when I Idle the quadrant? I hope this shall be fixed in the future update? I personally bought the officer pack because of the 330 :) 

Recalibrate the hardware, reinstall drivers, be sure to have latest drivers and firmware.

Reset P3D incl. the keybindings.

Maybe you find some tips in this topic, where users had similar problems.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156444-tca-support-for-the-aerosoft-busses-and-update-schedule/

7 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Recalibrate the hardware, reinstall drivers, be sure to have latest drivers and firmware.

Reset P3D incl. the keybindings.

Maybe you find some tips in this topic, where users had similar problems.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156444-tca-support-for-the-aerosoft-busses-and-update-schedule/

Got the Officer pack last night, calibrated everything, drivers and firmware are new and updated to the latest.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi,

As per "Masterhawk":

"We have a pending update, that will incorporate full TCA Addon support".

Is there any news on this issue

The release of 5.2 requires some more testing, if still all is working as expected. But the release isn’t far away.

Bob,

Thanks for reply.

I am a little confused now "the release 5.2" of what?

I hope I am on the right forum page, since I am looking for the Airbus series to work with the TM TCA Throttle Quadrant as well as the TM TCA Addons.

Thanks for reply

vor 13 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

The release of 5.2 requires some more testing, if still all is working as expected. But the release isn’t far away.

Hey,

will the update come via Updater or a full new build?

Just asking cause I am doing a reinstallation and dont want to install a old version if a new one is coming :D

BR

Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Bob,

Thanks for reply.

I am a little confused now "the release 5.2" of what?

I hope I am on the right forum page, since I am looking for the Airbus series to work with the TM TCA Throttle Quadrant as well as the TM TCA Addons.

Thanks for reply

Prepar3D v5.2 was released few days ago.

• Deputy Sheriffs
31 minutes ago, Bernd E. said:

Hey,

will the update come via Updater or a full new build?

Just asking cause I am doing a reinstallation and dont want to install a old version if a new one is coming :D

BR

Bernd

Full new

Hi Bob,

I am still running P3Dv4, so is there some thread or area where I can read/see how to setup the TM TCA Addons (Flaps, Gear, Spoilers etc). I have the TM TCA Throttlequadrant working.

Thanks for help

Archived