Simwings EDDM Pro error? No!

masterhawk

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi @OPabst, @Autopiloth
is there a script error for the ORBX tiles version? Calling two times FA textures?

Also intended to have a *.bmp and not *.dds texture?
Are *.20 ... *.100 required?

Please login to display this image.

Was running P3D v5.1 HF1

• Developer

Hi Bob,

alles was Du da zeigst ist völlig ok so:

1.) Da Orbx im März statt einer grünen Sommertexture eine braune Herbstvariante auf den Landclassen verwendet, wir hier die Herbstversion der EDDM Texturen nicht nur im Monat 11, sondern auch im Monat 3 durch den Script geschaltet.

2.) die nightlayer Texture ist eine 32bit Bitmap Texture und da passt die Endung so, hat aber auch nichts mit den Scripten zu tun, die wird nicht Jahreszeitabhängig geändert, gilt immer.

3.) Die Rwy_Lightb.xx Texturen werden durch das Config Tool je nach dortiger Einstellung für die Helligkeit der Runwaybeleuchtung aktiviert, sind also genau so korrekt.

Also alles fein hier.

Ups, was ask in english, so here the translate:

everything you show there is completely ok so:
1.) Since Orbx uses a brown autumn texture instead of a green summer texture on the landclasses in March, the autumn version of the EDDM textures is switched by the script not only in month 11, but also in month 3.

2) the nightlayer texture is a 32bit bitmap texture and so the ending fits, but it has nothing to do with the scripts, it is not changed depending on the season, it is always valid.

3.) The Rwy_Lightb.xx textures are activated by the Config Tool according to the settings for the brightness of the runway lighting, so they are just as correct.

So everything fine here.

• Developer
1 minute ago, masterhawk said:

Thanks, 

I’m searching for the source of the script content errors. So it’s not EDDM.

We have idea for that, an test will be done and provided maybe tomorrow.

• OPabst changed the title to Simwings EDDM Pro error? No!
  • Deputy Sheriffs
19 hours ago, OPabst said:

We have idea for that, an test will be done and provided maybe tomorrow.

Just for info, with the update I still have the contenterrors.

• Developer
10 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Just for info, with the update I still have the contenterrors.

Then deregister EDDM/EDDH and check at the default airport, if the contentlog still has this errors.

I never see this lua error here. Maybe a AI Aircraft.

PS: When you see this massiv lua errors in the log, it is possible that the scriptengine is crashed and the correct scripts of EEDM/EDDH not anymore executed and so the textures are always summer.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, I tested it with AIG Trafic off. EDDM is working fine. With the traffic, problems... and the script errors.

But...
Might be the problem, that AIG is using also T:EmissiveTexture but hasn't declared it local in theire 169 scripts?

Can Simwings maybe use a different name in theire 2 scripts?

• Developer

Yes, the scripts you show here makes no sense:

One issue is, that the variable Texture is not declared before assigned as local, like scale. So this variable is hold maybe as global, maybe critical.

But the complete script is useless, because the assigned Names to Texture, which later is set the Nighttexture (EmissiveTexure) at the end, is the same for Cabinelight >0 or the else variante (<=0)

But I don‘t think that this scripts are the problem reported in the log, maybe there is one other in any of the aircrafts, where the T: is missing in the varset parameter, because then the log error makes sense. 

And I also think, that not a logged issue will kill the cat, because LM see the bug and makes a log of it. The error which kills the engine is maybe not log, because it is not detected and result in a internal crash of the P3D code.

But a product, which generates a lot of logs is not showing many knowledge of the code and so it is very good possible, that there other bugs more critical.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, @OPabst
the problem is gone if I deactivate the AIG scripts. EDDM is working (winter textures are back!) and no more errors in log.
So it's an incompatibility of both products caused by AIG.

If I add: 
local EmissiveScale = varget("T:EmissiveScale", "Number")
local EmissiveTexture = varget("T:EmissiveTexture", "String")

to the 169 AIG scripts it's working fine with EDDM and no errors in log.

Archived