Navigation display on second monitor needed

Detlef_747

Hello everyone,

I have installed the Aerosoft Professional A320 on my system running P3D 4.5 on Windows 10. I have a somewhat special cockpit with three monitors. The top screen is an ultra wide 49 inch screen. Below are two Full-HD (touch) screens. I am in the process to build a panel with real hardware switches (using the Arduino).

On the top screen I want to see the view from the glare shield and just the top part of the virtual cockpit (FCU and EFIS control panel). I could do that just fine. And on the bottom screens I was able to place PFD, ECAML, ECAMU displays and MCDUs. 

My question is: how can I get the navigation display in a separate window that I can draw to another monitor?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Detlef

vor 22 Stunden , Secondator sagte:

Unfortunately it's not possible to separate the Navigation display into a 2D gauge at this moment.

Hello,

thanks for the information. That's a pity. You say "at this moment". Are there plans to have a navigation display, that can be shifted to another monitor?

If not I will try arround with additional camera positions to shift down my "pilot head" slightly when needed.

A follow-up question then: would you say there is another AEROSOFT aircraft, that allows all complex flight instrument be drawn to another monitor? With "complex" I mean flight screens and computers (e.g. MCDU)?

Thank you for your help,

Detlef

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another Aerosoft Aircraft is the CRJ Professional.

Regarding first question, currently only solution is to use additional  views with adjusted camera position.

Currently there are no plans to add more 2D gauges.

Bob,

thank you again. I tried to define a virtual cockpit camera with this specification (by trial and error, I dont really understand the XYZ directions):

Virtual Cockpit

XYZ:  0.18, -0.35, 0.5

PBH: 18, 0, 0

Zoom: 1

It shows the Navigation Display. But it is really no match with the clearness of a 2D display. It is not so bright and not so sharp. maybe I do something wrong. Also when I cycle throught the views on the main screen, e.g. by pressing the a key, at some point the new camera view changes away and I have to reselect my camera (I called it Navigation Display). 

Thank you for your hint to the CRJ. Is there a trial version before I would buy it?

Thank you

Detlef

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is no Trial version.

Are looking just for a complex aircraft or any special type?

CRJ and Airbus are total different. And there is also Boeing.

Hello Bob,

a modern large aircraft (right now preferably 2-engine) with different liveries available and where I can put every computer and screen on a different monitor if needed. That's probably what I am looking for.

I am flying the Microsoft flight simulator since FS98 with some gaps maybe. I had always fun building additional hardware. I love touching switches and buttons rather than keypboard and mouse for everything. I started a new cockpit project recently with a 1+2 monitor setup (One 49 inch 32:8 plus two 16.:9 monitors). I want to avoid panning arround in the virtual cockpit where possible. See the picture.

Thank you

Detlef

Please login to display this image.

Archived