EGKK - Blank ILS on Approach to 26L

Leacho

Hi All,

Not sure if its just me or not, but I'm trying to pin down a problem with the ILS Approach into London Gatwick 26L - if you see my screenshot below, the diamonds do not appear when on approach to the rwy, and as such the Localiser and Glideslope never activate.

Please login to display this image.

I have Orbx South installed also, and I have tried the approach both with UK2000 scenery and Jennasoft EGKK - but I get the same issue with both sceneries, so I'm not sure if the issue is with Orbx, or the A320 bus.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Using current versions of both the A320 and P3D.

Thanks

Leacho

Hi Secondator - I must admit, I haven't actually tested another aircraft, I'll give one a go if I can remember how to fly it :)

Latest Navigraph installed, but this is a long standing issue I've had - only just got around to trying to get it resolved - interestingly all other airports are ok.

Thanks
Leacho

Interestingly I've just had exactly the same issue at Bristol (EGGD) - flying inbound ILS 27, and the aircraft turns me 180 away from the airfield! - Flew the earlier flight from Bristol to Madrid, and landed ILS no issues there, I'm suspecting Orbx - will remove and report back.

• Deputy Sheriffs

For the first screenshot, the LOC diamond is out of scale, but indicates lower left with 258, looks correct.

GS you are to far right. Out of beam width.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another thought, does the tuned ILS freq match with the scenery ILS freq?

What I posted before was just wrong. The 258 indicated the ILS course and had nothing to do with the diamonds.

Hi Masterhawk:

I've also been working with Orbx on this, as I had some other issues, and I reckon the ILS issue is now solved (although I can't see how it was related) - I didn't realise that you could re-order the Orbx scenery from within Orbx Central - ever since I've done this, and removed some overlapping scenery, I'm getting much better realisation, and I managed to grab the ILS first time, I'll try again tomorrow just to make sure it wasn't a one off, as I want to check out the Bristol ILS again - so will do a complete circuit.

I will report back.

Thanks

Archived