Honeycomb configurator questions

• Aerosoft
vor 1 minute, Bert Laverman sagte:

Ok, thanks! That'll give me something to play with.

BTW The default Alpha profile uses for some (but not all) lights a TOGGLE, while your own variable list also includes ON and OFF values. Wouldn't that have been easier?

I guess you are now talking non-PMDG profiles? If yes: we wanted to be as backwards compatible as possible with those default profiles and some of those ON/OFF events were simply not available for FSX or even older P3D versions.

4 minutes ago, Ørjan said:

Uninstalled via Windows Programs & Features, and installed the latest downloaded version.

I'm sorry to say, the lacking folders/files in the honeycomb bin are still missing after following the steps listed by Bert.

And under "Add-ons" tab in the sim, there is still only the yoke listed.

Would it work if I pasted the .json files in the bin folder?

Strange. Yes, it may help to copy the Bravo profile to "BFC_Throttle_Config.json", but we're also reaching the point where official support may be better than another user's...

• Aerosoft
vor 7 Minuten, Ørjan sagte:

Uninstalled via Windows Programs & Features, and installed the latest downloaded version.

I'm sorry to say, the lacking folders/files in the honeycomb bin are still missing after following the steps listed by Bert.

And under "Add-ons" tab in the sim, there is still only the yoke listed.

Would it work if I pasted the .json files in the bin folder?

Orjan:

just to be sure: it does not look like this for you? You should be having two menu entries for AFC_Yoke and two entries for BFC_Throttle. If not, it looks like for some reason the interfacing module does not recognize your throttle at all and subsequently also won't load any profiles for it. Can you make a screenshot showing the same menu location, please? 

image.png

Yes very true, I am also thinking maybe to start a seperate topic, and not hijacking this one.

Anyway, thank you very much for your time and help! It is very much appreciated!

I will try to paste, and if it doesn't work I will open a new topic :)

Cheers!

• Aerosoft
vor 2 Minuten, Ørjan sagte:

Sure thing Benjamin, something strange is going on here. 

Please login to display this image.

Thanks Orjan,

I think I know what is happening: if you look closely, you see that the writing of "AFC Yoke" is looking differently than the "AFC_Yoke" in my screenshot (without an underscore). That is, because the module that is loading for you is still the old version 1, which does not even know the Bravo Throttle, but only the Alpha Yoke. So, it looks like this is still installed somewhere on your system, gets loaded with the sim and and interferes with the new version 2.

Please open up the "Add-ons" menu to double check, if you maybe have two AFC_Bridge modules loaded up at the same time:

• Aerosoft
vor 2 Stunden , Ørjan sagte:

I don't really know what is happening on your system and I am also not at my development machine right now, so actually quite limited. But this folder, checking file sizes and modification dates, looks like it is completely the old version. And that is also what is showing up as loaded in your Add-ons menu. Can you please attach your add-ons.cfg, which should be located in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4".

Now that would explain the whole thing....

But, as I recall from another topic you replied to, you are on a holiday of some sort? Why don't we look at this when you are back in business so to speak? This matter is in no way more important than some quality time off duty.  

And as I see the development of this, I suspect I better get ready for big bite of humble-pie anyway... ;) 

add-ons.cfg

Benjamin, my deepest apologies!

It seems I have been looking at the wrong place for reasons I can't even explain...

But as I mentioned earlier; illiterate would just about cover it....

• Aerosoft

Thanks for your kind consideration Orjan...highly appreciated ;). Just relaxing and watching something so I'm happy to assist you.

There is indeed a mess-up in you add-ons.cfg. Please try and replace with my altered version and see, if you can get the correct version to show up in sim.

add-ons.cfg

That is very kind of you, but everybody needs some peace and quiet :) 

BUT:

What, in the name of all that is holy, did you do? It all works! Buttons, lights, rotary buttons.....! And it also shows correctly under the "Add-ons -> Honeycomb" tab.

I'm almost in tears here Benjamin, this is just amazing!! 

I literally have no words... Only that I will be eating humblepie for the rest of the holidays, and quite a while after that.

The button for FlightLevelChange does move the flap lever down, in addition to pressing the virtual FLCH button. But that is some double assignment I think, that is no problem at this point anyway!

Sir, you really made my day! You deserve some sort of appreciation at the very least! And I will think of something... ;)

I hereby take back my initial comments about Honeycomb, and realize that the issue was at my end; again. (You'd think I would have learned by now, but...) I will edit that post.

Thank you very much again Benjamin! Stay safe and enjoy your holiday!

EDIT:

I just found out the EDIT function no longer works for older posts.

Benjamin, feel free to do what you want with my "rant-post"... I thought I would add a Strikthrough- line across all the lines in it and refer to my latest post, but I will leave it up to you. ;) 

• Aerosoft
vor 57 Minuten, Ørjan sagte:

The button for FlightLevelChange does move the flap lever down, in addition to pressing the virtual FLCH button. But that is some double assignment I think, that is no problem at this point anyway!

Yes, that does indeed sound like a double assignment. There is also an option in the Configurator to remove all assignments for you from a device..so that you only have to assign the axis (Throttles, Flaps, Speedbrakes) via P3Ds menu.

I'm glad it's working now for you, Orjan! Have some great days of the outgoing year.

Hi, have recently picked up the Bravo throttle. Connected to my PC to use with P3DV5.1. Watched "training" videos...regretfully now totally confused.

Whist the narrator is undoubtedly very knowledgeable, but he, in his own words, is not a "native" English speaker. 

I appreciate that you are probably working on new Drivers to simplify the whole installation process, well I hope so anyway, for us "non programming" customers.

Is it possible to put together a tutorial video, but use a native English speaker?

Archived