• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Gielvdv said:

Hey,

Do we need to install the Hoppie software to get this working?

Hello Gielvdv,

No software from Hoppie's is required. Only the logon code which has to be entered into the A3xx configurator.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Gielvdv said:

Hey,

Do we need to install the Hoppie software to get this working?

No, but you need also to be online with IVAO or VATSIM.

Hey ,

Applied the update and the DCDU unit is pitch-black (  even the ATC NO DLINK is not showing) no matter what I do . Few information that might help:

- the CPDLC.DLL was last modified on jan 23rd ..but the update was released just yesterday. 

- the DLL is loaded when the aircraft is loaded but it never reaches for CPDLC.INI

- Replaced it with a CPDLC.DLL from a previous version and the ATC NO DLINK is showing but no other function is possible other than adjusting the brightness.

- the notification (logon) seems to be a dummy feature .. it shows as logged in to the ATC unit, but no real interaction with HOPPIE network is happening.

Thanks. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
52 minutes ago, ahadhiri said:

Hey ,

Applied the update and the DCDU unit is pitch-black (  even the ATC NO DLINK is not showing) no matter what I do . Few information that might help:

- the CPDLC.DLL was last modified on jan 23rd ..but the update was released just yesterday. 

- the DLL is loaded when the aircraft is loaded but it never reaches for CPDLC.INI

- Replaced it with a CPDLC.DLL from a previous version and the ATC NO DLINK is showing but no other function is possible other than adjusting the brightness.

- the notification (logon) seems to be a dummy feature .. it shows as logged in to the ATC unit, but no real interaction with HOPPIE network is happening.

Thanks. 

CPDLC.dll dated 23 Jan is correct one. Updates need time to be tested, so it's normal that the files don't share the update release date.

How do you mean it never reaches the CPDLC.ini? Do you have this ini file located in General\A3XX CPDLC\ folder?

Did you enter the Hoppie's logon code into A3XX configurator (you should also see this logon code inside the CPDLC.ini folder.

Could you zip the whole Data folder and send it to us. We'll check the log files located in there if they have any clues why it's not working for you.

Old CPDLC.dll files obviously will not work.

12 minutes ago, Secondator said:

CPDLC.dll dated 23 Jan is correct one. Updates need time to be tested, so it's normal that the files don't share the update release date.

How do you mean it never reaches the CPDLC.ini? Do you have this ini file located in General\A3XX CPDLC\ folder?

Did you enter the Hoppie's logon code into A3XX configurator (you should also see this logon code inside the CPDLC.ini folder.

Old CPDLC.dll files obviously will not work.

Please see the attached screenshots. 

I used a proccess monitor to check if Prepar3d is accessing the CPDLC.INI to read the logon code, but i don't see that it did. It loads the CPDLC.DLL though.

Thanks!  

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, that is strange indeed. Could you send also the panel.cfg located inSimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A333 RR Professional\Panel along with the previously mentioned log files.

1 minute ago, Secondator said:

Yeah, that is strange indeed. Could you send also the panel.cfg located inSimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A333 RR Professional\Panel along with the previously mentioned log files.

Yes, it is. Panel file attached.

I've also tried on another computer (my old one) and it's exactly the same.

thanks.

panel.cfg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, that panel.cfg file is not up to date.

First, I would recommend you to do a complete new reinstall and then applying the update. This is the safe method to ensure that there are no other files that have not updated either.

Let me know if that works. If not, then we'll look for another solution.

36 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Yeah, that panel.cfg file is not up to date.

First, I would recommend you to do a complete new reinstall and then applying the update. This is the safe method to ensure that there are no other files that have not updated either.

Let me know if that works. If not, then we'll look for another solution.

attached is the Data folder and  logs from  procmon.  You will see that CPDLC.INI is not accessed even though i was using the ATSU to send requests.

I'll try few things and let you know if I find the culprit. still, it is strange that I get the same behavior on two completely  different computers . 

Thanks.

PS: Just a friendly reminder. I left a message earlier regarding automated Hoppie , but never got a response. 

Data.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs

Right, I was now able to recreate this issue myself as well. No idea how this slipped through. My sincerest apologies. We'll get this fixed and ship an hotfix for the update as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting it.

33 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Right, I was now able to recreate this issue myself as well. No idea how this slipped through. My sincerest apologies. We'll get this fixed and ship an hotfix for the update as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting it.

No worries ! Glad it helped ! l

I took a guess on how to make it work , and  it WORKED ! :)     

• Deputy Sheriffs

Here is the quick hotfix to everyone who have the same issue with DCDU not displaying anything on A330 for P3Dv4 after the update.

Replace the panel.cfg file with this file inside the \Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A333 RR Professional\Panel folder

The problem only affects the A330 for P3Dv4. P3Dv5 should be all fine.

We'll be releasing a hotfix through the updater for this shortly as well (I'll hide this post once update is availabe).

panel.cfg

28 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Here is the quick hotfix to everyone who have the same issue with DCDU not displaying anything on A330 for P3Dv4 after the update.

Replace the panel.cfg file with this file inside the \Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A333 RR Professional\Panel folder

The problem only affects the A330 for P3Dv4. P3Dv5 should be all fine.

We'll be releasing a hotfix through the updater for this shortly as well (I'll hide this post once update is availabe).

panel.cfg 35.66 kB · 0 downloads

Thank You so much for the quick actions! we're getting closer.

DCDU is working now .. but still no requests are made to HOPPIE . All stations returning STATION NOT ONLINE and no HTTP requests are being made to hoppie.nl 

EDIT :  Please disregard last message. It is working perfect now. my bad and thanks again. I'll be happy to join the beta testers team.

• Deputy Sheriffs

1 hour ago, olschelsea8 said:

CPDLC wont show on my mini cdplc screens. How do you start it please.

Hotfix for Aerosoft A330 Professional for v4 has been pushed on the updater now. So please update to version 1.4.0.1 and it should work.

We'll get back about the printer issues next week.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:43 PM, Secondator said:

Currently there is no manual for CPDLC but we'll consider adding some information about it in the future.

Greetings  Secondator, 

I am very pleased with the addition to the A330 and say a big THANK YOU! to the team on the incredible move towards increased realism.

I am slightly disappointed with this statement - especially with the 'consideration' for adding information. Jeffg (below) asked about it; I immediately - upon update - went looking for new documentation on the new system. If it is something new to the system, it may mean that persons probably have no clue on how to work it. Further, I wouldn't think it's wise to assume that others - similar systems - work exactly the same. I mentioned all that to kindly and humbly suggest that - rather than considering to do it - an expeditious write up is done to aid persons who would have no idea on how to properly use the new feature.

Once again, I say thank you on the behalf of many of us who would have waited for such a system to be implemented and your hard work to get it released. Keep it up as you continue to encourage us to fly with your magnificent products.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:41 AM, jeffg said:

I thank you, as I have no idea how it works.

JeffG

Warmest regards,

Archived