Thrustmaster - TCA Quadrant Add-On

AVFC

Hello Aerosoft Forum,

Yesterday I received shipping confirmation for my TM TCA Quadrant Add-On from Aerosoft Shop. Really a nice surprice 😊 thank you.

Any update planned for key assignment/mapping (landing gear, parking brake ect.) or is the new device plug&play?

Take care.

Brgds.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for reply, but the question concerns TM TCA Quadrant Add-On (flap and spoiler module):

Please login to display this image.

I am on latest version (1.4.1.2 and 1.0.3.2) and there is no information in vol1 or THRUSTMASTER TCA CONTROLS documentation regarding key assignment for the expansion modules.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, AVFC said:

Thank you for reply, but the question concerns TM TCA Quadrant Add-On (flap and spoiler module):

I am on latest version (1.4.1.2 and 1.0.3.2) and there is no information in vol1 or THRUSTMASTER TCA CONTROLS documentation regarding key assignment for the expansion modules.

Try the default P3D commands for buttons and axes.
I receive mine tomorrow, then I can test.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Chun Yiu Tsui said:

I think you can set up the add-on with default keys. however I'm not sure whether the autobrake knob are workable

Autobrake will be tricky. We need 3 buttons and they have the A350 Rotary modeled.

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

Autobrake will be tricky. We need 3 buttons and they have the A350 Rotary modeled.

yes, rest of the function can be achieved by p3d's default keys. So i think auto break is the only thing aerosoft must set up for us

• 2 weeks later...

Would you mind sharing how you set these up? I'm having difficulty assigning the gear lever to perform gear up vs. gear down as well as the parking brake switch to perform on vs. off. The respective actions only work when moving the switch in one direction. I'm also having some issues with the flap detents not being quite in the right position when moving the handle. I'm not even messing with the autobrake until official support is given (that's a bit out of my knowledge range). I appreciate any help you might be able to provide! 

15 hours ago, swa-midway said:

Would you mind sharing how you set these up? I'm having difficulty assigning the gear lever to perform gear up vs. gear down as well as the parking brake switch to perform on vs. off. The respective actions only work when moving the switch in one direction. I'm also having some issues with the flap detents not being quite in the right position when moving the handle. I'm not even messing with the autobrake until official support is given (that's a bit out of my knowledge range). I appreciate any help you might be able to provide! 

I agree with you, the Flap axis has some problem with Flap 2, its impossible to set it to Flaps2 unless it is being placed between Flaps 2 and 3 @masterhawk

Yeah I just received mine today and would like to start setting up...

I have the main Quadrant setup and no issues, works perfectly. - Would be nice to see an update for the Quad Addon for the new functions.

I'd be happy to share how I set mine up so far. It's not perfect by any means, but it gets the job done until Aerosoft provides official support.

1. In P3D, assign Z Axis to "Flaps axis" - I have the Sensitivity all the way to the right and Null Zone all the way to the left. There are issues with the Flap 2 detent which I hope Aerosoft will address. But it will set if you move the handle just beyond Flaps 2.
  2. Assign Rz Axis to "Spolier axis" - This actually worked well out of the box for me. No adjustments needed
  3. Button 17 to "Rudder trim (center)"; Button 18 to "Rudder trim (left)"; Button 19 to "Rudder trim (right)"
  4. Button 20 to "Brakes (set parking)"; then another entry for Button 20 to "Brakes (set parking)" but select "ON RELEASE"
  5. Button 21 to "Landing gear (extend/retract)"; then another entry for Button 21 to "Landing gear (extend/retract)" but select "ON RELEASE"

For obvious reasons, I left the autobrake alone until official support is given. I hope this helps!

Jordan

Hallo Jordan,

danke für Deine Tips zum Einrichten.

Bei mir sind noch folgende Zuweisungen nicht o.k.

- wie kann man Spoilers (GND SPLRS Armed) armen, muß man evtl. am Joystick auf eine Taste legen.

- Auto BRK Drehschalter keine Funktion

- ja, mit den Flaps muß noch etwas geschehen.

Gruß Helmut

Hello Jordan,

thank you for your tips about the setup.

With me are still the following things not o.k..

- how can you arm Spoilers (GND SPLRS Armed), you may have to put on a button on the joystick.

- Auto BRK rotary switch no function

- yes, something has to be done with the flaps.

27 minutes ago, Helmut Brandt said:

Hello Jordan,

thank you for your tips about the setup.

- how can you arm Spoilers (GND SPLRS Armed), you may have to put on a button on the joystick.

Not a problem. I forgot to mention the GND SPLRS. I was thinking about assigning the ARM function to one of the buttons under the engine start switches. That seems like an efficient place to put it for me. 

That should cover everything except the Flaps and Autobrake which unfortunately are beyond my knowledge level on this topic. But this is a good start. I'm sure we'll hear something from the Aerosoft team as soon as they have it working on their end.

Jordan

• 3 weeks later...
On 13.1.2021 at 20:49, Helmut Brandt sagte:

Bei mir sind noch folgende Zuweisungen nicht o.k.

- wie kann man Spoilers (GND SPLRS Armed) armen, muß man evtl. am Joystick auf eine Taste legen.

- Auto BRK Drehschalter keine Funktion

- ja, mit den Flaps muß noch etwas geschehen.

Gruß Helmut

Hallo Bob, hallo Aerosoftteam,

gibt es noch nichts Neues bzgl. der Anpassungen für die Airbusse prof.

Gruß Helmut

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Helmut Brandt said:

Hallo Bob, hallo Aerosoftteam,

gibt es noch nichts Neues bzgl. der Anpassungen für die Airbusse prof.

Gruß Helmut

Sorry, no news right now.

Hi @masterhawk

May I dare to ask if there is any news on this matter or if you kindly could estimate an expected time frame for a solution or workaround, as no quick fix seems to be evident.

Many thanks and have a nice weekend.

Brgds 

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 hours ago, AVFC said:

Hi @masterhawk

May I dare to ask if there is any news on this matter or if you kindly could estimate an expected time frame for a solution or workaround, as no quick fix seems to be evident.

Many thanks and have a nice weekend.

Brgds 

Sorry, no timeline avail. It is on the to do list.

Archived