Plane specific?

Hi! I really like the product of the alpha and bravo.

However, it's just the configuration that confuses me a lot.

I wonder if the setting in the configuration plane specific? I mean should I set different profiles for different planes?

For the right rotary knob on the FCU selector( on Bravo), only Alt, HDG and IAS work on some planes. However, VS and CRS seemed not work for me.

As to the light switches on the Alpha controller, I have lesser luck.

Hope someday, I can set them up easily. 

The profile is taken to every plane in xp11.

that’s why programming the Bravo inside xp11 is preferred as that will be aircraft specific. (Joystick configuration) 

However, the profile has more options. If you use different profiles for different aircraft, then you will have to activate the profile every time loading the plane.

You can also make a general profile, fitting most airplanes (like GA or Airline) and change just a few things in xplane joystick settings per aircraft that will load every time with the aircraft. 

I, for example, made a GA profile, that turns the landing gear lights off when battery is off. I couldn’t stand the hardware lights being on when the batt was off.

Anyway, all GA aircraft use this profile and per aircraft I changed the toggle switches to whatsoever is current in  plane.

Loading GA aircraft I don’t have to switch profile. Only when I go to airliners. 

then again if you really like a specific plane and use it a lot, you might as well make a special profile that you use every time. 
No need to reload the profile every time as it keeps the last left. 

hope this helps. 

Tee

1 hour ago, teeloo said:

The profile is taken to every plane in xp11.

that’s why programming the Bravo inside xp11 is preferred as that will be aircraft specific. (Joystick configuration) 

However, the profile has more options. If you use different profiles for different aircraft, then you will have to activate the profile every time loading the plane.

You can also make a general profile, fitting most airplanes (like GA or Airline) and change just a few things in xplane joystick settings per aircraft that will load every time with the aircraft. 

I, for example, made a GA profile, that turns the landing gear lights off when battery is off. I couldn’t stand the hardware lights being on when the batt was off.

Anyway, all GA aircraft use this profile and per aircraft I changed the toggle switches to whatsoever is current in  plane.

Loading GA aircraft I don’t have to switch profile. Only when I go to airliners. 

then again if you really like a specific plane and use it a lot, you might as well make a special profile that you use every time. 
No need to reload the profile every time as it keeps the last left. 

hope this helps. 

Tee

Thank you so much for your explanation.

Could you tell me in the X Plane joystick set page, which profile should we select when using the Honeycomb profile? "User profile" or? Or the honeycomb profile will override?

Honeycomb profile is always active. Put it this way: the profile is stored in the hardware module (I think). As soon as the hardware is connected and the sim running, the Bravo hardware communicates to the sim via the profile. When you assign function in the (Bravo) joystick menu of xplane it will add that on top of the profile.

In Xplane you cannot change, delete, mute or override the profile. The profile resides in the hardware and is always active.

• Administrator

Hello,

the configured profiles are saved in the X-Plane 11 Plugins/AFC_Bridge/honeycomb_profiles/ folder.

If you have more than one profile created, then you shall activate the profile you want with the Honeycomb Configurator.

Menu Profiles. Here load the Profile you want.

Then Actions - Activate Current Profile.

Then you can close the configurator.

Start X-Plane 11 and goto the menu - plugins - Honeycomb - BFC_ Throttle - and there choose "reload bindings".

The active profile stays as long as you change the active profile with the configurator.

Greets Heinz

PS:

If you want to share your profiles:

Export it with the configurator. Then share it. For example here:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/128-bravo-throttle-quadrant/

And now the shared profile can used if you "import" it with the configurator.

• 4 months later...
  • Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived