Honeycomb Bravo: thank you from the "other" customers

As anyone I've been long awaiting the Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, pre ordering very early this year. After numerous pushbacks, 18th December seemed to be the date, which was then pushed to 23rd of December. 

I've ordered with Aviation Megastore here in The Netherlands. 

Unfortunately, Aeorosoft as sole distributor of the product in the EU, at the last moment, just before Christmas, decided not to honour its promises to other retailers and not send them any stock. This in favour of only serving its own direct customers first, disregarding all "other" apparently lesser customers in the process. A move you can pull off as monopolist, not caring for all other much smaller businesses in the continent. 

We now have to wait until the New Year and can forget to look forward to spending some time this holiday with the quadrant. 

So this is a sarcastic thank you to Aerosoft, for making that painful and long wait that everyone went through, that much worse for many EU customers. True colors of a company are only shown during these kind of scenarios. Naively I thought in the flight sim community things were focused on treating each other more fairly.

Merry Christmas.

Original communication for Aviation Megastore (Dutch) below.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Okay, we feel your frustration. But the actual story is a bit more complex.

The simple fact is we did not get what we were expecting on the scheduled date. We got a delivery late on December 17th. we shipped as much as we could on the 18th (do note that is a Friday and let me tell you every loose hand in the company was in the warehouse to make that happen, nobody went home until the last truck drove off). On the weekend we were willing to work but no shipping agent is picking up packages, so we had could only start to ship to our distributors on that day. And yes, Corona and Christmas did not help.  We simply can't ship what we do not have and these are not normal times

A box in our warehouse that is not shipped costs us money. We pride ourselves to ship stuff the same date we get it as much as possible. Not many companies will tell you that.  And yes, that means project managers are in the warehouse sticking labels on boxes. It is how Aerosoft is. But yes, when push comes to shuff, we handle our own customers first. Every company will always do that. We do not apologize for that. No company would ever do so.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 4:34 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, we feel your frustration. But the actual story is a bit more complex.

The simple fact is we did not get what we were expecting on the scheduled date. We got a delivery late on December 17th. we shipped as much as we could on the 18th (do note that is a Friday and let me tell you every loose hand in the company was in the warehouse to make that happen, nobody went home until the last truck drove off). On the weekend we were willing to work but no shipping agent is picking up packages, so we had could only start to ship to our distributors on that day. And yes, Corona and Christmas did not help.  We simply can't ship what we do not have and these are not normal times

A box in our warehouse that is not shipped costs us money. We pride ourselves to ship stuff the same date we get it as much as possible. Not many companies will tell you that.  And yes, that means project managers are in the warehouse sticking labels on boxes. It is how Aerosoft is. But yes, when push comes to shuff, we handle our own customers first. Every company will always do that. We do not apologize for that. No company would ever do so.

I understand the desire to fulfil the orders placed directly with Aerosoft ahead of those placed with competing retailers, but I guess those of us that placed orders via Amazon et al, really need some direct information on when we are likely to see the fulfilment of our orders.

I also understand the issues that have been prevalent globally will have an impact on delivery schedules.

I note that the Bravo is listed as "available in Spring 2021" on the Aerosoft site.

I placed an order with Amazon on 15th July 2020.  Is it safe to assume that any units that have been slated to be supplied to Amazon will be shipped ahead of the Spring 2021 availability of units on Aerosoft.com?  This would at least provide a crumb of comfort that those of us who opted for Amazon will not fall further down the pecking order.

If the new units that arrive with Aerosoft prior to "Spring 2021" are then allocated to the newly placed orders, then this makes a complete mockery of the partnership of Aerosoft and Amazon and I would expect something of a backlash.

• Administrator

Maybe this post helps to understand the current situation.

Available "spring 2021" concerns new customers and new orders, not pre-orders from Amazon, Aerosoft, and so on.

Best regards,
Marius Ellenbürger
Aerosoft GmbH

Archived