Simwings Heathrow // EGLL // Strange night ground lighting // Strange ground textures.

Pro FS

Hello! So, I have 2 issues with the Sim Wings Heathrow. First, the ground night lighting is very strange. It has green and red blotches at night (see photo). Second issue is the ground textures. The entire ground layout looks like it is made of grass (?). The only exception to this is the runways, which are fine. It appears the main ground layout is slightly transparent over the satellite image.
System specs:
2060 SUPER
i7 9700
16 Gigs of ram

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you're using any ORBX products, please ensure your EGLL is above them in the Scenery Library order by using the function in Orbx Central to set the Orbx entry point below all your add-on scenery.

Negative, did not fix either of the issues. My ground layout still looks transparent over the satellite image layout.

• Developer

I could not see any mayor fault on your screenshots.

It is a common technology in the design, to have a photoreal ground at the area the airports, which could not have the resolution, to present details of the surface in the apron area.

This details will be given by high resolution textures, which have a small transparency to keep some shadings of the photo, but give the details of the groundstructure on the apron areas.

It is possible, that there not in all areas of the detaillayers fits 100% exactly to the groundstruture given by the photoground, but this is technically difficult based on the round earth calculations, which not always generate the correct offsets in the millimeter area.

Oh, I dont mind the offsets, its the grass material on the apron which is the issue. Here's stand 544 for what others (from a previous topic regarding the same issue [Their solution did not help me]) see versus what I see: (stand 554)
XtlJPrk.jpg

• Developer

Ok, the difference of this two pictures...

13 minutes ago, Pro FS said:

Oh, I dont mind the offsets, its the grass material on the apron which is the issue. Here's stand 544 for what others (from a previous topic regarding the same issue [Their solution did not help me]) see versus what I see: (stand 554)

... is only the view angle of the same postion? The oneworld 747 looks ok, the easyjet is different at the same position 544.

• Developer

The view to the position in the first case (747) is more from the top then in the second case of the A320. The viewpoint is lower above ground in case of then easyjet.

It should be enough to show the 74 image (the way its supposed to be [photo taken by someone else]) has no grass material on the apron. My image (the A320 one) has a grass material on the apron.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, Pro FS said:

It should be enough to show the 74 image (the way its supposed to be [photo taken by someone else]) has no grass material on the apron. My image (the A320 one) has a grass material on the apron.

Then something must be messed up on your side.

This is what I see in P3Dv4.5HF3, no matter what zoom level and/or viewing angle I use:

So please go to OrbxCentral and make a screenshot showing this:

• Deputy Sheriffs

As said something in your setup is messed up:

- delete the shader cache

- start with a fresh prepar.cfg

- maybe do a fresh install of EGLL

- maybe do a fresh install of P3D

- delete the shader cache - Did that a few days ago while trying to fix dynamic lights.
- start with a fresh prepar.cfg - Did that a few days ago too.
- maybe do a fresh install of P3D - Did that a few weeks ago while moving it to another storage device.
- maybe do a fresh install of EGLL - Will do this

Archived