Honeycomb Bravo buttons & lights stopped working after importing different profile.

Hi again guys.

Sorry for bugging you again...

Yesterday evening I made to flights, and it was a pure joy using the autopilot buttons and the other assigned toggle buttons! What an immersion!

Browsing around today, I noticed the profile for the NGXu was updated so I downloaded it. As I found out yesterday that the buttons for the Engine Start Levers was switched, (so the switch for engine 1 worked for engine2 and vice versa) I thought that it maybe was fixed.

But when starting the sim, after importing, loading and activating the new profile the Bravo was dead in the water. No lights, no buttons working.

I also tried the updated profiles for the 777 and 747 which I also downloaded today but same result.

However, it is recognized in the "Add-ons - Honeycomb" tab in the sim. When "Reload button bindings" is chosen, the red sentence comes up stating that 67 bindings was successfully loaded.

And the bin folder seems to be in order, along with the add-ons.cfg. 

I have no idea what happened here.

I also took a dive in the recycle bin to try the first profile for the NGXu that worked yesterday, but still nothing.

If someone has an idea of what has happened, when they have time for it, it would be great :)  The throttles are still working so I'm not grounded, since I have a special MEL list ;) 

Cheers.

Please login to display this image.

Hi again Benjamin.

Thank you for the reply and suggestion.

Sadly it didn't make any difference. I tried "Activate PMDG" and then load and activate the profile, and also just "Activate PMDG". Still no joy.

I see I forgot to attach the add-ons.cfg in my previous post. I attach it here although it looked the same as yesterday.

But any further investigation is probably best at your computer I guess :)  

add-ons.cfg

• Aerosoft

Hi Orjan:

there was indeed a mix up again in your add-ons.cfg causing you to have two Package.0 entries...which will obviously fail. I will investigate in the next days, if this is caused by our configuration tool, somehow.

In the meantime, try the attached .cfg again and see if it works.

add-ons.cfg

Sorry for the late answer but I have been testing a bit..

So I pasted the .cfg you attached, opened the configurator and did the necessary things, opened the sim and even the "Honeycomb" tab was gone under the Add-ons menu.

Did it a couple of times with a different way in the configurator, but still the same.

I then took a look in the P3D folder and found 2 add-ons.cfg files... Hmm, I did leave only one in there...

I took the faulty one out again, and then started the sim without touching the configurator.  Aaand: presto! The lights came on and the buttons are alive again. You are a lifesaver sir! :) 

I don't know if it will be of any help, but the extra "add-ons.cfg" that was placed there, it seems that it is the configurator that puts it there. Because after the last session where everything worked again, there was only one .cfg file in there. And that was yours.

I attach the one that got placed in there when running the configurator, it didn't hold much but certainly enough to mess things up ;) 

Thank you so much again Benjamin, I won't touch anything now! :D 

Cheers!

add-ons.cfg

Archived