FMS sees new Navigraph data but uses old navdata

I just recently picked up the CRJ but am having a navdata issue. While my Navigraph FMS Data Manager automatically scanned for and added the Aerosoft CRJ Professional and installed the data no problem, and the FMS sees the correct dates for the current AIRAC cycle (2013 at time of writing, see attached screenshot), it doesn't use the correct navdata and pulls outdated waypoints and procedures; for example, out of KORD it references ORD5 which no longer exists.

From other forum posts about Navigraph, it looks like the Data Manager is putting everything in the correct location (default install locations, nothing special here) but the aircraft just isn't using the right data. Is there some additional step I may be missing? Navigraph is putting the updated PROC NavData in Aerososft CRJ Professional and updates the five text files in NavData within Aerosoft CRJ Pro v5 and leaves the PROC folder in there untouched. I imagine if I copy over the data from the first directory into PROC it will work but I shouldn't have to do that in the first place right?

Please login to display this image.

Hi Phunyun,

What Navigraph Data is in the 'Aerosoft CRJ Professional' folder (you have shown the content for 'CRJ Pro v5')?

I think I also had two folders, an older 'Digital Aviation CRJ' one and a 'Aerosoft Professional CRJ' one, I deleted the 'DA CRJ' one, do you need both?

I have also just had an issue with a flt from KPAE to KPDX where I could not see the PAINE6 departure in the CDU, after uninstalling it (for 'other' reasons) and reinstalling it all of a sudden re-appeared and there was my PAINE6 Dep, actually, which version are you running (?), my re-install was to upgrade 2.2.0.0 to 2.2.0.1 I think.

I have had this issue with other a/c, generally down to Navigraph putting files in the wrong place (not always thier fault I should add, some developers move goal posts sometime).

Good luck,

Steve F.

2 hours ago, Dwammy said:

What Navigraph Data is in the 'Aerosoft CRJ Professional' folder (you have shown the content for 'CRJ Pro v5')?

The data in there is the updated PROC data which the aircraft is not using, for example the SIDS and STARS for each airport. Whether Navigraph Data Manager isn't putting them in the right place or the aircraft isn't looking at the right data when a Navigraph cycle_info.txt is present is what I think the problem here is. I did redownload the latst version to make sure I was already on it and it does still do the same thing. It's just weird to me that Navigraph is moving the PROC data to a different folder instead of just putting it directly in the aircraft unless the aircraft is meant to look in the other folder as well?

Update: So I went ahead and downloaded the latest manual installer for the CRJ data instead and it does indeed put the PROC files in the correct location within Aerosoft CRJ Pro v5, looks like this is an issue with the FMS Data Manager itself? Because even if I set a manual mapping for the CRJ it still does that same (incorrect?) folder structure. If I'm not the only one I'd be surprised if this specific issue has gone unreported for this long.

Hi Phunyun,

Yeh, mine lives here (all under one roof);

But that is for P3Dv4 though, I guess that you are running v5.

Good luck,

Steve F.

This is definitely a Navigraph data manager problem. I have P3D 5.1, and the latest Navigraph data manager 1.8.5.1105

The data manager is putting the 5 text files for waypoints, navaids etc. into the correct place, but the data manager itself is creating a completely new folder under C:\P3Dv5 Addons called “Aerosoft CRJ Professional and installing the PROC files under that folder instead of under “CRJ Pro V5”.

I deleted the incorrect “CRJ Professional” folder, but when I run the Navigraph data manager and instruct it to update the CRJ database, the incorrect folder is re-created.

I suspect this Navigraph issue has been going on for quite some time, (perhaps months).

When the CRJ is initially installed, it includes a default set of (older) PROC files from Aerosoft NavDataPro, installed in the correct place.

Navigraph users might not realize that the procedures are not getting updated, since Navigraph does correctly update the other nav data files, (including the AIRAC effectivity date that displays in the FMS).

It’s not necessarily obvious the PROC files are out of date unless a procedure name changes in the real world, like the ORD5 departure changing to ORD6.

I have posted on the Navigraph support forum about this bug in the data manager.

Hey thanks JRB,

I will check this, although I am sure that you can manually adjust how/where Navigraph handles and update files can't you (?).

Cheers,

Steve F.

1 hour ago, Dwammy said:

Hey thanks JRB,

I will check this, although I am sure that you can manually adjust how/where Navigraph handles and update files can't you (?).

Cheers,

Steve F.

You can point the data manager at the base folder for the CRJ - typically (for P3D V5) “C:\P3DV5 Addons”, but what it then does with sub folders is hard-coded into the data manager software itself. It is putting the main AIRAC data in the right sub-folder, but then creates an incorrect folder structure to store the procedures. This is a bug in the data manager that only Navigraph can fix.

I have not verified, but someone said that the stand-alone manual installer for the CRJ that can be downloaded from Navigraph does work correctly.

I believe this Navigraph error in file placement only affects a P3D V5 installation of the CRJ.

Hi JRB,

Yes indeed, actually I think I also had this issue with some other add-on some years ago, but the Navigraph FMS Data manager tool was in its infancy then, I had been so used to the 'stand-alone' instllers that I just continued to use 'as is' for while until they sorted it out (eventually).

It makes me wonder if any of this is ever checked before it is unleashed on us unwitting customers!!??  Hey-ho, there you go.

Cheers,

Steve F.

Archived