Upper Wind Forecast not available

8 minutes ago, Rami Abulhassan said:

ok But I always use Active Sky XP or isn't not working anymore on third party.

It will still work as it did before, just with 2.04 you are reminded that the upper wind forecast over time is not available. The only source for this within PFPX is the online weather option.

Personally I use PFPX online weather for planning and ActiveSky in-flight.

Greetings Everyone,

Is there a fix for this issue to date?

I updated and sadly I am now seeing this error and became a +1.

I will attempt to revert back to 2.03 until a suitable resolve is made to the very necessary and important tool that is PFPX.

Well I renew my subscriptions PFPX and now I am using online weather so it seems like is working and I am not seeing upper wind forecast.
But using ActiveSky in PFPX it shows upper wind forecast but is very interesting. Hope soon later it will come soon with the best update. 
Well I am off here time for me to fly. I no longer need V2.03 anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Still no fix for this issue?

Yeah and it's very annoying, instead of redirecting you to OFP it first goes to messages, please fix this guys, thanks very much.

I do have the same problem with PFPX 2.04 and ActiveSky for P3Dv4. Getting the same report with no wind forecast doesn't matter what time and date or what plane. Seems to be a problem with PFPX as it worked well in 2.03.

Hope to get a fix soon 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

+1 same issue, no upper wind error in 2.03 but there is in 2.04. But does this mean that the upper winds data is correct at the time of planning? As I'm not too bothered about a forecast as long as it is accurate at time of planning. I'm using FSGRW to provide the weather data to PFPX.

31 minutes ago, Jason Butcher said:

+1 same issue, no upper wind error in 2.03 but there is in 2.04. But does this mean that the upper winds data is correct at the time of planning? As I'm not too bothered about a forecast as long as it is accurate at time of planning. I'm using FSGRW to provide the weather data to PFPX.

I don't believe there is any difference in planning using AS or FSGRW in the two versions Jason. The only difference is that the lack of upper wind forecast data warning was suppressed in previous versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 1:44 AM, srcooke said:

It will still work as it did before, just with 2.04 you are reminded that the upper wind forecast over time is not available. The only source for this within PFPX is the online weather option.

Have you guys all read what Stephen said above ^^^^.

It's not an issue, it's telling you that there is no wind forecast when using Activesky weather, which is true.  So how is this an issue?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 6:44 AM, srcooke said:

Hi I just updated to 2.04, I was using Active Sky in PFPX and of course got the red error message about not being able to forecast upper level winds. I switched to 'Online weather' now I still get a message "Upper Winds aloft forecast does not cover entirety of flight.'

3 hours ago, davidzill said:

Does this effect my flight performance calculations, fuel needed, etc?

If you use real world weather (either add-on or default one; and it is accurate) then yes, it would have an effect on flight planning as one does not have most recent forecast.

As this impacts all users that have subscription to the online weather, I am certain that fix is coming. Just hope it is sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

So it's more than THREE MONTHS already and no solution given? I've just updated to version 2.04 and I regret doing so, if only I knew I would have this kind of trouble...

I'm not sure whether or not the subscribers have this issue, the point is that I do not have a subscription and I'm OK with that, since I use ActiveSky as the source of WX information (unless you wanna provide me with a free subscription).

Now I'm with a broken flight planner, since it doesn't compute the winds aloft it doesn't do it's job.

Now, is this going to be fixed?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wanthuyr said:

Now I'm with a broken flight planner, since it doesn't compute the winds aloft it doesn't do it's job.

There is NO difference in how PFPX uses the AS weather in v2.04.

The ONLY difference is the message that you are now seeing was previously suppressed when using third party weather sources.

PFPX is using the AS 'current_weather_snapshot.txt' file that does not contain wind data forecasted over time. Your wind forecast is generated using the fixed data provided in the snapshot as it always has done.

Other than removing a message, that is correct, there is nothing to fix regarding using AS for planning.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, ahoppe said:

I have the same issue with AS P3D and P3DV5 after moving from 2.03 to 2.04.

Have you read just the last post before posting?

@srcooke is correct with his statement. He is one if not the only who give support to the PFPX users and know the program very well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 9:05 PM, srcooke said:

Other than removing a message, that is correct, there is nothing to fix regarding using AS for planning.

Well can we please get the "red alarm" message removed? Just make it an advisory message.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 7:05 PM, srcooke said:

There is NO difference in how PFPX uses the AS weather in v2.04.

The ONLY difference is the message that you are now seeing was previously suppressed when using third party weather sources.

PFPX is using the AS 'current_weather_snapshot.txt' file that does not contain wind data forecasted over time. Your wind forecast is generated using the fixed data provided in the snapshot as it always has done.

I think I am going to go bald if I read this thread again.  Please read Stephen's post.

There is no issue with PFPX.

I just realised before I say that in bold - can you still release your flight plans?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use